Author Topic: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)  (Read 15670 times)

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
Re: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 12:36:45 am »
Dakota stood up top and called off everyone. Before yelling back down to Artyom again. "You walk on in. The Lynx women at the desk will give you a card for the elevator and you come up. I wouldn't try anything in there either... I promise you'll be fine!" He said as the last thing before going back inside. He pulled up his radio again. "Everyone we have a guest. Courtesy... Or else. He'll shoot you or I will most likely. Also... Ms. Sadie. Give the guy the key card." He added going over and waiting by the elevator.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 12:42:53 am »
Artyom gave a thumbs up to Dakota, he took his hood off. He walked until he was inside and said "umm hi I guess I'm the guy he's wanting to see." He managed a smile, in all honesty he was actually kinda scared.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 01:14:29 am »
Hearing the failure part mostly he grinned and his tail swayed behind him "Ooo you sound like one of those movie bad guys." he leaned on the table in front of him looking at the tigress "Guess that means you as well would be in trouble if we fail? Isn't it thrilling to know your career is on the line based on whether we live or die?" his tail went down idly swaying now as he looked at Allorah and Killswitch now "I'm ready when you two are. Besides I think the old tabby needs to go get a dish of cream as we do the hard part."

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 12:38:44 pm »
The lady at the counter did in fact go ahead and hand him a card. "The elevator is at the end of the hall to your right." She said with a smile. The guards all helped him on the way there if he seemed to need it to. Though the guard at the elevator didn't really smile... "We have a security case here for weapons... None of us need yours so they will in fact be here when you make it back down..." He waved his hand to the rather odd weapons case in the wall. It was definitely sturdy. "Can't go up otherwise. I'll even let you put them in there yourself." The guard said with a little bit of a grin.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 11:07:01 pm »
Artyom understood why they needed his weapons. He took his HASR and removed the mag, charging the handle to let the live round out. He did the same with his revolver,removed his grenades, mines, and finally his knife. "Alright that's all clear, no weapons." He stepped into the elevator, putting his mag into his vest.

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 12:30:53 pm »
The tigress moved with frightening speed for one of her advanced age, gripping his jaw in an iron grip. She smirked coldly, eyes literally glowing from within as she eyed the mouthy mercenary. "This old tabby is in no danger here my mouthy little friend. But I do advise this. We cannot afford open war with a corporation as well connected as shadow corp. So, if you are caught...I am afraid I have never seen or heard of the three of you in my life...Understand?"

Romeo moved through the halls of shadow corp, walking with a few guards in black combat gear. "Men, I want you on your guard. Higher ups in the organization have informed me that we may be facing an attack from an unknown opposition group. Not knowing the group, I am afraid I cannot inform you overly much on their possible armaments."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 11:13:39 pm »
The guard shrugged and the elevator closed and was up to the top on little time. "He's got some ammo but that's it." The guard said radioing Dakota. Dakota didn't say anything back and instead waited in front of the elevator until it opened. He was all happy but put his hand out as if to tell him stay. "Welcome! I don't know what to call you yet... Supposedly you aren't here to kill me." His welcoming feel turned far more serious as he waved him inside. "As long as you don't try anything you can keep that ammo on you..."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 11:34:19 pm »
Artyom was a little on edge "You'll know my name soon enough." He replied, and followed Dakota. "Quite the place you've got." He looked around glancing around at things of interest. "I'm guessing it took some time and effort to get this much." Artyom typed some things down on his wrist screen and then hid it with his sleeve.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:36:05 pm by Amducious »

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 11:44:47 pm »
Dakota sighed and shook his head. "No. Sit down. I didn't mean like that. I'm not sure if I call you assassin... Or what." He said sitting down in his own chair. "It was earned. Maybe not entirely the legal way. But it was earned." He leaned forward and tilted his head ever so slightly. "So. Why exactly did you have a scope pointed my way then? It wasn't to count my teeth..." He said with a little growl. "I get lots of kill orders on me. I don't appreciate it of course... But such is life as a gang leader. Whatever. You tell me what you were really doing."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 11:54:27 pm »
"I have many names." He sat down, and folded his paws. "I guess you could say I'm similar, not entirely legal but alive." Artyom took one of his mags out, with HEI in it and slid it over to him. ".300 RUM it's a nasty round. I was watching you, I prefer real "targets" to watch and study their movements." He looked up at him "You just happened to be one, and well the sunlight ruined my watching." He looked towards the elevator "Can I leave now?"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:55:13 am by Amducious »

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 08:39:14 pm »
"Black op protocol active." Killswitch said, hearing the tigress explain the stakes. "In the event of capture, friendly agents are to be terminated and all vital information will be erased." That said, he started towards the door, ignoring the vise grip the tiger had his handler in, seeing her as a higher ranking officer he was not to interfere with.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:46 am »
Tasuneviir was awakened by an incoming message. He glanced over it, used the bathroom, packed some clothes and debated with himself whether or not to take the armor.
"Good morning, sir! One message came in moments ago saying that you must head over to the New York division of Shadow Corp and speak with Mr. Faust for your latest mission! No other messages, and your coffee will be ready in two minutes." His personal AI and close friend, said to him.
"Thanks, Roland."
"Would you like me to arrange your armor to your New York office?" Tasuneviir thought for a second, "Sure."
"Great! Your flight to New York will be leaving in four hours, I suggest you get to the airport."
"I'm packing, I'm packing."
"Umm... Sir?"
"Yes, Roland?"
"Can I come with?"
"Sort yourself for a transfer," Tasuneviir said, "we are leaving in ten." His holographic image shook with glee. He didn't understand why Roland was so perky in the mornings.

He went through security, boarded the craft and kept his bag on his lap, because in it, was Roland. He didn't want to lose him. A short while later, Tasuneviir left the airport and proceeded to the NY division of Shadow Corp. Once there, he asked for Mr. Faust and was directed to his office.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 04:19:27 am »
Two hours after the limo ride, Tava found herself reporting to Romeo for a reassignment. Apparently they were expecting an unwelcome party and rebalancing security, she had no problem with this but... Out of everyone suspicious of her, Romeo was the closest to being right, he also had seen the sleeve of her Sunderland exoskeleton that she wore under her suit, and from what she had heard about him...he wasn't the highest rank that suspected her, but he was definitely the biggest threat. "Tava Barnes reporting for reassignment sir" (not her real last name)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 12:15:55 pm »
Romeo was sitting at his desk, hands folded and eyes closed as the two furs came in. "Ah, Mrs. Tava, Mr. Tasuneviir." He stood, hands folding behind his back as he took in the two other furs. "Excellent, I was waiting for you. I trust the two of you are aware of your current assignments." His A.I. rose up behind him. "Greetings. For those who were not adequately informed about the mission, we require our guards to investigate a series of disturbances. We are expecting government interference, and we are also worried about an in company spy. So, be careful with who you trust." The corgi's eyes burned into the two furs, watching them dispassionately. "Now, are we clear as to the nature of your missions? Tasuneviir, I require your services as a personal guardian. Tava, I am sending you in infiltrate the local government buildings and recover any shadowcorp files you can."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 02:38:05 pm »
"Am I to infiltrate alone?" she had proven throughout her career here that she could perform better alone...in paper it looked like she simply worked much more efficently solo, but in reality it was because paired with someone she couldn't use her exoskeleton to it's full potential without it making it on to the report...and exposing her. Her voice remained passive, aloof. She half wondered if they suspected her as the spy, but she let nothing show. With him already suspicious of her, there's no way he didn't suspect her, so what was his angle?
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 08:54:46 pm »
He nodded. "Yes, Mrs. Tava, you are. Your records speak for  themselves, and i dont wish to sacrifice quality for quantity, especially not in this instance." He smiled, though it was not at all warm. "I trust you can handle this? Do this, and I'll see to it personally that you get everything you deserve."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 12:52:03 am »
Tasuneviir nodded. "Yes sir." He left the room to go to his office where his armor and weapons were waiting. A few minutes later, he returned and stood by Romeo's side wearing his Venus Armor and holding his laser rifle.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2016, 02:12:22 am »
"Yes sir...I'll move out immediately." she turned to leave his office, mulling his words over in her mind ~everything I deserve huh? Way to sound ominous... But if he knows it's me, why keep me around?~ by now she had made her way outside to her bike, a rather sleek and fast hoverbike, which she hopped on, drove a shout ways to an alley and put her helmet on before pulling off her guard uniform. She shivered a little as a light breeze brushed through some of the fur that the pink and black skintight exoskeleton didn't cover, her tail, the nape of her neck, a couple spots on her thighs. The helmet she had was a full face helmet, same colors, with a mirrored visor and slots in top for her ears to poke out of. Finishing this, she folded her uniform gently under her seat and drove to the target building.

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2016, 02:01:25 pm »
Sid busted through the door. "WAIT WAIT!!" he yelled.  "sorry I am late there were a bit of a problem but its taken care of."  "So what did you need me for sir?" He sat in a chair waiting for a reply.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:07:18 pm by Arachnid »
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2016, 06:49:34 pm »
Romeo raised an eyebrow at the Bulldog. "Yes, you are late. And I didnt invite you to have a seat. Perhaps unfortunatly, that means you recieve the last task i needed to pin. Guard duty. I want you to protrol my office block, and alert me of any suspicious goings on that you notice. Gentleman, we have a bug in the company. I intend to find it...and crush it." He smiled grimly. "Don't dissapoint me again Sid. This is already a mark on your record." Turning to Tasunevir, he smirked. "So, first things first. What have you heard about me from other people in the corporation? Im dying to hear the local gossip?"

The building rose into the sky, a glistening spear pointed at the heavens. A well secured government intelligence building, known for high security and dangerous information.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2016, 07:07:26 pm »
Dakota nodded. "Yea..." Dakota looked over the ammo and played with it for a second. Then he adjusted and pulled a pistol from his vest under his shirt and rested it on his leg. "You know something?" He said putting the ammo down beside his seat. "That's a hard story to believe..." He chuckled "and that you expect me to believe it is pretty funny too. I especially enjoy the part where you show me the ammo loaded and aimed at me!" He stood and bared teeth as he said so. He called some though and sat back down. "I don't know if I should let you go. Or just get rid of you now. Right off the roof... Give me a better reason to let you walk out."

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
[sorry been sorta busy irl] 

Mikhail swayed his tail still behind him before he watched the tigress in a flash rush him and snag his jaw in an iron grip. His eyes looked into her own. His mind thought on a few things ~She has speed enhancements as well strength. Guess I need to at least bide my time until this job is done.~ as she spoke of not knowing them if they are caught and would be considered not part of the government. He nodded his head as much as he could towards her as Killswitch went on by

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2016, 09:34:33 pm »
"I won't let you down ma'am. I promise you," Allorah said placing a fist over her heart. "Now... if I may ask for you to let go of my comrade."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »
Artyom looked at him calmly "Don't believe me? It's fine you can shoot me too." He got up and put his hands behind his head. "I'm not armed either, and if I wanted to kill you you'd be dead already." His eyes darted to a place for cover. He let his hands down to his side, and he slowly started backing up. "I'm not stupid either, if i kill you here." He pointed all around then at Dakota   "I know every single guard would be on my tail in seconds." He glared at him.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 10:53:39 pm »
Dakota chuckled and raised the pistol at the man. "Yea... They would be. Let alone cameras.." He said with just the slightest smirk. "Honestly you'd be kind of useful... I don't do field work." He shrugged and then pulled the trigger and the gun just clicked. Dakota chuckled and there's the gun off to the side. "You can be of use to me, and I can help you practice... In a way."