Author Topic: Finding Truth (1x1 with Kalam)  (Read 10403 times)

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
Re: Finding Truth (1x1 with Kalam)
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2016, 01:46:20 am »
Madeleine followed Ash up to the truck and stopped to watch around. Ash had not only found the truck was unlocked but the keys were readily available. She wondered how long their luck would hold out at this point. Maddy's ears twitched as movement and some noise caught her attention. "Let's get out of here."

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2016, 03:06:31 am »
Ash put the keys in the ignition, the engine rumbled to life. "Alright get in!" She turned on the heater and backed out of the station. The person inside the store walked out, they already left before he had a chance to stop them. Ash looked at the fuel gauge; Only half full, this should be enough. She didn't speak to Maddy.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2016, 03:54:38 am »
As soon as Ash started the truck she moved to hop in. She got cozy and whined a little for her paw. It has bled through the wrap over it by now. "Stupid razor wire..." She said looking up at the road to try and take her mind off of it.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:22 am »
Ash sped up, she turned on the turn signal and went down the another road. "It's crazy that we only met a day ago and now we're free huh?" Ash smiled and turned to Maddy still paying attention to the road.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 10:43:20 am »
Madeleine sat quietly for the majority of the ride. Ash had finally spoke up almost as soon as she decided to take a nap. "Uhm... It is pretty. Crazy." She said yawning and leaning back against the seat as far as she could. "Going to need some new clothes soon. I hate being in the same clothes too long." All this chatter was really just something to distract her. She couldn't drive right now which bothered her and she didn't care for being the passenger.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2016, 09:44:31 pm »
Ash laughed a little "You seem tired." The sign on side of the road read "Redwood Pass-10 Miles". "We'll get some new clothes soon don't worry, and a clean comfy bed." She tuned the radio, and turned it down low enough so Maddy could sleep. Hopefully I can get that nasty cut on her paw sewn up.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2016, 02:15:12 am »
Madeleine looked over lazily and gave her a sort of mean look. "What gave it away?" She asked sarcastically. She happened to find even space to lean the seat back after some effort. The radio was suddenly on which didn't bother her right now she just closed her eyes and slowly trailed off.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2016, 06:19:42 am »
Ash giggled "Just shut up and sleep." She turned the radio to a news channel, their names were mentioned, they had escaped and that local authorities still didn't know their whereabouts yet. They finally made it to the highway, it was almost sunrise. They would be nearing another national forest in three hours. The truck still had enough gas for the whole trip. Ash waited for a couple hours so Maddy could sleep.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2016, 09:22:50 am »
Maddy smiled as she tried to get to sleep. After several different positions in the seat, she finally found a good spot after several tries. While she rested her tail drifted around and finally settled as she passed into sleep. Every so often her ears would twitch and her tail would shift but otherwise she was out and unmoving.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2016, 01:30:56 am »
It was now 8:00 AM. They were now on a series of windy roads, the forests here were very lush with dark greens and moss covering almost everything.  It was beginning to pour down rain. Ash gently shook Maddy "Hey, we're almost there just only a couple more miles." She turned onto a dirt road, puddles of water covered the road. It seemed as if they were going deeper into the forest.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2016, 03:27:40 am »
Madeleine was out and simply put couldn't have been sleeping any better. It was better than the plank of a bed in jail for sure. She felt herself soon being roused awake though. She groaned and heard Ash. "A couple miles? You couldn't of waited until then?" She looked at the road they were taking now and wondered where they even were. "Where is there exactly?"

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2016, 08:55:45 am »
Ash shrugged "I figured it would be best for you to be awake." The rain started to pour down harder "Besides this road can get dangerous." Ash looked at the fuel gauge, it was almost empty. "Where exactly? A safe house in a sense." She drove a little faster avoiding potholes on the road.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2016, 10:52:37 am »
Madeleine just sat and groaned. "That's a terrible reason." She yawned out. Not really enjoying the road they were on now. "And it's on this terrible road. Good we aren't in a car. Close enough but..." She said expressing her distaste for everything right now. She was grumpy to say the least being woken up.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2016, 12:14:56 am »
Ash ignored her and turned the windshield wipers to full power. Lets just hope it doesn't snow if it gets colder, then I'll have her and that to deal with. It was all she could think about. "Just be happy we're not stuck in that hellhole." She said with slight annoyance. The road leveled out and was much smoother than the other area. Ash drove the truck into a concealed  area, it finally came to a stop. "We're here finally. Well just a hundred meters then we'll be there."

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2016, 01:13:13 am »
Madeleine stayed quiet the rest of the time and just groaned when the occasional bump would shake the truck. "Yeah I'm glad and all. Don't get me wrong. Just could of waited until now." She said hopping out once they stopped and waited for Ash. "Lead the way." She said cheery as possible even if she wasn't.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2016, 07:16:36 am »
Ash shut the door of the truck and grabbed the keys. "Well let's get a move on." She started walking up the road, she put her paw in front of her face trying to shield the rain. The general area was covered by many green plants, and it made it seem more concealed than the other areas. They came up to a small military barrack building  . It was painted to match the forest around it, along with branches over the top of it. Behind it was a garage built out of sheet metal for 3 vehicles, and a water pump just by it. Ash walked over to the door of the building, and started digging with her paws into the dirt. She pulled out a small box from the dirt. She opened it grabbing a key ring, she searched through the keys and finally found the one she was looking for. Ash opened the door and said "Here we are."

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2016, 02:53:44 am »
Madeleine grunted what seemed to be a compliant okay of sorts. So she followed right along ignoring the rain falling on her face. "Why exactly do you have a camo coated building way out here? You aren't one of those zombie apocalypse furs are you?" Most didn't just have safe houses lying around. Unless of course it wasn't her first jail time, or escape. Or she really was and doomsday prepper.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2016, 08:36:27 am »
Ash shook her head and chuckled "No I'm not one of those furs. it's just were I store things that I don't need, I just made sure no one would be able to find it or me..." Ash was silent for a second, as if remembering something. She switched on a light switch, revealing there were 10 small wooden crates stacked in the far right corner. There was another eight crates that appeared to be longer, some had markings on it written in Russian. There was a kitchen, three beds, a small desk, and a reloading bench with other tools around it. Half of the barrack had tile and the other half carpet. It was surprisingly welcoming and felt rather safe. "Alright, you said you wanted some new clothes before right?." Ash walked over to a wardrobe near the door. "Make yourself at home." She pointed to a chair next to a table.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:41:43 am by Amducious »

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »
Madeleine smirked and nodded. "A lot of effort for whatever is in here." She mentioned trying not to say anything about her odd silence for a moment. After getting inside and looking over everything she sighed. What was this? Smuggling? She didn't say anything of course and just moved along. "Yes. I did mention that." Keeping a light tone. Before heading over to where Ash had pointed. "So? Why stock all this stuff unless you live here. And or ya know d day prep."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2016, 10:37:32 pm »
"Yes, and it wasn't cheap either, the crates were probably the most expensive." Ash said as she pulled out a red flannel on a hanger, some socks, and a pair of pants. She gave them to Maddy "These will have to do for now until I can find the other things." Ash grabbed a pair of sweats and a white tank top. She walked over and grabbed a dressing blind resting on the wall, setting it up. "Let's just say I had a lot of problems with too many furs. So I built this place in case I needed to hide out for a while." She started taking off her jumpsuit behind the dressing blind , she threw it over. Ash put on the sweats and tank top. "You can go ahead and get dressed now." She walked over and sat down in a chair across from Maddy.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2016, 01:21:59 am »
Madeleine at first was happy to have new clothes after having to be in a guard outfit over the prison uniform. Although of course the clothes given weren't exactly what she was expecting. "Of all this stuff I guess I expected too much for clothes..." She said holding the top up in front of her. "My.. Place isn't all that far from here. It's not really safe probably but there is something I need there and that's my ride. Swap some special plates in and we should be okay. This truck we have is bound to be pulled over some time soon." She said looking over to see Ash's form behind the blind. She chuckled and got dressed where she was stripping down and dressing up before Ash was done. "Race uniforms on and off. I don't need the blind thanks." She said with a smirk arm over the back of her chair as she relaxed in it at an angle.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2016, 11:40:29 am »
Ash giggled "Don't worry I have more clothes in the garage out back. I think I still have my jeep too." She got back and walked over to the crates with the keys in her hand. "We could go in a little while, but let's just hope there isn't any roadblocks setup for the next couple miles." She grabbed a small crate and opened it, there was mix of ammo but mostly 5.54x39. "Here want help me with this?" She pointed to the other side of the longer crate. "We're going to need these."

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2016, 05:52:41 pm »
Madeleine blinked and looked down at what she was wearing. "Well... Why did I bother putting these on?" She chuckled. She didn't really pay attention to what Ash had said only that she mentioned a jeep. She heard the roadblocks and nodded. "Hope not." Then of course Ash asked for help with a crate... Of ammo? More guns? She had already tossed the one she had. "Uhm.. Okay.. Where is it going?" She asked now gingerly taking the other side of the crate.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2016, 08:51:47 pm »
Ash shrugged "Just for now like I said, plus those are a bit warmer." She grabbed the other side of the crate and said "Lets just move it to the middle of the room there." She hoisted it up, the crate weighed more than they expected. She set it down carefully and slowly, they didn't want to damage the contents inside. "Alright let's crack this thing open." She unlocked the first lock, then the second and removed the top of the crate. Inside there were AK-74s, AK-47s, and PSLs in the mix. "If you don't like Russian and Romanian rifles, I have other crates of more American style rifles." She grabbed another small crate of ammo and opened it.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2016, 11:06:52 pm »
It was a pretty heavy crate. Felt like moving a transmission from an old vehicle. She ignored that though as she watched as it was opened and her ideas were right. Guns... She didn't like guns. Well there was one she liked... But only ever for target shooting. "Uhm... PM63?" She asked hoping not to attract the question of whether she had actually shot anyone... Ash seemed far too eager and ready to shoot anyone. Madeleine's tail twitched she at least had the only weapon she had actually fired.