Author Topic: Fire and Ice (1x1 with Skyfire)  (Read 8305 times)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: Fire and Ice (1x1 with Skyfire)
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 10:57:22 pm »
(Post edited.)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 03:19:25 pm »
"By this point, I'm sure he realizes he can't defend them all..." Prowl suggested, taking a few more pieces of meat from the table; she hadn't realized how hungry she'd gotten, perhaps due to the healers' magic. She thought for a moment, her mind turning to what her people would think of her oath to this vulpine, and growled at herself, clenching her fists angrily; she'd have to either die or leave, and since it didn't look like the first was going to happen anytime soon... She shook her head to clear it. "Look, we don't have very many crops that grow well here, and the water is always under a sheet of ice. We don't have enough mages to do anything about it, because we're warriors and lack the magical aptitude... Does that help?" After this burst, she looked down ashamedly, her hands still clenched into fists.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2016, 07:38:47 am »
(Hah! Contrary to hopeful opinion, I'm not dead! Anyways, my most sincere apologies on taking so long.)

Maximus waved his hand. "Please, eat all you want. We brought plenty of supplies, and while you are up and about, you are still recovering. I realize your cooperation comes at a personal cost, but I thank you. Anyways, if it's ice and water that trouble you, I think it's possible for us to solve that problem...." Maximus sat down at the table and started writing notes onto a piece of paper already there. It was obvious he was the military and civil brains of the empire. "In two hours, your father is coming. Is there anything else that you know of?"
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »
"No." Prowl said with a scowl, sitting at the table across from Maximus and drawing her blade. She laid it across her lap and ran her fingers down the flat of it, mentally cursing herself. Her blood was boiling for a fight, and the fact that she couldn't do anything about it was making her fidgety; at least the dried meat had taken the edge off of her hunger.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »
Macimus looked up at her, a momentary frown on his face. "You know, you need not fear for anything. No one in my camp will harm you, myself included, and you'll be going home with your father in a couple of hours. Relax, you can even take a nap on my bed if you feel like it. In fact, I believe that's what the healers suggested." By the time he'd spoken the last sentence, Maximus was already writing again, this time sketching something out. A diagram to go along with the half page he'd already written. The details weren't clear from where prowl sat, but it was probably the solution to the ice problem.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2016, 10:39:26 pm »
"I can't sleep..." Prowl replied quietly, shaking her head. "And I can't go back home... I don't expect you to understand..." She pushed herself back up out of the chair and began pacing to dispel some of her frustrated energy, her hands still clenched in fists of rage. "I might as well have branded my own hand with the mark of shame... They're all going to see what I've done as utter betrayal..."