Author Topic: Why do you wear your collar, tail, ears, ect.?  (Read 23895 times)

Offline Tuna

• tunatunatunatunatunatunatunatuna
  • Male
Re: Why do you wear your collar, tail, ears, ect.?
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2010, 02:40:50 pm »
*Agrees*

I've found that there seems to be a declining scale concerning the distractiveness(?) of furry accessories...something like:
Full fursuit > paws > ears > tail > collar > shirt > jewelry

The one item that is tough to pin down is the winter earhat - some people seem to completely ignore it, while others seem to find it incredibly distracting. Also, if the collar has a bell, it gets moved up to "ears" level on the scale.
;D
If I no longer think
of reality
as reality,
what reason would I have
to think of dreams as dreams?

- Saigyo

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:54 pm »
*Agrees*

I've found that there seems to be a declining scale concerning the distractiveness(?) of furry accessories...something like:
Full fursuit > paws > ears > tail > collar > shirt > jewelry

The one item that is tough to pin down is the winter earhat - some people seem to completely ignore it, while others seem to find it incredibly distracting. Also, if the collar has a bell, it gets moved up to "ears" level on the scale.
;D

So what rank am I, if I'm wearing a winter ear-hat, a tail, and a collar?

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:57 pm »

On the scale you posted a while ago, that qualifies as "dangerously furry." :D

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 03:21:39 pm »

On the scale you posted a while ago, that qualifies as "dangerously furry." :D

-purrs contently-

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 05:38:44 pm »
I wear my tail just for the fun and style of it. I love to costume and things like that. I wear a collar because i'm submissive by nature but don't yet have an owner. It's hard to find a dominate woman who isn't into giving pain, and enjoys being with a guy who also likes to dress as a female. Yes, i'm a cross dresser. :) part of my love of cosplay and dressing up. :) 
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Fen-Fen

• lol u mad?
  • Female
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2010, 06:33:47 pm »
I occasionally wear a collar I got from Furtopian user Peaches during FWA 2010. I wear as a sign of submission to my partner moreso than a sign of furry. There's pawprints on it, though! XD
And I’ll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom,
I’m as green as the ring on my little cold finger,
I’ve never known the lovin' of a man,
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.

Offline Boredum

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2010, 04:53:35 pm »
(*dons the hat of a devil's advocate*)

I wear it at school, and people are always either giggling and saying something nice or just completely laughing behind my back.
Now I wear it for a statement. There is nothing in the rules that says I can't wear a tail. It doesn't endanger anyone, and it doesn't interfere with the education, neither. I'm fighting this!  :D

If this "giggling" and "laughing" you refer to occurs in classrooms, then your dean might have a point.  A tail has an atypically high potential to be an attention magnet, and an attention magnet in a classroom detracts from the attention of other students who would otherwise be paying attention to the lecture material.

Actually, the laughing and giggling happens in the halls. The three classes I have don't have an issue with it. If anything, my Art teacher loves the tail, and the classmates support it. There's actually another girl that has a tail in my class as well. The other classes.. When I walked in, it brought questions up but it soon died down after a couple days. They're very accepting of it ^^

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2010, 06:21:55 pm »
Heh, I had not worn the tail for a long time in public, but now I have a new reason to do so: the girlfriend makes me do it :-[  She looooooves that I wear my tail (the fact that she's a recently converted furry doesn't hurt either  (: ).

Offline Tuna

• tunatunatunatunatunatunatunatuna
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2010, 08:43:24 pm »
Heh, I had not worn the tail for a long time in public, but now I have a new reason to do so: the girlfriend makes me do it :-[  She looooooves that I wear my tail (the fact that she's a recently converted furry doesn't hurt either  (: ).
*Actually turns green with envy*
=>.<=

Congrats, you lucky wolf!
=^^=
If I no longer think
of reality
as reality,
what reason would I have
to think of dreams as dreams?

- Saigyo

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 03:05:50 pm »
Wearing a tail/collar is a nice way to express "furryness" at home around friends and family, but wearing it in public is a completely different issue. I salute you guys who're brave enough to do so... and some of you even wear 'em to school, too! Crikey.

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:30 pm »
I enjoy wearing my ears because they give me something to base people off of.
If they stare maybe they are curious
If they point maybe they think it's silly/stupid
If they shrug it off, they know or don't care
If they give you this look of "I'm better than you" they only think they know
and if they stop talking to you, they weren't a real friend
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Gigi

• Little Pink Goat
  • Female
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 08:29:30 am »
Getting a collar is something I really want to do once I go back to my home country. (I'm living abroad now so I'll have to wait.) I have a fascination for neckwear of all sorts from costume jewelry style necklaces to neckties, which is something I've added to my fursona. So I definitely want to get a collar. I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to wear it in public as the one I want to get is rather colorful and will more than likely attract quite a bit of attention, but who knows?

I'd also like to make ears and a tail based off my fursona to wear around my house. I don't want to just be that furry who just simply draws and writes about furries, but rather, I'd like to adopt some of the lifestyle too.
My English isn't the best anymore. Sorry for any mistakes.

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 10:06:50 am »
Honestly, I think I enjoy the varied looks I get from other people when I wear a collar. It's interesting how one person can completely ignore the fact that I'm wearing an article of clothing made for canines, another complements the fashion statement, and yet another thinks I'm into bondage.  :P

Also, I think the collar looks good with my dogtag necklace and leather coat.  :)

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 12:37:43 am »
I should get a dogtag.
and probably hang it from my collar
then it would be a real dog tag
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2011, 11:14:32 am »
I should get a dogtag.
and probably hang it from my collar
then it would be a real dog tag

...why haven't I thought of that?!  :o

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »
I have an ear-hat and collar I wear pretty much on an everyday basis. I wear them because it's fun. The hat is quite a silly one and I think it's good to incorporate a bit of silly into your day. I also found that the collar is just a really comfortable thing to wear. I'd probably wear it if I wasn't a fur. I also wear these in hopes that some other furs in the area I don't know about may see it and come say hi.
Icon by Shynjy. Visit his FA for goodies!

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2011, 10:34:46 pm »
The hat is quite a silly one and I think it's good to incorporate a bit of silly into your day.

Amen :D

I also wear these in hopes that some other furs in the area I don't know about may see it and come say hi.

Same here
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline StarCollie

• Female
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2011, 05:34:51 pm »
Well, I may not wear a collar, tail or ears (yet) but I do wear bandannas around my neck as well as having a dog tag with "Star Collie" engraved in it on a chain.. For me, it's because it's a part of my fursona and a part of me. I even tried not wearing a bandanna and the dog tag once and I didn't feel like myself. I guess for most furries, it's how they can feel like their fursonas or to simply be themselves. :)

~Star Collie
"...SQUIRREL..... anyway..."

~Star Collie

Offline Feather_Claw

• Not all who wander are lost. ~J.R.R Tolkien
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:41 am »
I do it because I have to.

I do it because I feel really incomplete and strange if I don't.
Public reaction, well...enh as much as I do love getting people's attention and provoking them to come up and ask questions its not why I do what I do. I often get the phantom limb sensation so having my tail and ears on helps with that and I feel a little more complete.

A collar for me is because I am a submissive, so now that I'm currently not with someone I'm going to stay uncollared.

Also---what better what to get scritches and cuddles then when you're floofy and adorable? ^_^
-If humanity is to deem my spriit a sort of insanity you may keep it---I will dance with soul and howl where the wild things are in joyous madness. Nature may be violent red in tooth and claw but red is also the colour of life...

Offline Taji

• Male
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2011, 08:43:52 am »
I wear my tail just for the fun and style of it. I love to costume and things like that. I wear a collar because i'm submissive by nature but don't yet have an owner. It's hard to find a dominate woman who isn't into giving pain, and enjoys being with a guy who also likes to dress as a female. Yes, i'm a cross dresser. :) part of my love of cosplay and dressing up. :) 

I know what you mean~  x_x though I wouldnt say Im submissive, I do love to struggle  ;)
"I put the fires out", "=.= you made them WORSE", "Worse or BETTER!! :D"

Offline knightpazz

• what's a tummy :/
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:55 am »
I wear a collar all the time and ears some times im going to get a grey fox tail i wear them because im proud to be furry and why wouldnt I its the best
If penguins had knees the world would be doomed

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »
The only time I wore my tail was during a fan  convention or meet. I would wear it the entire day in public, I also spot a Hello Kitty Pack pack.
I seriously thinking of wearing it more often on Saturdays like going to a farmers market.
Furry is more than a hobby to me. It it indeed a lifestyle and important part who I am.

Offline Fen-Fen

• lol u mad?
  • Female
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 01:31:05 pm »

We kinds of girls do exist! My boyfriend enjoys crossdressing for me and I do enjoy picking out clothes for him. :)
And I’ll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom,
I’m as green as the ring on my little cold finger,
I’ve never known the lovin' of a man,
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.

Offline huskybutt

• Furry Store
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2011, 03:10:02 am »
I wear my collar + dogtag for a few reasons.  It reminds me of my mate who gave it to me, reminds me to be myself and gives me a strange sense of comfort. 

I wear it almost everywhere with the exception of around family most of the time.  I've actually gotten only positive reactions and have had some nice conversations started over it. 
Check out my furry store  by clicking HERE 
T shirts, Stickers, Posters and More!

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »
I sometimes take the collar of my Dog and wear it  :-[ Despite it being dirty and smelly. Why do I do this...........I don't know, I do get a satisfaction from wearing it, I guess I would just love for someone to walk me  (:. I also would like to get a tail and ears at some point.