Author Topic: Faded Furs  (Read 21107 times)

Offline WildbillTX

• Where's the BBQ?
  • Male
    • My FA Page.
Re: Faded Furs
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 03:27:31 am »
Calamity Cougar is living in Memphis now. He'll be at Mephit Furmeet and Fangcon this year.  Yippee Coyote is still very active.  The last time I saw Camo Rovak was at Megaplex in 2016.

I was very disappointed with the Funday Pawpet Show closing down. The free server they were using to stream the show suddenly shut down.  And Yappy Fox who ran the show for 17 years was just burned out doing it and having to ask for money to pay for new equipment and royalties so they could play music on the show.

A lot of furries have abandoned posting on FA and are using Weasyl, Twitter, Telegraph, Instagram or Facebook.

(PS: Hi everyone, I haven't been on Furtopia in a long time, glad its still going strong!)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:31:03 am by WildbillTX »

Offline Mister Initial Man

• Species: Lynx/Bear
  • Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 06:10:40 am »
Eggplantman has disappeared.  The fate of Catswhisker is unknown.  Borni's got a LOT of health issues...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 12:38:07 pm »
Greifer Fox has retired his old threadbare suit in grand fashion. A new one is now in play.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:09 am »
I was very disappointed with the Funday Pawpet Show closing down. The free server they were using to stream the show suddenly shut down.  And Yappy Fox who ran the show for 17 years was just burned out doing it and having to ask for money to pay for new equipment and royalties so they could play music on the show.

They decided to bring back the Funday Pawpet show, even though they will put out an episode once a month and no outside music.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeSMIOgx7HXufewkla6BRJg

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 08:05:07 am »
Learned that furry artist and fursuiter Robert Bear passed away last week.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 07:52:13 pm »
The suiter once known as Camo Rovak sold his fursuit, changed his name to Eigen Rovak (I think) and removed his fursuiting videos from public viewing on YouTube.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2019, 09:10:36 pm »
The GSD suiter known as Dogbomb passed on some months ago.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2019, 01:57:26 pm »
MTigress, who posts on YouTube, and appeared--in fursuit--at FC 07 in a James Bond 007 fursuit parody. She has not updated her channel in six years.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2019, 09:38:03 am »
Haven't seen anything from either Jase Husky or Kellogg Collie in over a year.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 11:43:11 am »
What happened to everyone its heart breaking to see everyone abandoned ship
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 09:42:54 pm »
I befriended Rabbitfangs only months before he passed on.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 11:37:54 am »
Discovered an amazing harajuku fursuiter--a furry lolita--named Albino Coyote recently on FA. Several years ago, she moved to Traverse City, MI and idled her FA account. Her other furry account address appears inactive. I'd apply a "heartbroken" emoji were one available.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 10:00:55 pm »
My pal Zippy Coyote, who lives in Maryland and was setting up furry bowling meets, went silent on FA some months ago due to illness.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2020, 04:16:29 pm »
Has anyone heard from John "Eggplantman" Mann?  He was the artist behind the Zodiac webcomic.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2020, 10:35:12 pm »
We have learned that the fursuiter known as Tycho Aussie has shut down his FA account. He may have gone inactive due to a number of RL issues.  An attendee at both AC and MCFC, also GLFC 14.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 10:53:35 pm »
Oh man! That stinks!  I loved his photos!  :(
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 09:29:15 pm »
Oh man! That stinks!  I loved his photos!  :(

We hung out at a few cons. He's a science teacher at MSU and a ham radio guy. Caught Lyme disease some months ago, but apparently okay now. He posted a furry meme on FB today.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2020, 04:22:12 pm »
I was going to crack a joke about a furry getting ticks and getting Lyme disease,  but it's not a joking matter really.  Glad he is still with us !

I'll have to send him a flea and tick collar, maybe 20" ?
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 06:00:35 pm »
Kooky recently resurfaced after not posting for years.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2020, 11:08:16 pm »
Many furs get as much of what the Fandom offers as they can. Some travel the country, if not the world, to attend furry events. As much as time and budget will allow. It's likely to be able to attend a furcon or major meet each weekend--barring pandemics as is presently the case.

So easy to burnout.  Some speak of post-con-depression. People change and so do events. These are facts of life. Learn to accept it and roll with the punches. Just remember that you're not alone and you have friends here who also experience these things. Keep calm and carry on.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2020, 04:10:09 pm »
I found out Warren Hutch has died!

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2020, 07:07:00 pm »
Sorry I was was not very active  but  Cloudchaser Sakonige has passed away  suddenly in October 2019.

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2020, 02:18:31 pm »
There were a lot of good artists I used to enjoy seeing on Furtopia that I now miss. Names like:
Patrick Rangerwolf
Ulario
Hockeyraven
Autumn Fire
Sheeta
Kattywampus
.........and too many others to list. :(

Old post I know, but I'd almost forgotten about Patrick. I loved his drawings back when I was first getting rolling in the fandom.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2020, 10:04:06 pm »
I befriended a rabbit fursuiter (Peps6g73) who was an air force brat from a base I often visited here in Michigan. He suddenly expressed his frustrations with his treatment at certain cons and announced his exit from the fandom.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2020, 11:36:09 pm »
A Canadian fursuiter--CuteFoxie--used to post comments on my YouTube videos went silent a few years ago.
(Baps the old humorist.)