Author Topic: Wearing a tail in public  (Read 155329 times)

Offline NYX

• Female
Re: Wearing a tail in public
« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2014, 05:18:34 am »
I wore my tail to school. I ended up almost squeaking in delight after I got home, because everyone was smiling and laughing with me and just acted more open.
~Nyxie~

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #526 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:09 am »
I've been thinkin
and I will do it on Thursday at the fire meet
other furs have shown up and as of last week they all know I have a tail in my possession
it went like this with a girl wearing a panther tail "hey is that a cat tail" I said "yah you wanna try it on?" she said
then I said "no thanks I have my own", then she said "really were is it?" by that time all the people at the meet were looking at me, then I turned my eyes towards my backpack "yah its in there" I said "really!" she said "why don't you wear it?"
then in a quiet reply I said "they are watching me (refuring to all the other kids from school that were watching the show)"
        then she reacted as id it didn't matter "what at school they care but now, no one cares"

but I've been thinking about it for a while
would like some feedback before I do it :goldglee:
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #527 on: September 16, 2014, 01:04:39 am »
I find it a ton easier to do with other furries around.  Then it feels like there's a point to it.  Otherwise I just feel like i'm drawing attention to myself for no reason at all.

I once wore tails with furry friends while we were playing pool,  and some folks approached us who wanted to know all about the tails.  Green reaper started asking them why they didn't have any which was amusing... But together we were all able to give a pretty good explanation.  Was a lot of fun.

• Male
« Reply #528 on: September 17, 2014, 01:42:27 am »
hmm good point

st least if i see more then one of them with tails i'll do it

... but i wont use my newest big fluffy tail from sacanime
but just a clip on
...if all goes well i'll do it the day before halloween ;-)

any other words of wisdom? :goldglee:
I will see you all soon

http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

• Male
« Reply #529 on: September 19, 2014, 10:32:58 pm »
well i did it

but i was sitting down most of the time

but hat one girl with a panther tail and ears said "nice tail as i walked out of sight" :D

then i ran home with my tail

wont be the last time i do that ;)
I will see you all soon

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #530 on: October 05, 2014, 12:54:11 pm »
I've been wearing mine around for the past two weeks.  For the most part, it's been uneventful (which is fine with me), excepting one person who reacted rather loudly: "what the heck?!?! Please tell me you're not a furry!!" (I told him, "Yes, I am")
I expect gossip to do it's job in the coming days... That's fine though, because I don't even know him that well, nor care what anyone thinks. :P

I have learned that wearing a tail tells me a lot about the people around me; I appreciate the people who simply ask "Hey, what's that? Why are you wearing it?" over the people who just stop in their tracks and gawk, but quickly look away and pretend they weren't staring when I look at them.  It's just really unnerving to realize people I don't know are watching me (though I suppose that's just the price you have to pay wearing a giant fluffy tail around).  People who ask tend to be friendlier about it, and go about there business without making a big deal of it after I explain.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline artemisfox

• Species: Red Fox
  • the fox who got the grapes
  • Female
« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:22 am »
I wore my tail to school, only because it was for the Homecoming Theme. 

I'm the fox who got the grapes.

• Male
« Reply #532 on: October 13, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »

really what was the theme?  (:
I will see you all soon

Offline artemisfox

• Species: Red Fox
  • the fox who got the grapes
  • Female
« Reply #533 on: October 13, 2014, 10:27:00 pm »

really what was the theme?  (:

Farm animals. XD

I'm the fox who got the grapes.

Offline Kahlayna

• Species: Possibly a wolf-dog/cat hybid
« Reply #534 on: October 28, 2014, 04:03:07 am »
My mother won't let me wear any of my tails in public. (Though she did once let me wear an ear-hat out.) Inside the house, however, is fine. I haven't openly told her that I'm a Furry, but she knows I wear ears and tails (they're pretty hard to not see :D) , and she has told me, "You're not making one of those suits", so she clearly knows something. Any ideas for convincing her to let me wear tails/ears outside?

Offline greenfox

• struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #535 on: October 31, 2014, 12:50:31 am »
If she hasn't explicitly said "no", then I'd go ahead and do it, making it seem like "not a big deal".  Hopefully, if she even to notices at that point, she would realize that she doesn't really need to be concerned because it's not having any serious effects.  I think in many cases, the act of bringing it up to ask permission makes it seem like a bigger deal than it is (and therefore more concerning to your parents).

Otherwise, at least you have halloween as an excuse (which you could *probably* stretch to cover the weekend as well :P)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:54:02 am by greenfox »
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Kahlayna

• Species: Possibly a wolf-dog/cat hybid
« Reply #536 on: November 02, 2014, 11:26:26 pm »
She has said "no", despite my acting like it's perfectly normal to wear a great big fluffy thing  (well maybe not hugely fluffy) on ones behind, and like it's normal to wear cat/dog/wolf ears atop ones head while trying to leave the house. I make them myself, and no animals are harmed in the making of them, so the only problem my Mum could reasonably have with them in my opinion is social norms, and we've recently moved from a pretty rough area into a little village where everyone seems to be friendly, so I don't see why I'm not allowed now. Meh; less than two years before I can make my own decisions. Then... Chaos shall reign! No... um... Then I will be able to wear them freely.
Though on Hallowe'en I was at a friends house, and we went round in the daytime, she wearing my fake ears, I wearing my yarn tail. It was extremely amusing to see all the people pretending not to notice.  :D (:

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #537 on: January 21, 2015, 04:46:59 pm »
My mom doesn't seem to have a problem with me wearing a tail out in public. However, she draws the line at formal public outings (i.e. dinner/lunch with extended family in resturaunts). I can underatand her reasoning there and am happy to go tailless. Though I do take my purse, which has the twp tail keychains I owe. She hasn't said anything about the keychains, so I guess they're fine.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #538 on: January 22, 2015, 04:00:31 am »
I've yet to wear any of my tails in public despite moving out almost 4 months ago ... then again I don't really go out much because I'm pretty introverted ... If I was in a group I'd wear it though, I really need to meet with the other fur I found in my town.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline JaieyEcco

• Species: Bat/Wolf
  • Usually unusual
  • Male
« Reply #539 on: November 18, 2015, 05:53:35 pm »
I go to a creative arts school, so a lot of people wear tails. X3
I got mine made by a friend, blue and black striped ( http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2itpvnt&s=9#.Vkz_ZMBb2hA ). He put a squeaker in it, and I've worn it everyday since I got it last week. I love the way it bounces when I walk, and I squeak it to punctuate jokes, or to say hi to my friends in the hallway. I never really thought of it being a weird thing, because I've only gotten compliments, but I suppose a lot of people aren't as accepted in school or work. Wearing a tail is really fun, and if you're on the fence about it, I say go for it!

Offline The Fox Man

• Back and better than ever :3
  • Male
« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:01 am »
I don't have a tail or anything...yet...but it would be awesome for people to wear tails ears etc out more often soit would be easier to find fellow furries.  :D

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
« Reply #541 on: December 30, 2015, 05:27:16 pm »
I've worn a tail in public before... I didn't have a sona figured out yet, so I just borrowed my friend's reptilian tail. She had a fox or wolf tail, and we walked around the neighborhood and went to out to eat. I know there were a couple of people who were watching us like, "...what?", but meh.. whatever. XP
*hops away*

Offline Annie1456

• Species: An anthro husky named Pastel
  • Yellow Yellow!
  • Female
« Reply #542 on: December 30, 2015, 07:17:50 pm »
I have a small tail and a big tail, I wear the small one in public, but save the big one for fursuit or around my house. :)
-Annie or Pastel
-She/her
-Been here since 2015 but trying to be active again.

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #543 on: December 30, 2015, 11:46:24 pm »
I haven't got a tail or ears or anything like that, but I'm making a dragon fur suit for Halloween, and I'm definitely wearing the wings and tail and stuff to school. Just need to make everything in time.

Offline Weirdwolf

• Species: Eudyptula minor (fairy [little] penguin)
  • Call me Cookie! X3
  • Male
« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2016, 01:52:36 pm »
I'm actually thinking of making a little penguin tail to wear to places. My mother thinks it's "silly" of an idea and so far I haven't coaxed her into helping me in any way to make it yet. :(
Dare to be all that you can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #545 on: February 09, 2016, 06:34:10 pm »
I spoke to my fiancée about wearing a tail in public, purely hypothetically. She replied with 'I am sick of you never following through on these things when you ask my opinion, I don't care what you do as long as it makes you happy!' My tail is in the post as I type!

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #546 on: February 15, 2016, 04:55:42 am »
Here is my tail, wore it to a meet on Saturday and to the meal after with friends. All I got was people asking if it was real...
http://s9.postimg.org/aoemldfkv/WP_20160211_21_59_50_Pro.jpg

I would just add the 'baby' in the picture is actually a doll my mum made for my other half.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:59:57 am by twitchmeerkat »

Offline Alden the Fox

• Species: White Fox
  • Feldwebel
  • Male
« Reply #547 on: February 18, 2016, 03:29:13 am »
I wore mine to school a few weeks ago. I got 90% negative responses, because everyone at the 'tolerant' charter school I go to is kind of a..... But  I think I'll wear it more often, and maybe a collar too. It's nice and warm to sit on when it's cold outside anyways. :P
A gay fox who also reenacts WWII Germany. :P

Offline Ammykat

« Reply #548 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:35 pm »
Oh myy I have a black cat tail! however, i've never worn it once (*u.u*) i'm so so shy ! I can't begin to think of wearing it out.. all the people looking at me (;^;)

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #549 on: March 30, 2016, 05:25:31 am »