Poll

how many of you have rooms that would make a human double take

yup
57 (54.8%)
blah
47 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: a room fit for a furry  (Read 22403 times)

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
Re: a room fit for a furry
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »
it aint my room unless nickleback is playing :)
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Nike Bluepaw

• Male
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 05:04:44 pm »
Can't say I've gave much thought to having a furry-themed bedroom. When I have my own place, I will definitely decorate it to feel fit for a fox  (: What sort of fox-like things would go in a bedroom?
The purpose of life is to give life purpose.

Offline RysuDrago

• Its Snowing.
  • Female
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 06:00:17 pm »
I recently moved, So you can bet that when I have a chance to paint my walls, They'll be absolutely covered in dragons! :D
Im also planning to get lots of dragon and reptile stuff when I get the chance :) Does anyone know of any good shops or websites that make animal themed furniture and stuff?
Grawr-Rawr-Rawr.

Offline Daxenobis

• Male
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 03:28:52 am »
My room is not really that furry. I basically just have my furry comics, and my Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit plushies as book ends for the shelf. I also have a couple of Oswald ears that I will wear at Disneyland if I go. Other than that, no furries items really. Though I do want to put up my Ratchet and Clank poster... just need a frame.

As far as just art that is not based off of some sort of published character I have none.

Offline AikaCoonCat

• Icon by Uriko44
  • Female
    • Aika's Commissions
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »
our bedroom is covered in fur XD so many tails and a couple heads and just some scraped fur! lol well.. let me show you guys.

http://aikacooncat.deviantart.com/#/d5r6nhw (link!)

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 01:02:05 pm »
Over the last year or so, my room has become more and more furry. Interestingly, this is is largely due my parents; they keep buying/giving me things with animals on them - wolf blanket, plushies, knick knacks of animals, wolf calendar last year, etc.  :D
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 01:42:39 pm »
I'm really not sure what a furry themed room would even look like unless there was furry art all over the walls. If you choose to decorate based on your chosen species then it wouldn't really be furry, but more like a fox den or roost or whatever.

My fursona is me so there really is no difference between us. I love the way my room looks right now, but there are definitely changes I would make, like painting the walls a royal purple and decorating with Victorian era style pieces and art all over the walls. But that wouldn't really be a furry themed room. Not in my opinion.
My FA

I come and I go

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17:25 pm »
My room is always messy.  The shelves are more steampunk when they have a theme, and the onlt poster I have is an old diagram of the human heart and circulatory system (it looks cool and I love biology), but recently I started making tails, so I have a nice pile of faux fur sitting around.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 10:01:03 pm »
Currently, no.  :P  However, when we get our own place, we will probably have a sort of cave for a room. We don't like the sun, and we don't mind a mess, so it really will resemble a cave somewhat.  :D

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 04:43:00 pm »
My room's pretty normal I guess, I have a Prussian Flag? and a Russian Special Forces uniform that's about the only thing semi out of the ordinary...

^ ^;
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »
My room has wolf and dragon stuff everywhere and of course there's other animals and pokemon ;)

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2013, 07:13:04 am »
My room is ordinary >:( (Though neater then most people my age :P)
I would like to put up pictures I've drawn of my fursona or maybe add a chair and fill that with soft fluffy things to curl up in?
My bed is against the wall and has pillows all along that side and against the opposite side it has a mattress(I can't sleep without it :P I feel too exposed otherwise x_x)
My curtains are a dark-ish blue that black out the street lamps and every other light.
I would say Scar would love my room (But I would need to add what was stated above  :))

EDIT: On 29/06/13

I have put the mattress back under my bad and now all the pillows form a cosy little nook I can sleep in <3
I am still working on getting the pictures of Scar on my walls but I have now got a Doctor Who poster up :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:53:56 pm by Scarlegs »
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!

Offline Revant

• Hi there.
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 07:02:12 pm »
I think one of the most important things you can have is books, even if they are not directly connected to furry. I have some books about werewolves and shape shifters (I don't have Twilight) but I haven't had the time to finish reading them. I have not been able to decorate my room either but I would love to have animal posters and pictures on the wall, maybe even plushies sitting on the bookshelf. I just can't wait to have my room decorated. I hate these empty white walls! I want moar!  >:(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:40:39 pm by Revant »
What color is a chameleon on a mirror?
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2013, 07:22:38 pm »
My room is most certantly not fit for a furry. We have a rat problem, which has caused a flea problem. No amount of decorating can fix that.
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:22 pm »
My room is VERY strange, the walls are decorated with die-cast, my desk, night stand, dresser, and bookshelf are decorated with die-cast and model aircraft, and a rc Helo. Anybody that's never been in my room before always ask me why am I obsessed with cars.

I know it's a little off topic, but the question was, is your room out of the oridinary.
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Keo

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2013, 11:13:42 am »
Since I live with my parents and don't want them to know I'm furry/etc, my room is pretty vanilla - bed, desk (well kind of... makeshift), wardrobe (got a couple of animal-related shirts), lamp, drawers, door, window, etc. I have some small-ish plushies that I've retained from when I was younger... But nothing really that could pin me as furry-ish or eccentric (apart from some star trek ship models on my ceiling which are from when I was a bit younger; also used to have a couple of dragon ornaments, though, think there's only one in there now).

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2013, 02:12:09 pm »
They would probably double take at my legion of ponies mixed in with my transformers and marvel stuff

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2013, 05:31:24 pm »
i have quite a few bear posters around, not to mention other animals
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2013, 03:40:42 pm »
I am jealous of all these rooms now  >:(

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:24 pm »
My room is just how plantan wants it...  He likes when it's messy and then he gets to clean it... He sleeps in a bed like a collie does with humans... And the walls are colorful as my walls are white and action(splatter) painted with green yellow  hotpink and purple Jackson pollock style....
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
Well I've since moved so i might as well describe our new digs! Being in a basement, it works very very well for our needs. The walls are painted a deep, deep red, the bed's matching to a degree. We have various pieces of my artwork as well as others' work on the walls but not plastered. Tastefully laid out is certainly more suiting. Our fursuit heads are up on a shelf amongst other little trinkets from our travels. The lighting is constantly kept rather dim and is via LED strips running through the ceiling. To answer the question? A few it might make heads turn, however our room is a direct reflection of my mate and I and who we are :)
www.furaffinity.net/user/onai <-- I be makin' fursuits. yar.

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2013, 09:17:22 am »
My room at the moment is far too small and my fursona would hate living in it. I literally have only two paths in my room. One path leads to my television and closet, while the other path leads to the bathroom (which happens to be in my room). And if ONE thing happens to be out of place, the entire room looks like a hurricane had hit it.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 06:09:42 am »
Well, having my parents divorced has lead me to have two rooms... one of which would make most people think twice, but not because its furry.  in fact, at my dad's house, i basically have my own one -room house, about 50% than the average living room.  running water, microwave, fridge.  i buy my own food, and basically live in the second house in the backyard (We have a double lot on the corner, a house bought by my grandpa way back when...) and it's a great place for parties!  at my moms, i have a drab and boring camo themed room, with simple metal furniture.  it's absolutely perfect to me, except it gets a little stuffy in there sometimes... my collection of plush animals has slowly shrunk over the years, but i still have good amount.  a big manta ray, moray eel, some crabs, a fox and a platypus; i even have a plush horseshoe crab.  Oh yeah, and i have at least 3000$ worth of Legos... the combination of my dad's, my uncle's, and my own...  um, yeah... i can't think cuz i'm tiered, so ima go to sleep now...

Offline Fal

• Racing Dragon
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2013, 09:27:32 am »
Hehe I have a TON of furry pics on my walls, and the room itself is far too cluttered. But then again it's like a little dragon cave, with earthy colors for the walls and a small sort of space. And thus, I love my room. :)
Happy Dragon, Sleepy Dragon, Hungry Dragon *licks lips*

Offline Amarok

• Male
    • Brandless
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »
My room is industrial style, most of my furnature is from the 50's or industrial design
and i have a lot of plants.