Author Topic: Lucid Dreams  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Jboeggs

• Male
Lucid Dreams
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:17:31 am »
I got my first fursona drawn today and I loved it... So I have been trying to have a lucid dreams for like a year now. But the first time I see my fursona on a piece of paper I have a lucid dream I was my fursona. I woke up and starting feeling itchy behind my ear and went into my bathroom and went in shock and woke up and it was like a hour later in real time. Here I am righting this :3 Look up lucid dreaming, or just share your dreams ^.^

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Lucid Dreams
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:03:55 am »
If you want to know more about lucid dreaming, we have an old thread here that you can review/research.
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=23093.0

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:39 am »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:41:30 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »
I have to try this. It'll help me want to go to bed :P.

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »
i have a lucid dream every other night. some times the alarm in my room scares me awake after one or it works its way into the dream so i don't think it's the alarm. because of these dreams i feel like I'm going a little mental
a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:02:15 am »
I have never had a truely lucid dream although I did dream of being transformed into a lion.  The worst sadness I have felt in my life was when I woke up from that dream.  I would love to lucid dream as Chris the lion or any of my fursonas. 
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:22 am »
i had a lucid dream and i don't know what it means. ok it's not furry but after the short dream came the furry one but any way i would like to know if any one knows what this means--- in the dream i was staring at my self as a child and my child self was staring a a weaping willow tree, everything was green and beutiful, but then it changed to me at the age i am now and i was staring at the same tree, but everything was dead and black. now i don't know what this means so if any one could please shead some light on it i would be beyond greatful

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:18:03 am »
I get these pretty frequently, didn't really start happening until late high school (I blame not being able to sleep until the last minute skewing my sleep habits)

The thing that gets me is often I'll wake up but I'll still consciously be seeing bits out of it, I recall one time having some kind of ultra-violent lucid dream and after waking up, I ran to the shower to try to wash the blood off of me before the ice cold water snapped me fully awake, other cases messed with how I act for a few, among other things

Offline Mylo

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 08:37:05 pm »
Hmmm...
Just finished reading a news article about how this could help in inducing lucid dreams...
*shrugs*

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:52 am »
gah! i try so hard to have Lucid dreams every single night, but ive only achieved it once.
thanks for posting the "term" for such behavior  :)
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:21 am »
For some reason it's impossible for me to lucid dream.

Offline Ice Sage

• Male
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »
I've had a few lucide dreams before. Although, now I'm so bad at remembering and writing down my dreams that it's not much of a matter. I've never had a dream as me being my fursona and I want to try more at having such a dream.

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:45 pm »
all of my dreams are furry
exept this 1  nitemar i hadwen i was 4-5
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline Vulpes Fuscus

• Male
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 01:11:30 am »
My first lucid dream was a furry dream actually, I was about 9 I'd say.
I was an anthro rat detective(no connection to great mouse detective, hadn't seen that yet)
it noir setting, which was awesome, I had lots of help from Disney/Warner Bros characters.

I don't remember much else, other than the fact that I was actively thinking about the dream when going to sleep
this dream went on for several months.
Silliness is a hobby, not a full-time job

Time flies when you fire a clock out of a cannon

Every time a lunatic sees the ocean an angel gets it's wings - My sister

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 01:33:04 am »
1 time i had a nitmar it started lucid and i had control but then
out of the blue hunters wer ripping my bones out of my body
and i cudent do eny thing
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:02 am »
I had a really weird lucid nightmare. I was conscience that I was having a nightmare the whole time. My family went to McDonalds together and came home, but we didn't bring in the food for some reason. The the whole world turned blue and my family turned into skeletons and were zombie-like chasing me. I ran behind my couch, but then billions of spiders ran out from under it and ate me piece by piece. I was about ten or maybe younger. It was weird because I was going through this and knew what was going on, that it was just a dream. But I was sort of controlling everything. I was terrified, but part of me was wanting all these things to come at me, and so they appeared and killed me. Maybe I was more messed up as a kid than I thought...
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 11:06:10 am »
i had only two lucid nightmares the first one i had when i was 11. i dremt i was sleeping in my bed then i woke up in the dream with something pinching me, and then like 200 black crabs with big claws came up from the sides of the bed and started eating me. at that momet i woke up sweaty. the seconed happened last year, it started out ok with me being in school and for some odd reason the teacher gave me a rifle with a scope. out of nowhere i found myself on the roof of the school and i was looking up at the sky and there were so many nucleur war heads from japan (the bombs had the japanese flag on them) flying over head. i was so scared i jumped off the roof and landed in some bushes. i jacked a school bus and started to make my way out of the area. the bus ran out of gas in a naighberhood right next to the school i got out, and kept heading up the streat. at that moment a nuke came down 300 yards from me i saw the explosion and then i saw myself just desintigrate into nothing but bones then the bones turned to ash. thats the moment i woke up. i still don't under stand what that dream ment and i think i never will. oh well.

Offline Vulpes Fuscus

• Male
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:00 pm »
I frequently have 3rd person perspective dreams, anyone else have those sort of dreams?
I had one such dream where I was running down my street I lived on at the time, a col de sac.
I was being chased by a gigantic monster of some sort. It appeared in front of me and then.......disappeared,
and there were some of my friends drinking tea on the roof of my house, and the next door neighbours were selling their house.
Random  :o
Silliness is a hobby, not a full-time job

Time flies when you fire a clock out of a cannon

Every time a lunatic sees the ocean an angel gets it's wings - My sister

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 06:32:31 pm »
I wouldn't count this as lucid, as you control stuff in a lucid dream, but this dream was different to say the least. So i was in a room, most likely the same room I have now, but everything was more realistic and bright in feeling. It was just me, laying on my bed, neat the edge. Then there was a girl, slightly older than I, maybe by a year or two, sitting cross-legged next to me. I was just staring up at the roof, talking about all the horrible things in my life. I went on and on and on, and the girl just sat there, smiling and listening. Then the weirdest thing happened. I stopped talking, then the girl did something. I can't discuss it here, because it gets a little mature, not full on X rated, but more mature than I'm sure they will allow to be discussed. But then I woke up. While I dreamed this dream, there were no physical beings there or other objects. It was more of a blank room, where I couldn't see anything, but it wasn't black, there was just nothingness. There were only the feelings, me feeling the pain of life, and the understanding of this girl. Then the love emanating from this girl for no reason. When I awoke, my conscience mind put objects in and people and even myself to try to make sense of it all. I woke up feeling loved beyond anything else in the world and I felt a deep connection with something that doesn't exist in this world. I believe this event really occurred, but in a separate place than Earth or my mind. Call it heaven or call it the spiritual world, I believe I had somehow ended up there for a short period of time. The experience was just so real and enlightening.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Cirocco the Silver Fox

• Male
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 09:43:45 am »
I have a LOT of lucid dreams actually. The biggest tip off for me? Usually they are in third person or when I become self aware my dream shifts to third person.
I chase the wind, but have no dreams of catching it.

Today is all we have - Personal Mantra

Offline WolfRose92

• Like in parkour, life is full of obstacles
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:11 am »
I dont know if it counts as a lucid dream, but this one I had seemed really really real. I was a wolf, running through the woods, and I was like, panicing. I jumped up and over a fallen log and heard this loud BANG like a gun, and woke up sweating and panting *shudders*

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »
since I've been getting alot of questions about lucid dreaming I'm going to put down about all you need to know toachieve your first lucid with a furry twist.

so here goes

I love telling people about this sort of thing. It's kind of where my expertize lies.

Super epic post

Start off with a dream goal. something you want to do. Since you said become a furry I'll work with that.

Alright I'm going to start off at the beginning.

First thing to do to start the process it to begin a dream journal.
You right down your dreams in as best detail as you can.

After a while of doing this, you can look through you dream journal. I'll felp you with this part.
You try to find anything in common. These will be you dream signs.

They could be anything. I.E. emotions, places, people, things, powers, anything

When you find your dreamsigns ( Its not always 1), If you lucky enough to have one that happens in real life I want you to perfome what is called a reality check. I'll explain.

A reality check is something you do to make sure your dreaming these include.

pushing your finger through the palm. In the dream your hand should streatch like rubber or you finger could just go through your hand.

try counting your fingers. In the dream you might have move than five, less than five, they could be disfigured, or be something totally different.

My favorite
you look at a digital clock. It should be going crazy. the numbers could be letters, or there could be 20 digits in the clock all moving and changing.
This one looks really cool

plug you nose and try to breath through it. In the dream since your real hand isn't covering your nose you can breath through it just fine. This is a very strange feeling.

Look at the ground. In the dream It should look different than it normally does. Like its made out of the wrong material.

I came up with this one
Bite your tongue. Since your in the dream world your experience no pain so your tongue should feel numb, You would only be experiencing the pressure not the pain.

Try to read something. In the dream world words look a little like the clock does. Like there constantly changing.

Look in a mirror. In the dream world mirrors don't seem to work right. It'll look like there all dirty and the image is blurry, or just not you in the mirror.

Try to change the light levels. For some reason in the dream world the light level stays the same. Light switches don't work.

Try jumping. In the dream world you should float back down , or hover , heck you might even fly.

Now the true power of these is using them in groups of 3 to. That way if one says your awake for some reason the others will prove your sleeping.
In the real world all of these will tell you your awake but in the dream world they might fail.

Now that is the easiest way to get a lucid.
I'll get into the other techniques if you really want to know about them.

this is how all of this should work.

Your having a dream with one of your dream signs in it and you relies hay this is a dream sign I'll perfume some reality checks.

After you perform your reality checks and they confirm you dreaming what do you want to do.

Since your dream goal is becoming a furry I'll start there.

Find your self a door any way you can.

Now when your at the door imagine a world where all the people are anthro's
Try saying out loud "this door will take me and bring me into the world of furry's" now when your done saying this but still thinking about it.

OPEN THE DOOR

As you enter the doorway you are transformed into your fursona and you walk into the world of furries.

Congratulations your now your fursons Go commingle with your brethren.

Hopefully this will get you to have that perfect lucid.

My old tutorial post on lucid dreaming, kinda my thing : 3

if you got any questions just ask : 3

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Chaosfurry

• Male
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 08:05:52 am »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:13:28 pm by Chaosfurry »

Offline Enchantingly

• Love and Light!
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 12:12:45 pm »
I love lucid dreaming! I have them often. But the funny thing about it is, I can't consciously make myself start doing it, but once I start to realize that I'm creating the experience, it becomes a lot of fun and a lot more memorable.
"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Offline Enchantingly

• Love and Light!
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 02:07:04 am »
I've been having more and more of the same type of lucid dream where I am a furry or at least involving furries. Needless to say I think it's awesome.
"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley