general furry discussion > furries on furry

Furry in the "News".

(1/3) > >>

Drake Blackpaw:
Quote (sonofearth @ June 16 2003, 10:12 am)Oh, well.  Good news just doesn't sell papers.
I've stopped watching the news because all off it is negative.  I just don't need it in my life and it really gives you a warped view of the world.

It amazes me that anyone takes an article in Vanity Fair or a show on MTV seriously.  Neither claim to be serious, unbiased news sources. But, some people actually believe the weekly world news.

Drake

WhiteShepherd:
Nost news sources are looking for something to exploit to boost ratings.  But I was pleasently suprised to read this one: http://riverfronttimes.com/issues/2003-06-11/news.html/1/index.html

Â WhiteShepherd

Drake Blackpaw:
Thanks for posting this WhiteShepherd.  It's always nice to see a positive article on the fandom.  

Not everyone outside the fandom has a negative view of us.  Glen Echo national park near DC invited several of the local fursuiters to come and be part of the entertainment for the reopening of the merry goround that was just refurbished.  So the US goverment called on some furs to help entertain the crowd.

Drake

Jadnar:
Hmm.. I don't know. As much as it does touch base on the good stuff, it still seems to have this little voice underneath it that seems to be bashing the Furry Fandom.

I don't know, Perhaps I'm just paranoid, lol. ^_^

Benjamin:
I agree that there is a bit of sarcasm tossed in there, Jadnar.
Seems like this isn't a very highly distributed newspaper, though. From what I've seen, only some of the smaller publications have given furry any sort of chance at looking good. This article isn't the first of them, of course. Hopefully, it won't be the last.
We'll have to keep our eyes open for when Castro's next episode on furry hits the airwaves. I'm sure we'll hear all about it when it does finally air.

Benjamin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version