Author Topic: Argument. What is furry.  (Read 3802 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Argument. What is furry.
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:55:36 pm »
The latest argument I've seen on what is and what isn't a furry.  In point, not animal equals not furry. This would include protogen and other non %100 animal fursonas.  Making a case that sub groups like these will ruin the fandom. Arguing if we were to accept these than anything could be made a furry. This person has followers within the fandom that agree.

What's your opinion? I'll use one of my fursonas as an example. Is this furry?

I've created a fursona based on a mix of science and animism. A frankenstein mix of animal, wood, stone and technology. It's purpose is to have a spiritual connection to the world it's helping to rebuild. it has social and emotional characteristics with the ability to communicate and react. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Argument. What is furry.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 10:30:03 am »
Without giving it super deep thought, I would say your example is a furry.  It is part animal.
But typically I would say I would prefer 50.01% of fursona be an animal.  Or the animal part of them regardless of percentage, is the most important part. 
That is just me.

I am here for fun, laughs, talking, and seeing the creative aspects like art and writing and costumes etc.
So I am not really overly serious.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)