Author Topic: Biden, Democrats, GOP, and the Pandemic.  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Biden, Democrats, GOP, and the Pandemic.
« on: January 19, 2021, 01:17:56 pm »

We are about to have a new president, and for a first, a woman vice president. I think it's high time
we had a woman as vice president, and hopefully president one day as well. 

I am startinng this thread to cover how the Democrats and our new president
handle the pandemic, economy, and the division we have in our country. With only a tiny
majority the Biden Administration will likely have a troubled time. Hopefully  the
pandemic can be dealt  with before the end of the year, but only time will tell.

Feel free to post relevant news and comments,.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Biden, Democrats, GOP, and the Pandemic.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 12:06:24 pm »

In the U S infections are over 24.2  million, and  nearly 402,000 deaths from Covid19.
Today marks a new beginning for our country with the inauguration of a new
president. I wish him and his vice president, the first woman elected for the job
much success. They have a hard job ahead of them, a pandemic, and a poor economy  affecting nearly all Americans. We all need to support them, even those who did
not vote for them. Unlike our previous president, they will be for all Americans, not
just for those who voted for them.

Our new president plans to make 17 presidential declarations today, and many more
over the nest 10 days. Most are just to undo the harsh work of his predecessor, and
start a new administration out to really make the United States  a great  nation for
us all, and not just for a bunch of corrupt people working for their own benefit.

I expect there will be times I will have to say our new president should  have done
something different, but I hope these needed comments are few, No one is perfect,
but all we can ask is they try their best, and I expect our new leaders will try.

I plan to make comments once a week, but if something special happens I may feel
the need to do more. After 4 years of posting daily, I would like to cut down.

Till next time let's hope our new president has a fine start.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:11:39 pm »
I expect there will be times I will have to say our new president should  have done
something different, but I hope these needed comments are few, No one is perfect,
but all we can ask is they try their best, and I expect our new leaders will try.

Well that used to be the great thing about our system before things became too extreme, we could have differences of opinion and thought and have it not devolve into extreme baby screaming of "you're the most evil person evar!1!" just because of a disagreement on policy.

Will Biden be perfect for us? Of course not, America is too diverse a country to have one person represent everyone, but at least he's a functional adult who understands that the office of president is a privilege and is a tool to help the people, not himself. I think people also need to get over this idea of the president being a :leader" and get us back to what the office is really all about, representing the american people to the rest of the world.

And it's not over just because trump is out of office, he still has lackeys in high places, people who are too spineless to stand up to him even when he no longer has power.
There's a lot for Biden to do if he's going to bring the country together and I'm not sure if we can fully get back to good. Trump damaged our reputation to the rest of the world and made us even more of a laughingstock. But here's hoping.

To the next four years everyone, may they be just little less "interesting" than the last.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 10:55:51 am »
I want to let people  know, I unlocked  my original thread  to allow further posts about Trump and his impeachment.

Yes president Biden does have a lot to do, and it will take time to overcome the lies of the previous administration.

Unfortunately many in the GOP leadership will be slow to  help, if at all.
so the president will have to show those GOP voters he isn't just another
tax and spend Democrat. A name the GOP like to say about Democrats.
The trouble is the GOP want to cut taxes, saying they  want to make government
smaller, but then they cut aid for the poor with the excuse they are just lazy people
who want a handout.

It's okay to require people to work if they want help, but at the same time
we need to make sure there are jobs for these people, and away to get to
the jobs. Also they must have a place to live.

I don't care which party is running the program, cutting aid just because  people
make a dollar, just makes it worse. People need time to get on their feet. I think
some in government want to  keep people de pendant, just to get their votes. I
don't care which party is guilty of this, but this needs to stop.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:22:42 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 11:50:58 am »

In the U S infections are over 24.8 million and 414,000 deaths from covid19.

It's a relief to see a real president talking to the press again. A president who speaks
the real facts, instead of made up lies.  President Biden will make mistakes, after all he
is only human, but at least he isn't likely going to try to lie is way out of them.

I think  he has signed well over 20 executive orders already. Most of them
to undo the disgusting work of the Trump administration. He has hired over 1000
people into his administration, and told them he would not stand for any racial
discrimination. to put them on notice they would be fired immediately if found doing so.

President Biden is doing all he can to get people vaccinated for covid19. Already
some GOP governors are trying to stand in his way. Claiming they can do a better job,
even though they are part of the reason vaccinations are going so slow. I hope  the
president starts knocking heads to let them know he means business.

GOP senators are trying to claim the president isn't working for unity, because he
isn't listening to their claims his relief bill is too expensive. I am afraid if the president
wants to  get anything done, the  filibuster will have to be done away with. Because
they can use it to prevent just about anything the Democrats want, to benefit the
American public. The GOP leadership knows if they can block bills that would help
the people, they stand a good chance to retake the senate in 2022 election.
Then they can make it look like only the GOP should  control the government.

The GOP want to be in total control, and if allowed to win that control, they will take
over the country, and will end elections for the federal government  Creating an
autocracy with an autocrat in the White House.

For the most part the American public has a short memory. This is why Trump
had so many rally's,and was on social media all the time. Because he knew the
public would drift away from him if he didn't.

If president Biden can knock this virus down, which would allow the
economy to come back. I think many would forget about Trump. Of course if Trump
is allowed to show up on social media again, he will use his expertise to pull many
of them back once more. This is one reason he must be barred from running for
president again. I think once this was done he would lose interest in politics. 

I am sure many think I am a Democrat, but I am really an independent. I vote
for who I think is best for the country. I used to lean toward the GOP, but over
the years I have found the GOP too  be overly radical and  more for rich than
the needy.  People begging in the streets just makes it harder for a business to
survive. Increases crime, and illness for us all.

I really don't understand why it's so hard for rich people to see why money given to the
poor helps small businesses. Businesses that create jobs, and improves the overall
\economy. Which brings in more revenue for the government, and the rich.  When
people have to beg, or just exist, it's bad for the economy and society in general.

Sometimes I think the rich are just too interested in themselves to understand how to
build a strong economy that not only benefits them, but us all. Prior to the Reagan
administration of the 1980's we had an economy that built  a strong  middle class. Yes
taxes were high for those who had big incomes, but there were  many deductions that
cut the tax down quite a bit.  Then the GOP came up with the  idea for trickle down
economics. This was and still is a sham meant to benefit the  rich, and to make the
middle class poorer, because the big tax savings this made for  big business rarely
trickled  down to the people working for them as promised.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 12:15:24 pm »

In the U S infections have slowed, but still over 25.1 million, and nearly 420,000 deaths due to covid19.

Injections for covid19 are up around a million a day, This would be good, but
only if enough injections are available. The Biden administration has created a national
agenda , and is pushing to get more shots in arms. There should be more companies
with emergency approval in the next few weeks which will help quite a lot.

President Biden has signed 30 executive orders in the first 3 days.  And of course
the GOP is complaining, wanting to allow oil, mining, and the cutting of trees on federal
lands to continue. They don't want to see Trump's executive orders undone, no matter
the damage they are doing to the environment. The GOP as usual continues their
desire to protect their rich supporters.

Their big excuse is job protection, but in reality is big business protection. While it is
true protecting big business protects jobs, it's small businesses that generate most
of the nations jobs. Jobs the GOP have little interest in. Also the GOP has been
working to get rid of Unions for many years, because Union members tend to support
Democrats over the GOP.

Another thing with their protection of big business, they do little to protect the worker.
Because big business doesn't want the expense of giving workers proper protection
in the work place. It's all about bottom line profits, and the GOP is glad to help
big businesses make more money.

As I expected GOP members only want unity on their terms. I think it's interesting that
when the GOP controlled the senate, it was their way or no way and they still want it
that way. If president Biden and the Democrats wish to stay in control, they best get
tough with the GOP. Because if they don't the GOP is going to do what ever it takes to
regain control of the government. Because they want to make government as small as
possible, mostly so they can hold power with minimal expense for themselves and
their rich supporters. Everyone else will have to manage the best they can, because
the GOP leadership could care less how the  rest of us ,must live, no matter what they
claim.

People have to understand human nature loves power and money. It's unfortunate, but
the GOP membership has been filled with millionaires who plan to help themselves
and their billionaire supporters. They play on public greed and their base desires to
hold and gain power, and glad  to lie to mislead the public if needed or not.

I fear the public will fail to fire greedy GOP members until it's too late. Then we will end
up with a autocracy run by the billionaire class. This is much how Russia is run, and
you can see in the news how the public there is treated when they want change in
leadership. They are attacked and jailed by the police, and if needed by the military.
Because Putin and his billionaire friends fear the loss of control would mean
imprisonment or death for themselves.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 01:08:59 pm »

The GOP appears to be opposed to aid cities and states to help pay to vaccinate
their population against covid19. Also against helping schools pay for protection as
well. President Biden's relief bill includes aid to small businesses and several other
things that will improve the economy and public health. The GOP always has plenty
of money to help big business, and their rich supporters, but not for the public need.
It's time Democrats prove this to American voters.

I did hear the Democrat leader of the senate say he wasn't going to let the GOP get
by with stalling tactics like they did during the Obama administration. I hope this is
true, because Moscow Mitch has already tried to prevent control by the democrats in
the senate. Even though the Democrats have that right.  It was reported that Moscow
Mitch has backed down, but the Democrats best keep close watch, because the GOP
will do all they can to keep the Democrats from gaining power.

President Biden signed an executive order for the government to buy  from American
companies when possible. Trump signed a similar order, but it was more claim than
real change. So time will tell if president Biden's order does more or not.

The senate approved a black  American for the secretary of defense and was given
the oath by Vice president Harris today. This is the first time a black American has
held this office, President Biden ran saying he would make his cabinet more
diverse, to look much like the population, and appears to be doing so. Under Trump
almost everyone in his administration was lily white to please his racist supporters.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 01:02:06 pm »

Since president Biden was sworn into office he is working hard  to undo the 
bad things done by Trump. Also working to slow the Pandemic, and provide relief to
those affected by it. Unfortunately the GOP is doing little to help. The president wants
the GOP to work with him, but I fear the Democrats will have to ignore the GOP's
attempts to gum up the works. If they don't , little will get done, because the GOP hopes
to regain both the House and Senate in 2022 with their stalling tactics.

Over the last 10 days, the White House has held several press conferences. The
president is doing all he can to keep the public informed of work by the administration
and work against the pandemic.  These conferences are designed to give the facts,
unlike the previous administration which spread lies trying to show good work that in
reality did little, but make Trump look good.

Supporters of Trump and the GOP should be proud, 2020 had the worst economy
since WWII,  Down over 3.5%. The previous year was almost as bad.  The GOP complain
about spending by the Democrats, but it seems the deficit always increases  when
the GOP is in power. Even without a pandemic.

The minority leader of the House, instead of working for the good of the country has
left the capital for Florida, so he can kiss Trump's backside, apparently wanting him to
forgive the GOP for helping Biden and not him. The GOP should be ashamed of this,
but no. They seem to think their future is with Trump and not the American people.
Denying the fact this country is losing it's white majority will only cause the destruction
of the GOP. They should be working to accept more people into the party, and to kick
the radicals out. Those who look to the far right are living a fantasy that ignores  the
fact that the majority of Americans want equality for all.

The Biden administration is working for clean energy that will help slow global
warming. Yes this will cost more now, but have big savings in the future. Also this will
create millions of good paying jobs. Unfortunately the GOP is pandering to big business
and will try to support coal, gas, and oil as long as possible. Even if they must lie to the
American public to accomplish it.

Expect to see the energy industry working to stop the Democrats from passing laws
that will harm their profits. They want to keep people dependent on oil, gas, and coal.
no matter what it does to the environment or the planet our lives depend on.

President Biden is continuing to sign executive orders,  I do believe he is making
a lot of good changes. I hope the Democrats use their majority to put many of
these orders into law. Because when the GOP  regains the white house, most of 
Biden's orders will be undone. The Democrats must not worry about creating bad
feelings among the GOP. The  public is more likely to punish the Democrats for
failures, than laws they may not like. Because for years little has been done due to the
GOP who work to  stay in power with their lies. Voters want to see their lives improve,
and will vote for the party that does the work.

45 GOP senators voted to not have a trial for ex-president Trump. We must wonder
why they wanted to ignore the lies, and incitement Trump did on January 6.  Are they
afraid? If so they should resign, if they don't mind that the capital was invaded by
a mob, they should resign. Because in either case they have no business doing the
work of government for the United States of America, by breaking their oath to protect
the constitution. 

55 senators voted to have a trial, I am sure there won't be enough votes to convict, but
at least  there will be a public record to show who voted for themselves, and not
for the good of the country.

The senators, and house members who are failing to stand and protect this country
should be removed from office, and yes, even some should  face a court of law for
their collaboration with the rioters, and Trump.

Failing to hold these people accountable puts our country at great risk, because
these people care nothing for their oath to protect the law, the constitution or our
democratic form of government.

We may have to look to voters to remove these greedy cowards from office, but I fear\
many voters will believe their lies and those of Trump. The millionaires and billionaires
want complete control of the country, and will lie to mislead  the  public to do so. Once they
have control the misled will find they no longer  have any  rights, and only
the  wealthy will have a decent lifestyle. Much like the people who live in  Russia and  China. I am
sure most want to think these people are good, and only wish to get rid of
abortion, homosexuals , and put minorities in their place. Oh yes, and keep immigrants
from taking jobs from so called good white Americans.  Those  that believe this is what the
country needs, will soon find the country will be nothing  like what they want, and
turned upside   down with the possibility of armed groups invading  small

communities and cities being set  on fire.

Basically a nation wide version of what happened to our capital. Because these people
misled by greedy rich men, are being fooled into  creating, a future that will be good
for the wealthy, but  terrible  for themselves and their children.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 12:35:00 pm »

Over 25 million have been vaccinated for covid19so far, and over a million more each day.
In the U S infections are over 26.1 million  and over 441,000  deaths by covid19.

The Democrats need to tell the GOP publicly that Unity is for the good of the people,
not for either party, and give them a deadline. So the people can see who really cares
about them. Otherwise the GOP will continue to stall, and put the blame on the
Democrats.

The plan by the GOP to reduce the size of the relief bill will only extend the suffering
of Americans across the nation, and increase the cost later. It's time the GOP stands

up for the people of this country over their rich supporters, and Trump.  They should
take advantage of the offer of  unity from president Biden and the Democrats, and help
them bring the nation together by denying the lies of Trump and his supporters.  This
is something Moscow Mitch could do as the leader of the party, but does he have the
courage to stand up to the radicals or not? Only time will tell.

It appears Trump may not have a legal defense team ready, I hope the trial goes
ahead anyway. Because Trump probably can't get high profile attorneys to go along
with his lies. Already several have decided they can't defend him, and I bet that is
the reason.  It appears over the weekend Trump found a couple of lawyers to defend
him. Reports are Trump's plan is to claim the impeachment trial is unconstitutional,
figuring this would  make it easier for GOP members to vote in Trump's  favor.

The GOP is loosing thousands of moderate Republicans due to their support of radicals
in the party, radicals who supported the invasion of the capital on January 6.  Also
many are realizing the GOP is the party of big corporations and the super rich, and not
of hard working Americans.  If this trend continues, the GOP will lose control all across
the nation. Especially if Trump supporters start leaving as well. This puts the GOP
in a tightening box. If they continue to support Trump and his radical supporters, the
party will lose even more moderates. So I am sure they will have to decide which way
to go, to save the GOP.  A party once proud in their support of a strong nation, and
conservative values, not a fantasy of conspiracies and lies.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 01:05:00 pm »

I fear president Biden's desire to deal with the GOP will do nothing but hurt Americans
and the Democrats. The GOP knows exactly how to manipulate the Democrats for their
benefit. They have been doing it for the last 40 years, and president Biden should know
this.

The impeachment trial in the senate is going to do  nothing, but slow legislation in the
senate. Though the trial will likely only help Trump politically,  It seems it must be done.
Hopefully it will be short, but I have a hunch the GOP may want to drag it out as a
stalling tactic against the Democrats. The GOP feel they can regain the House or the
Senate in the 2022 election, an keep the Biden administration from winning in 2024.

The one group of people the GOP fears most, is people of color. Their manipulations
often don't work on them. So since they can't fool them, the GOP works to keep them
from voting, and during the last election they tried to claim their votes shouldn't even count.

In fact without the votes from people of color, Trump and the GOP would still have full
control of the government. So now GOP control ed state legislators are trying to make it
even more difficult for people of color to vote. I  hope even more people of color run
for office. It's the only way to keep the dirty work of the GOP from succeeding.  I am
not saying people of color should all be Democrats, because the GOP needs more
moderates, and I think people of color and most women would be good to moderate 
the GOP.

It would be a big mistake to only have one party alone controlling the government.
Because the left leaning policies by many Democrats could be harmful to the economy,
and the right leaning policies of the GOP would be just as bad if not worse due to their
racist tendencies.  A single  party tried to run the country in the 19th century and was
a dismal failure witch led to the civil war, and could do the same again.

The GOP continues to fight immigration. I think it's mostly because many people in
this country fail to understand this country was built on immigration, and some want
to blame immigrants for their own failure to succeed. So they will vote for those who are
willing to stop all immigration, especially immigrants of color, because many see 
immigrants of color as a drain on the economy. The GOP should work to educate
Americans, to understand why this country needs immigrants,  instead of just using
their ignorance  to win election.

If the GOP continues to slide farther toward far right supremacism, they will lose more
and more moderates. Perhaps not to the Democrats, but toward being independents
who aren't likely to support the GOP at all. I think this is why Moscow Mitch is pushing
against this radical movement Trump is still trying to push. even though he is no longer
the official  head of the party.  I am not sure even Moscow Mitch can over come Trump,
and his threats to primary GOP members that fail to do his bidding. If he can't, it may
mean the end  of the GOP as we know it.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 01:22:51 pm »

In the U S infections are over 26.6 million, and 456,000 deaths by covid19.

The relief bill is moving, but it will take another month to get it to the desk of president
Biden.  Because we can expect the GOP to use every block they can come up with.
Just like when president Obama was pushing to get the ACA passed. The GOP did
everything they could to  stop it. Adding  amendments every chance they got to make
the bill  less effective. So you can be sure they will do the same with the  relief bill.

Due to senate rules the minimum wage can't be part of the relief bill. So it will have to
have a 60 vote majority to get past a filibuster the GOP is bound to use in trying to
prevent it's passage. Even though a majority of voters in both parties are in favor of
it. GOP senators don't want to support it. Mostly  due to their big business supporters
not wanting it. The Democrats will try to pass a version that would increase the
minimum wage over time to 15 dollars an hour by 2025, in hope they can get enough
GOP support to kill a filibuster.

Democrats might try to remove the filibuster option, but there are 2 Democrats  that
still want to keep it. Since no one in the GOP is willing to remove it, it isn't likely going
away soon.  Personally I think it should be removed, and the 3 fifths requirement to
change taxes, and to approve judges put back. If they leave judge appointments at
a simple majority, they should put a limit on how long people can serve as a federal
judge, even on the supreme court.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 12:23:25 pm »

In the U S infections are over 27 million, and over 463,000 deaths from covid19.

Trump's impeachment trial  starts tomorrow, and we can be sure the media is going
to  cover much of it from  start to end. Then wen Trump's GOP boot licker's vote to
acquit him, he can claim how innocent he is, and how bad the Democrats are.

Over 35 million people have received at least one vaccination against covid19. The
African variant of covid19 still could be a problem of not being well controlled with
current vaccines. Studies are still doing all they can to see if vaccines need to be
 modified to deal with it or not.  I imagine worst case would only require a booster
for those already vaccinated. Meanwhile we should all keep wearing masks when
away from home, maintain spacing and wash hands.

President  Biden  is holding Trump's sanctions In place till they return to the treaty they
signed with president Obama. Also he wants their missile program greatly limited.
Iran so far is wanting all sanctions removed before any return to the nuclear treaty, and
have no desire to stop their missile program. So it seems the mess Trump caused is
going to be hard to undo, if at all.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 12:46:04 pm »

President Biden, and the Democrats hoped the impeachment trial would be short, and
they got their wish. So now the senate can finish approval of cabinet nominations, and
to pass the covid19 relief bill before money for unemployment assistance runs out by
the middle of march.

I fear the only way to have decent legislation is to kick all the millionaires out. Other
wise nothing will change, because mmost millionaires wouldn't be millionaires if they
weren't power and  money hungry. The GOP vote to not convict Trump is proof of their
desire to cling to power, and the money it brings them. I am sure they felt a vote to
convict would mean the loss of their office during their next run for re-election, and
they fear that loss more important to themselves than the country.

Moscow Mitch showed his true colors when he spoke before the senate after he voted
no to convict Trump. He very well knew he himself closed the senate to give his fellow
GOP senators an excuse to claim the impeachment trial was unconstitutional. Yet he
shamelessly claimed that was the reason he could not be convicted even though he
purposely planned it, most likely so if
and when  the GOP regained the senate he 
could keep  his leadership position, and the power it gives him.

I do hope the Democrats open an investigation to see if any member of congress,
senate, staff, ore a member of the capital police had any part in the January 6
insurrection. I know most want to put this terrible act behind us, but if we don't
investigate for insider actions, it may happen again.

The Democrats should go ahead and vote using the 14th amendment to prevent Trump
from running for  political office again. If Trump wishes he can go to court and oppose it.
Also he can always ask for a vote to allow him to run for office again.  Though it isn't
likely he could get two thirds of both the house and senate to do it.

The Democrats should vote to place term limits on Representatives, Senators,  federal judges,
and supreme court justices, but unfortunately GOP members wouldn't vote for it. Because
term limits could cost
them control of the senate, House, and judges in
federal courts they would not want to lose. It's sad the founders failed to put term limits
on elected members and judges, but I imagine at the time they didn't feel it was  necessary,
as most people died by their fifties, which limited most members to 20 years or less of
service anyway. Now of course many people live well into their 70's, which
adds another possible 20 years in office for a career minded official.

I don't think anyone should be in elected office past their 70s, because they lose track
of society and it's wishes in later life.  Term limits would limit the number of elder
statesmen in office. While many people continue to do well in their 80s, Many do not.
Perhaps all elder elected officials should be checked for mental defects to be eligible to
 hold office. Especially those who work with national security. Also term limits would put
an end to career minded politicians, which would help prevent the corruption of politicians
not wanting to leave office.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 01:05:51 pm »

The Biden administration is providing monies to help businesses who have fewer than
20 employees first, instead of big corporations as under the Trump administration.
This rescue plan needs to be passed by congress quickly, but the GOP claims it's too
much money. Well as the president said to GOP members. What are you wanting to
cut? They apparently don't want to say, so Democrats may have to do it themselves.

I hope Democrats pass a civil rights bill to undo much of the GOP's trips to the
supreme court, who they have used to undo not only civil rights, but voting rights that
affect minorities. The GOP has a habit of using the courts to change laws they can't
change with legislation. 

The senate is having hearings on the appointment for president Biden's nomination
for the Attorney General of the U S. Even though some GOP senators may oppose
him, it's likely he will be appointed with bipartisan support.

Trump has lost any legal protection from New York state to keep his tax records
secret for the last 8 years. Not to be made public, but for investigation of criminal
acts. If this leads to court action, then they may end up being public. Trump had looked
to the Supreme Court to protect him, but lost.

The Democrats should vote to place term limits on Representatives, Senators,  federal
judges, and supreme court justices, but unfortunately GOP members wouldn't vote for it.
Because term limits could cost them control of the senate, House, and judges in
federal courts they would not want to lose. It's sad the founders failed to put term limits
on elected members and judges, but I imagine at the time they didn't feel it was  necessary,
as most people died in their fifties, which limited most members to 20 years or less of
service anyway. Now of course many people live well into their 70's, which
adds another possible 20 years in office for a career minded official.

I don't think anyone should be in elected office past their 70s, because they lose track
of society and it's wishes in later life.  Term limits would limit the number of elder
statesmen in office. While many people continue to do well in their 80s, Many do not.
Term limits would put an end to career minded politicians, which would help prevent the
corruption of politicians not wanting to leave office.

I am sure there are many good reasons to not have term limits, and I imagine some
presidents would have  liked to been in office more than 2 terms, but The good old 
GOP decided after FDR's 4 terms, they wanted to limit presidents to 2 terms. I have a
hunch if FDR had been a republican, putting term limits on a president would have
never entered their minds, and would have been against it if the Democrats had suggested it.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 01:10:12 pm »

The covid19  death toll exceeded  500,000  and is now 510,000. Vaccines however
are growing at over 50 million and increasing.

President Biden's relief bill passed out of the House and goes to the senate. Hopefully
it will  pick up a few GOP  votes, but the GOP is still claiming the bill has liberal content
they can't vote for. So to pass may require the vice president to break a tie vote.

LGTBQ protection was added to the new civil rights bill in the House. Unfortunately it 
required a partisan vote to pass. GOP radicals claimed it was anti religious, anti
woman, and many other untruths to oppose it. I am sure in the Senate the GOP will use
the filibuster rule to stop it's passage. They know Trump's cult of hate would not support
it. Even though most Americans do.  Just another reason to remove the filibuster rule.

The GOP used Democrats call for police reform to gain votes by claiming they were
really wanting to end police protection for honest Americans. Implying it was to let
minorities to freely do what ever they want. This of course was nothing but lies by
Trump and the GOP. What the Democrats want to do is require the police to treat
people equally, and with respect. As is some police act like storm troopers, and need
to be fired, and black listed from ever returning to law enforcement. 

Also when people  call 911 for help, many times heavy  police response isn't
appropriate. Many times
a bad situation can be delt with without any violence, but seems when some police see
a man of color they want to shoot first and ask questions later.

The Democrats need to get rid of the filibuster rule in the senate. Because if they don't
the GOP will use it to stop any legislation they don't like. Once done they should 
expand the supreme court to remove the conservative majority. If they don't the court
will stop  most progressive legislation to favor the GOP, far right, and other hate groups.
If the Democrats fail to use their majority to pass bills the public wants, voters will
put the GOP back in power, and they will keep Biden, and Democrats from getting
anything done for the average American.

Yes, I am classing the current GOP as a hate group. Because by following Trump,
a man who supports far right hate, leads the party. The GOP of years ago would never
have supported a man like Trump, much less white extremist. Unless the current GOP
turns away from Trump and radical white nationalist, the party will destroy it's self.
Because the party will lose support from most moderates,and Independents, and
without their support the GOP is done.  Much like the Wig party in the mid 19th
century.

I fear the public will be slow to turn away from the GOP, who will use every means
to hold on to power. Using lies and any conspiracy they can come up with to mislead their
supporters, and Trump will have dozens of rally's trying to build his cults support to
gain votes for the GOP.

In the days before the civil war, southern politicians were mad about northern politicians
wanting to get rid of slavery, and likely stood before crowds at home stirring up hate
for those in the north. I fear what we have today is history repeating it's self, and could
lead to a lot of violence by  hate groups. Especially if the GOP continues to support
Trump and his hate for Democrats and people  of color. It's time the GOP returned
to being a center right legislative body, instead of just trying to please Trump and
his cult of hate.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 01:37:55 pm »
Yes, I am classing the current GOP as a hate group. Because by following Trump,
a man who supports far right hate, leads the party. The GOP of years ago would never
have supported a man like Trump, much less white extremist. Unless the current GOP
turns away from Trump and radical white nationalist, the party will destroy it's self.
Because the party will lose support from most moderates,and Independents, and
without their support the GOP is done.  Much like the Wig party in the mid 19th
century.

Lindsey Graham wrote "If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed ... and we will deserve it."

Boy howdy has that chicken come home to roost. I fully agree with you, the modern GOP has become cartoonishly evil, backing groups and people and trends that just a few years ago they would have said were evil, anti-american, anti-democracy and any other kind of anti you can think of. The thing about fascism is that on its face it isn't about hate it's all about ultra nationalism. This land is our land and we have the right to live here as we please but we can't because there's people in other countries dragging us down.

This is, of course, a propagandist lie but for many people who buy into the narrative it's a comfortable lie. It's not my fault my life didn't turn out the way I wanted, it's not the government or big business's fault that things are so awful, it's those other people. It's the them's they's and other's fault. Texas didn't have a power crisis because of the deregulation of their energy grid to help big businesses make more money by keeping the government out of it, it's the liberals fault. They put up windmills and solar farms and those just don't work. Not like good ol coal, oil and natural gas.

It's not your fault that your child is doing poorly in school, it's not the fault of america's inept public education system, it's the gays. Those darn meddling LGBTQ people are saying their lifestyles are okay and now your child is all confused and can't focus because his brain is imploding trying to figure out why two men would want to get married. And if he says he might want to marry a boy one day well that's not your fault, the LGBTQ AGENDA is the problem.

It's not your fault your farm is going under. It's the fault of immigrants that there are droughts and it's immigrants fault that other farms are turning a profit and you're not. Take back your land and fight immigration, american farms for american farm hands, america for americans (but not the indigenous ones).

It's ultra nationalism at its finest. Prey on the fears and worries of the weak minded, tell them they are very smart and weaponise their fear and ignorance of the other to usurp political power and keep your monied friends rich. What's sad is that it works.

In the days before the civil war, southern politicians were mad about northern politicians
wanting to get rid of slavery, and likely stood before crowds at home stirring up hate
for those in the north. I fear what we have today is history repeating it's self, and could
lead to a lot of violence by  hate groups.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Those who fail to learn their history are doomed to repeat it, those who fail to learn their history correctly are simply doomed."
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 04:54:39 pm »
Thanks Old Rabbit for continuing to post. Always good to read from ya and see you hear.

The republican party was looking for a clown to put in office for years. First there was Romney. Who basically told America "you don't need to know" when asked what he supported. The guy who made his millions by selling US companies to oversea buyers. Then there was Palin. With the IQ of a wombat. McCain was the last candidate who could have actually been a real republican. But he lost. Mostly because of Palin. And now the latest clown, The one they created, supported and even defended. This clown is taring the republican party apart. They created their very own Frankenstein. They have to live with it.

Personally I think President Biden is choosing diversity over experience and qualifications. The idea is nice. But a bit unprofessional.

I personally believe that if President Biden's nominations all had criminal records the republican party would have voted them all in in under a week.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 12:58:57 pm »

There have been nearly 29 million infections from covid19 in the U S, and 522,000 deaths by covid19.

President Biden would like to remove the Postmaster, but he doesn't have the authority
to do so. It's up to a board of governors to decide. The president can apoint 3 new
governors for the board which could make it possible to change to a new postmaster.
Personally I think they should cut his pay back to the federal minimum wage of about
$8 an hour. I have a hunch the postmaster would resign if that happened.

President Biden's covid19 relief bill should be passed back to the house today to vote
to accept senate changes or not. It will likely pass in though some Democrats are
unhappy with some of the changes. It seems the Democratic Senator from West
Virginia didn't want to provide $400 assistance to the unemployed. So it was reduced
to $300 a week to get his vote. I can't blame the Democrat leadership from not pushing
him too hard, because he could have switched parties which would have returned
control of the senate to the GOP.

I do hope when it is time for his re-election the party punishes him for not supporting
the party he claims for his own. He has a right to disagree with the party, but he
should support the party unless there is a very good reason not to.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 11:56:49 am »

President Biden signed executive orders requiring states to allow all citizens to vote.
and to have those  votes counted. Across the nation several GOP controlled states are
trying to limit voting with the claim of only working to limit voting fraud. Even though
there is little evidence of such fraud nation wide. Also most of these limits are obviously
aimed at people of color. Likely because they generally don't vote for the GOP, and we
know the GOP has a history of making it harder for people of color to vote.

Another order was signed to restore working rights of women in the work place. Some
were due to the Trump administrations wishes to limit them. We should remember
Trump had little respect for women or people of color.

31 million people have been fully vaccinated in the U S, well on the way to the
presidents goal of  100 million in his first 100 days in office. Currently vaccinations are
at nearly 2 million per day. Also the president is pushing for equity for minorities and
all people who live in the united states. He is also providing funds to help provide
vaccinations for third world countries, because if the virus isn't controlled world wide
people here will continue to be at risk.

No matter what GOP leadership claims, people need to  continue wearing masks
in public, maintain separation, and wash hands. Because this virus is not under control
no matter what GOP state leaders claim.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 12:28:23 pm »

Deaths from covid19 is over 533,000.

President Biden  signed the covid19 relief bill into law yesterday.  Economists claim
it should go a long way in helping the economy come back. Of course that depends on
gaining control of covid19, so people can return to schools and jobs. Also to return to
 public events,and many other things that support small businesses that provide jobs
for most people.

This bill extends protection against eviction for another 3 months, and unemployment
pay till September. During a speech to the nation president Biden said everyone 18 or
older should be eligible for vaccinations by May 1, and hopefully get vaccinated by the
end of May.   Also he added that it's up to Americans to help defeat this virus. They
must continue to wear masks in public, continue to not gather close together and wash
hands. People must do their best to get vaccinated to help prevent more variants of the
virus, by preventing infections. Hopefully by July 4th people can gather in small groups
to celebrate the holiday. People need to understand we will need to continue to wear
masks for months yet. Hopefully by the end of the year we can return to some kind of
normal.

The GOP complained that president Biden didn't give Trump any credit for his part in
working against covid19. They should be glad he didn't, as Trump likely caused more
deaths due to his claim the virus wasn't anything to worry about.  People should
remember Trump claimed the virus would be over and done with by the first of April
of 2020, I think it was his inaction against covid19 that cost him re-election.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 12:41:34 pm »

President Biden and vice president Harris are traveling about the country to explain to
people what the relief bill gives them. The GOP is complaining that Democrats used the
relief bill to fund many things other than covid19. Also they are complaining the Democrats
rushed this bill through without bipartason support. Of course it was just
fine for the GOP to ram their tax cut through for the rich without the support of
Democrats in 2017.

When asked, a GOP member of congress complained that the president was letting to
many kids to cross the boarder. According to him they should be returned to Mexico to
wait for a hearing to see if they are eligible  to stay, because when this was done under
Trump, most went back home. Of course he didn't mention how they had to live while
waiting. So it's no wonder many decided to go back.

The media is pointing out that the Biden administration isn't doing all that great, but
people must remember the Trump administration spent 4 years putting many of these
people through terrible conditions, so it's no wonder how desperate they are, and it's
going to take time to work it out. In the meantime the GOP plan to use this against the
president in stead of trying to  help.

It is a shame how many people forget their own ancestry were originally immigrants.
Then many white Americans see the colored races as being a drain on society. This is
due to their ignorance. Because skin color has nothing to do with intelligence, or how
hard they are willing to work. The reason most people of color live in poverty is due to
being stuck in jobs that don't pay well. Also it's difficult for people of color to get loans to
start their own businesses, or get into colleges.

I can hear Moscow Mitch now if the Democrats kill the filibuster rule. "We will make you
pay if you do." Democrats need not listen to GOP threats, because the GOP will be
happy to kill this rule if it's to their advantage. President Biden is pushing to make the
filibuster a pain to use, but that isn't enough to stop the GOP from blocking laws they
feel will keep them out of power. Besides the rule could be restored once both parties
move back to the center. As is with the GOP's move to the far right they will oppose any
laws of moderation, and refuse to change their hateful ways.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 01:16:28 pm »

It appears China and Russia both are testing the Biden Administration to see if the U  S
will continue the weakness the Trump administration showed during his time in office.
I think they will find Biden will stand firm and not back down as Trump did.  President
Biden is not a push over, and fully understands diplomacy, unlike Trump who tried to
deal like a business man instead of a leader of a nation.

The GOP is now claiming the 100 million vaccine goal set by president Biden was
purposely  set low to make it easy to reach. We should ask why is the GOP trying to
make the president look bad due to getting so many people vaccinated? They should
be celebrating his success instead. They should be a shamed for politicizing this virus,
and should be trying to help work to rid the world of this scurge, not helping it spread by
supporting the early opening of businesses, and elimination of the use of masks.

Democrats in the House are passing bills to help people who come to this country
become citizens. The GOP how ever have no interest in helping people of color come
to this country, much less become citizens. Just like Trump, they only encourage white
Europeans to come to the U S. Because they think it will gain support from the Trump
cult. Then claim they are not being racist, as many of their voting base is.

During Trump's time as president, he did his best to disregard the feelings of people
around him. What most called political correctness, Trump found many of his
supporters were happy to disregard the feelings of others as well. So he was glad to
support this, and now the GOP is starting to copy this lack of respect for others. I am
sure GOP politicians will soon say or  call anyone  or group what ever they wish. The
bad result of this, is it will encourage a similar lack of respect in the population. There
is enough hate without encouraging more with disrespectful speech.
Especially by politicians.

It's time the GOP return to the support of the nation, and it's growth. This Trumpism will
only lay waste to the country with it's hate, and division.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 12:49:53 pm »

President Biden is pushing for infrastructure repairs. Not just roads and bridges , but to
 improve high speed internet coverage in rural areas too. Also to get rid of lead pipes in
old water systems. It's unfortunate, but many of our older cities need a lot of updates for
the public good.  Of course this will cost a lot of money, but in the long run it will save
billions, and create millions of good paying jobs.

The president is pushing for a two stage approach, the first will cost around two trillion
dollars, so it's likely the GOP will try to reduce the presidents plan to save money. 
President  Biden wants to reduce the size of the Tax cut made by Trump and the GOP
passed in 2017 to help pay for it. I am sure the GOP will oppose raising  taxes on big
business and the rich, but this increase will only add about half as much as the tax cut 
reduced taxes for them.

The GOP claimed their big tax cut would add at least 4% to the economy, but in reality
it hardly gained 2%. So it has cost more than it gained for the government. In spite of  of
the claims by Trump and the GOP. Seems the GOP is always ready to cut taxes, then
when deficits rise they want to  cut social programs to pay for their big tax cuts for the
rich. So the Democrats have to  raise taxes to undo the GOP's irresponsible  tax cuts.   
Then the GOP turns around claiming they will cut taxes to get elected. So it goes, back
and forth. Sadly the GOP, with their policies built on greed keep  government in a
turmoil. It's a shame we can't get the two major parties to work for the public good, and
that of the nation at the same time.

It is true the free market system makes it possible for anyone to get rich, but it has to be
regulated to prevent greed from taking advantage of the disadvantaged. Because
human nature is always ready to be led by that old devil greed, if given the chance.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2021, 10:00:30 pm »
Okay this only slightly related but I just saw this and I wanted to share

https://twitter.com/ne0liberal/status/1395798259914919939?s=20

A chinese anti-biden tweet that honestly makes biden look like one of the baddest dudes ever
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 02:55:58 pm by Kobuk »