Author Topic: Best place for furry gear  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Nabru Wolfpup

• Male
Best place for furry gear
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »
My birthday is coming up and since my mom does not care about me being furry i want to pimp the pup  :D What are the best places to get furry gear?

Offline furtopia02

Re: Best place for furry gear
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:19 pm »
Make it! :)

Offline blkgli

• el puertorriqueño peluda
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »
You could
A.) Make it yourself. Buying the type of fur you want isn't much of a hassle and there are plenty of guides around the internet on how to make tails, ears, etc.

B.) Commission someone else to make it for you. While it may be a little difficult to find someone to make the gear for you, you can find high quality pieces for fairly cheap. I got my first tail commissioned for only $20 with really good quality.

C.) If you have a local costume shop of some sorts, you might be able to have some luck finding some furry gear there. However, depending on where you're located, the chance of finding some there may vary, so visiting many different costume shops might be necessary.

Hope this helps and good luck to you  :)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 02:23:07 pm »
I dont know about ears and tails (still looking myself), but hottopic is a really good place for collars ive heard.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »
There's usually a stand with plush tails and whatnot at the local Saturday Market here, and I often see similar stands at other art/crafts festivals.  So, if there's an arts/crafts festival nearby, you might want to check that out.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Brunn

• Baa-Grr!
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 02:54:30 pm »
I second the post about Hot Topic. Last time we were in there, they had lots of hats with ears on them, some with attached gloves that looked like paws. They even had a hat that looked like the top of a buffalo's head, very cute. Of course, if all the local furs went there, they'd all look the same!  :D
Please feel free to check out my Blog and my DeviantART!

Offline kuroneko jusan

• As my name suggests, I'm a bit of a Jynx...
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »
I second the post about Hot Topic. Last time we were in there, they had lots of hats with ears on them, some with attached gloves that looked like paws. They even had a hat that looked like the top of a buffalo's head, very cute. Of course, if all the local furs went there, they'd all look the same!  :D

I third, Last time I was there, I saw the most awesome backpack, it was meant to look like a skunk with an attached hood with ears, and a tail!  I think the cashier thought I was nuts, I kept going back into the store just to look at it... I'm not even a skunk, but it was so cute!

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 06:15:10 pm »
I saw that exact same backpack. Very cool. Anyways, an update on hottopic, they have tails. They are little clip ons.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 06:35:32 pm »
I went to the Hot Topic we have near me. Almost everything there was MLP stuff, most referring to the "20% Cooler" quote. I did see two types of clip on tails. They were about the size of the average cat's tail. They only had greyish and tanish though. I didn't get one because I was with my dad. But, Hot Topic seems to be the best physical store I know that sells furry stuffs. It's the only one I know of anyways.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR