Author Topic: mobile edit and quote options, delete post option fur all?  (Read 4042 times)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
mobile edit and quote options, delete post option fur all?
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:35 pm »
would it be possible for the flip phone mobile version of the forums to get an edit your post option? That would be extremely helpful, `specially if we have wierd posts that we want to change. It would also be nice if the mobile flip phone vers. Allowed you to quote people. I also think that when you edit your post, you should have the option to delete it or at least hide it from all people besides staff. Do you think any of these changes could be made? (staff reply)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
Re: mobile edit and quote options, delete post option fur all?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 03:24:57 pm »
I can look into the edit and quote but users cannot delete posts. Anything you only want staff to see should be PM'd to a staff member.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:23 pm »
but users cannot delete posts. Anything you only want staff to see should be PM'd to a staff member.

Seconding Weisseman on this. ;)

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 11:59:10 pm »
Do you guys mean that if I, for example, have a duplicate post i want to get rid of, all I have to do is send it to a saff memeber and you'll take care of it?
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:08:31 am »
Do you guys mean that if I, for example, have a duplicate post i want to get rid of, all I have to do is send it to a saff memeber and you'll take care of it?

Yes. If you accidentally post the same thing a second time, either by you yourself doing it, or maybe there was a forum technical glitch, then just let the staff know and we'll remove the second posting.

One reason why we don't allow members to delete their own posts is because that would ruin the "continuity" of a thread discussion. If a member had important information they gave, but then decided to delete/edit out that post, then that ruins the whole thread for other members if that information was pertinent in some way. Know what I mean?

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:13 am »
yep, thanks for clearing that up for me. BTW, there are a couple of my posts i`d like deleted. Kobuk, I believe that you qouted them in the ban game thread, and there is a duplicate post in Azure's beginnings. I'd give you a link, but i'm on a fip doesn't seem to recognize links or allow you to give them.
10K post club.