Author Topic: Highschool Furries  (Read 40640 times)

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
Re: Highschool Furries
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 08:57:53 pm »
I was out of school entirely a few years before I discovered Furry. However a lot of my Furry tendencies started to show up in Junior High. That's when my dog obsession really flared up. For fun a friend of mine and I each created our own universe of characters to draw comics about. His was science fiction with aliens and spaceships and such. Mine involved a pack of dogs who fought monsters, a rival clan of cats and a particularly psychopathic dogcatcher among other enemies. I was constantly having to come up with new villains for them to fight. They rarely survived through more than one or two stories. I spent more time working on those characters than I did doing actual schoolwork.
That was also when my ambition to become a dog artist started flaring up. I wanted to make a living drawing dogs, painting dogs, building dog puppets and animatronics and things like that. And while I still have a lot of those dreams I've pretty much given up hope of ever being able to do it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:59:28 pm by robodog »
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2011, 08:40:59 pm »
I only have one person who knows me I'm a furry in high school, and that's my friend. He just looks at me like I'm crazy, but he never makes fun of me for it.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Dragon32

• Livin' that wolf life :)
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2011, 12:15:06 am »
saw a girl with a collar on at school last week.....surprised me o.O
XBL GT: InS Wolf (feel free to add me!)
paintball ♥ go team Dynasty!
Hopefully gonna start making my own fursuit sometime this month ^.^
Fursona made by my good friend from school. :)

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:05 am »
First year of high school this year, but, I'm using a mainly online based system, so...

Offline MarkDrees

• Male
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2011, 01:31:04 am »
Only met one person who might even possibly be a furry but have met plenty of people who are anti-furry so I don't tend to wear a tail or ears. Oddly enough a lot of those anti-furries are my friends and they shut there traps about being anti-furry quick when they found out I was one. I guess it was more so just to have something to stand for, you know. I once heard my friend Nick say "Yiff in hell furries" but I haven't heard him say anything like that ever since he realized he knew one. I guess he realized that having a friend is more important than referencing some stupid meme culture....
Member of the Ungulates United local #416

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2011, 03:39:46 pm »
TO GOOD FRIENDS *Holds up a stein of mead*
Speaking of good friends, nearly my entire circle of friends from high school has turned out to either be furry or Brony which is close enough. Funny how those thing turn out.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline SoulFox

• Male
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 06:00:36 pm »
for going to a school of about 4K people i only know of 3furries in there... o.o the one i've known since like 1st grade but we dont talk anymore, his gf which i've know since like 7th grade who is psycho -____- no we don't get along, lol. and i just found one last year who was in my english class ^_^ but even we never really hit it off with each other... idk what it is about me meeting furs in person, or if its just bcause i knew who they were before i found out they were furries. i always wondered if there were more furs but im not really sure how to find out. but anyways no one in my school knows im a fur, or would even guess it. if they knew what one was... lol
Enjoy what you have. But most importantly, nothing will ever be handed to you! Put in effort, the harder you work for something, the more rewarding it is :3

Offline Praxious

• ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
  • Female
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »
...eeeeeessh..

i was a furry starting my freshman year..and i was DEFINATELY alone.
i was the kid that EVERYONE picked and teased from elementary all the way till i got my diploma.

furry had nothing to do with it, but it SURE as heck didnt help my situation. i would wear a tail and tottaly get ripped on for it.
a collor...same results..but i stayed with it...mostly because i knew that no matter what i wore people hated me so what was the difference?

high school was real hard for me. i almost didnt make it
i was REALY close to being one of those kids you hear about that take there own lives because of all the bullying they got it was so bad
shadow hide you..
...may the night mother wrap you in her cold dead embrace

Offline Razake

• Female
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2011, 05:05:58 am »
Currently in my Sophomore year, and a fairly new furry, so I haven't gotten much time to sniff out others in my school. ;b
Most of my close friends know I'm a fur (they're some cool people; glad to know them) and occasionally they'll poke fun at me but it's never anything serious.
I don't wear anything like ears, a tail, or a collar because my school has a pretty strict dress code and there's plenty of students who'd never shut up about it if I tried to, so I'm pretty discrete with my furriness(well, not counting my sketchbook xD).

I was actually really surprised when I was talking to a guy who sits behind me in my German class and during conversation he looked around before whispering that he's a furry. I was really happy to find out I'm friends with another fur :D
I'm sure there's more in my school somewhere; I mean we have 3,000+ students so it's highly possible.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:08:58 am by Razake »

Offline GingerBear

• your attention is required at all times
  • Female
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2011, 12:04:59 pm »
Highschool furs for the win. Me, my mate, my sister, my best friend, and one of my other guy friends are all furs. We all wear partial suits to school and we get odd looks but none of us care. The stuff think it's cute, and because we're like like, having a huge furpile in the middle of the hallway or hurting anyone they don't say anything to us.
~be yourself- people will not like you anyway~

Offline Loup Dargent

• Now class, pay attention...
  • Male
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2011, 04:28:46 pm »
I'm sure there's more in my school somewhere; I mean we have 3,000+ students so it's highly possible.
3,000+ students? Really? Goodness, my school only has 411 student in all. Of course, that's probably why I haven't found any other furs. Well, that, and it's a private school.
Are you sure you wanna mess with ME?

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »
3,000+ students? Really? Goodness, my school only has 411 student in all. Of course, that's probably why I haven't found any other furs. Well, that, and it's a private school.

Mine is a public high school with around 4500 students :).

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »
I've been a scaly since I first saw what a dragon looked like.

Offline Razake

• Female
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2011, 09:36:01 pm »

Oh, boo :( I really enjoy going to a public school.
Yeah, there's also another school in my area with about 6,000 students. It's absolutely insane. It should be two schools but they won't split and build a new one.

On an unrelated note, I have apparently and unknowingly caused one of my friends to join the fandom!  :goldglee:

Offline Obscurimity

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »
I'm a high school  furry. I go to a rather big school, but even so I'm yet to meet another furry. I have a teacher that knows what  furries are, and heavily dislikes them. ._.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2011, 06:19:34 am »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:05:48 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2011, 05:51:28 pm »
I'm currently in high school (sophmore) but I've been a furry since middle school  :) Not many of my friends are furries but some of them are neutral-furries.  :)

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »
I'm a furry in high school and my Bf of 3 years (since freshman yr) was the one who got me into it. I only recently accepted it, but I've been his foxgirl since we were just friends. Besides us though, there are no other furs. Most of my friends, who are other misfits, just jokingly make fun of me about it, and I tease them back. My mom freaked though, lol.  (:

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:15 pm »
Fur in high school. Senior year! I have 1 friend [that I know of] that is a furry. Out of a school of over 1000 kids...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2011, 09:19:41 pm »
Fur in high school. Senior year! I have 1 friend [that I know of] that is a furry. Out of a school of over 1000 kids...

Hahaha i know right!! I've gone through 4 different high schools, and I've only encountered 2. Senior year hellz yes same here! ;D

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »
Freshman in high school. I think I`m a loner because I don`t see anyone acting like a furry, but there is one girl who wears a collar, I don`t know if I should ask and see if shes a furry or not.
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Craulf

• Solatorobo!
  • Male
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:12 pm »
Freshman in high school. I think I`m a loner because I don`t see anyone acting like a furry, but there is one girl who wears a collar, I don`t know if I should ask and see if shes a furry or not.
Meh, still better than me. Senior here and I haven't seen one in all four years I've been here :( Which is really weird because my school has over 1800 kids...One guy I know wears a lot of animal-themed clothes and accessories, but he's obsessed with Hot Topic and I know that's where he gets EVERYTHING he owns. CURSE YOU MAINSTREAM FURRY FASHION :D
What? Easy mode? How lame! Only kids play on easy mode! kyahahahahahaha!
..... I might have a touhou addiction o.o

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:17 am »
there is one girl who wears a collar, I don`t know if I should ask and see if shes a furry or not.

... She might just be Goth, so check on that first... plus collars are only small indications...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2011, 02:35:26 am »
Meh, still better than me. Senior here and I haven't seen one in all four years I've been here :( Which is really weird because my school has over 1800 kids...One guy I know wears a lot of animal-themed clothes and accessories, but he's obsessed with Hot Topic and I know that's where he gets EVERYTHING he owns. CURSE YOU MAINSTREAM FURRY FASHION :D

"Goes to Hot Topic" and "Is a furry" are *not* mutually exclusive...
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2011, 04:56:06 pm »
Uh my school is pretty large but there are no other furries as far as I know. My friends really don't care that I'm into it do I guess it doesn't matter. It would be fun to meet some irl furries though. I'll keep looking, since as a freshman, there are lots of people I don't know.