Author Topic: Forum version upgrade  (Read 11056 times)

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
Re: Forum version upgrade
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 09:35:45 am »
The DB field is different. So everyone will have to reinput in. Strange how your avatar no longer worked. I briefly saw a photobucket error on there if that helps.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Mylo

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 09:56:21 am »
How do you view all unread topics from all boards?

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 10:02:21 am »
There's a link in the profile space at the top - Show unread posts since last visit.

one thing i miss all ready is the "active topics" tab that was next to the "home" tab

other than that it looks nice just need to get used to it.

The link described above does the same thing as the Active Topics button did.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:05:44 am by Weisseman »
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 12:08:48 pm »
I did notice the profile "species" field has disappeared though?

Yes and no to this one. The old forum used custom php to make that field. The new forum software can make custom profile fields within the software itself. We still have it. It's just moved to the bottom for the Forum Profile page.

Just look to the left of this post to see I still have my species :)

Ah, thanks, I must have missed that! :)
~Also, I noticed quite a significant speed increase (at least 2x), which is great.  I'm actually surprised that the new release could be that much more efficient.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 02:54:46 pm »
Is this permanent, is it supposed to feel old, and can I change it back for myself somehow? It feels very 90's, blocky, and more downgradey than upgradey, I really dislike it, no offense of course, I really don't want to hurt any feelings at all, and I mean no ill feelings, It's just really creeping me out o.o
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:16:28 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 04:04:52 pm »
Is this permanent, is it supposed to feel old, and can I change it back for myself somehow? It feels very 90's, blocky, and more downgradey than upgradey, I really dislike it, no offense of course, I really don't want to hurt any feelings at all, and I mean no ill feelings, It's just really creeping me out o.o

We won't be reverting back to the old version. This was a pretty necessary upgrade to the overall forum platform being used. Some visual tweaks might still be possible, but the biggest thing right now is to make sure functionality is all where we need it to be.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 05:17:01 pm »
"Specify an avatar by URL" does not work after multiple attempts.
"Upload an avatar" does finally work.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:52 pm »

Honestly not sure what was up with your avatar disappearing. Mine is linked by URL, and I'm even hosting it on Photobucket as well, and it's working just fine.  I did check yesterday after you reported the issue, and the URL that was in your avatar field just wasn't working. Even just pasting it in the browser, I was getting an 'image not found' error from photobucket.

At least you got it uploaded  :)

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »

Honestly not sure what was up with your avatar disappearing. Mine is linked by URL, and I'm even hosting it on Photobucket as well, and it's working just fine.  I did check yesterday after you reported the issue, and the URL that was in your avatar field just wasn't working. Even just pasting it in the browser, I was getting an 'image not found' error from photobucket.

I tried linking from PB at least a dozen times, but nothing worked. I even tried using different pics, but still nothing. I don't know if the issue is here at Furtopia or if it's at PB.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 07:06:35 pm »
I tested a Photobucket link and they work fine. I think it's PB's end because it's not our end.
ಠ_ಠ

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »
On a somewhat related note, I just did a bit of testing of my own.  If you use Flickr for avatar hosting, you'll need to use an http:// link rather than an https:// link in the URL field (just remove the "s" before the colon in the URL after you paste it).  Apparently the service now defaults to HTTPS links (which is a good thing), but HTTPS links can't be used as avatar links on the forums.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 10:07:58 am »

I tried linking from PB at least a dozen times, but nothing worked. I even tried using different pics, but still nothing. I don't know if the issue is here at Furtopia or if it's at PB.

Your avatar works for me.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 11:28:53 pm »
Whoaaaaa, just popped in for a quick visit, only to find that y'all moved all the furniture and changed up the decor while I was gone. Can't even find the hallway that leads to my old office anymore. :'(

Anyway, great work admins, control panel is a good addition, really loving the new menu bar with the drop-downs, okay carry on 8)

()