Author Topic: Highschool Furries  (Read 40547 times)

Offline Loup Dargent

• Now class, pay attention...
  • Male
Re: Highschool Furries
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2011, 10:33:36 pm »
Well, I know at least ONE other furry in my high school now- and that's because I introduced him to the fandom myself.
Are you sure you wanna mess with ME?

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2011, 11:39:23 pm »
What highschool ya`ll go to? Gotta know might go to mine. Mine`s Tate High.
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2011, 12:05:45 am »
Roseville high [MN]
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2011, 12:14:24 am »
Leeme rephrase that Tate High Pensacola FL
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:16 pm »
Catonsville High. Lemme know if I'm not alone :P

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2011, 09:16:50 pm »
Haltom High, Tx.. -blegh- the only thing good about the school is the awesome art department

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2011, 12:20:44 am »
I'm in 7th grade so no highschool yet! But I am most likely going to Blessed Trinity Highschool in GA.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
west wilkes high
(that one highschool that oboma visited in NC)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline SilverWolFox

• A dragon-fox hybrid...
  • Male
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2011, 03:02:58 am »
I'm only junior high still, and I am probably the only furry there (relatively big school too). It's hard sometimes. (Sometime in the near future, [2500 years, more or less] an all furry school will open about 275 billion miles away from this fur-hating planet! Open for all ages, as long as you can prove your furriness, lol! Come one, Come all! Admission is free! Just hop on the rocket and let's go!)
"The lotus of the Leaf Village blooms twice. The next time you see me, I will have become a stronger man." -Rock Lee

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2011, 03:08:10 am »
i found one other fur at my school and we dont know each other very well

i wear a collar with a phi paw on it and on halloween (and a week after) i wore a tail and ears so he asked and i said yes i am a furry
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline revnance

• Male
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2011, 04:29:51 am »
I've met three furries at myschool one a life long friend I got into the fandom the other I just recently told I am a furry and the other my best friends ex-girlfriend
"bark at the moon"

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2011, 03:12:58 pm »
Apparently my friend's older brother knows some furries. I don't think that counts.

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2011, 12:41:05 am »
i don't know any other furries in my school i hope to find some more. my friends support me except the haters on A days, but i was thinking on making a new club at my school just for furries so we could hang out. But i don't know how to run a club or even get one started so if any one could shed some light on it and tell me every thing you know about it before 10 in the morning today i would really appreciate it so much.
a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2011, 12:55:54 am »
If its just a hanging out group, get a teacher to be your advisor, and get it approved by the school. Or, go unofficial, and possibly get kicked. In my school, you need a teacher to supervise any group...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

Offline Jboeggs

• Male
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:25 pm »
I thought I was a lonely puppy :3 But as time went on I found friends that supported me and other furries (1)

Offline GingerBear

• your attention is required at all times
  • Female
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »
i'm a sophomore in high school and i've been a fur for three years. i just came out as a furry about a year ago, and i've been through some crap but all and all most people just ignore it
~be yourself- people will not like you anyway~

Offline lethe

• Male
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 09:24:15 am »
dont worry about being the only fur at your school haha i dont know any other furries at my school but im sure theres a few. my advice is to try and make connections (at school or otherwise) chances are theres a meetup or some sort of furry event around your part

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 06:13:30 pm »
I am a jounior in high school and my entire time here i have only met one other fur but he moved sadly. But noone knows of me being furry in my school yet but i am trying to find some furs to hang out with and talk to. But i am not to worried about it though.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 07:33:56 pm »
being openly furry at school, especially High School, is... different. Kids at school are overly judgmental. Admitting your furry is like saying your gay (no offense). If you say it, and people accept it, than great. But if no one accepts it, the damage is done. you're theoretically dead for the rest of high school. No matter what, there are always going to be that group of students who are going to be against you and our fandom. No one at my high school knows, but soon my friend will. I figure that this is who I am and I will live the rest of my life as a furry. If he doesn't accept it, then that's fine, but I won't change just to keep a friend. More friends will come.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2012, 07:45:42 pm »
The post that glowstick put up is probably the most well said. If i could i would let the subject bring itself up but we have dress code and uniforms this does not help what so ever. But if i told myfriends and they "reject" well they are no friends of mine.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:11 am »
i actually found another furry tuesday at my algibra class out of nowhere. i was finishing i picture and he turns around and says "hay your a furry" i didn't think any thing of it at the time so i said "yah i was" then after class i asked him how he new about the fandom and thats when he told me that he was a furry. i'm so happy to know that thares another furry in this school besides me.
a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:28 pm »
why can't random occurrences like that happen to me!?!
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Harena

• Princess Oscar. That's right, crackerjack.
  • Female
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2012, 06:55:18 pm »
Well....

I have one other furry in my school. She's one of my best friends, and I introduced her to the fandom about, I dunno, 2 months ago? Ive been in the fandom for over two years, maybe three. She came into school today with a wolf tail she made by herself, and I have to say; I was the proudest I'd ever been in my entire life. I leaned back in my chair and said "That's my little furry, oh her." during class when she had it on. I'm building a fursuit right now, and she wants to build one too.

But other than that, I've never asked. I don't know of any, mostly because I don't try to bring it up. My friend Trevor knows and understands, but only because I explained. He thought we were all YIFFERS. I told him about us though and he supports it. But I'm in one of higher crowds of people, you could say, lots of people know who I am, so if people found out I want to wear a fursuit and wear tails....oh LAWD, that would be interesting  >:(
I LOVE YOU.

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2012, 11:43:07 pm »
Dude, two close friends of mine came out TO me about being furry... It was great, because I was able to refer them to here and other sites. One of them joined, ForestLover, the other is way too shy.... This makes me happy though!!!!

Offline Ice Sage

• Male
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »
I am only in eighth grade and I don't know anybody here who is a furry.I don't even know anybody who has any intrest in things as such. I think I made it plainly obvious to my friends that I'm a furry, but that dosen't mean too much, for, they (for the most part) don't even know what a furry is.