Author Topic: Good Short Films?  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
Good Short Films?
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:50:45 am »
I just found this neat little film called The Maker, which is a story about an odd creature racing to create his greatest masterpiece before the time (hour glass) runs out.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXOioU_OKM

So then I thought, maybe someone knows of some other interesting independent films & videos out there? They don't necessarily have to be artsy or philosophical like The Maker, but it would be cool to get some other suggestions. Another one that was good (but handles some very sensitive issues relating to religion and has very excessive violence) was The Backwater Gospel.

So what rare and relatively undiscovered gems have you found online?
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: Good Short Films?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 11:11:42 pm »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Good Short Films?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 11:20:40 pm »
I dunno if you could classify it as a short film but there is a film that I adore called Pi π.
It's in black and white and has the feel of a student film (Think Clerks) and I think it's one of the better movies I've ever seen.

I don't wanna give away much but the story has the feeling of a thriller as a young man obsessed with finding secret patterns in nature and linking them back to π begins to discover very mysterious and frightening things as he digs deeper into the mystery surrounding the mathematical constant and finds he isn't the only one obsessed with π.

If you like thrillers, mystery movies or if you're just a fan of numbers and the strange coincidences around numbers chains then you owe it to yourself to see it. You can find it on youtube.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:22:23 pm by Kay Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home