Author Topic: Furry Diet  (Read 34123 times)

Offline Marie Mosspool

• A broken bleeding heart
  • Female
Re: Furry Diet
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2009, 03:33:52 pm »
yep, Kirins being a dragon family species would be on the top of the food chain, so they'd be an omnivore, or more appropriately an anything-within-sight-ovore. I remember reading a decent article about Dragon diet a couple years ago where the author also described that dragons had to consume a portion of small stones and pebbles as well to help their digestion and also did something with their fire breathing ability. I've heard of other mammals eating stones too for the same digestive aide so it kinda makes sense.
Why yes, Crocodiles and alligators I believe do that as well because they often consume prey whole as do many dragons. The various sizes of stones roil about in the stomach and bash and grind the food as it is digested to aid in the process. :3 Not sure on the mammals that do it.
Though Kirins being a sort of hybrid between dragons and unicorns tend to have more peaceful eating habits than their draconic cousins and more violently ravenous eating habits than their unicorn cousins. In short, among dragons we'd likely be eaten and we'd scare the unicorns off...
The echoes in my head, the voices what had they said, whispers in my ear, turn around there's no one here..
listen close to every heart and hear that breaking sound, hopes and dreams are shattering apart and crashing to the ground...

Offline Katra

• Male
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2009, 07:25:23 pm »
There are no mammals that eat stones as a digestive aid. (Occasionally a mammal will eat stones; but they can end up in major trouble doing that.)
Richard Reid
Captain; webship Corwinda

Offline TundraVixen

• Pokethlon Fan,Soul Silver Version!=3
  • Female
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2009, 01:24:04 am »
A quick note...Birds will eat stones sometimes to help aid in flight...or digestion?Im not sure...x3 But I know they will eat stones :3

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2009, 08:59:48 am »
A quick note...Birds will eat stones sometimes to help aid in flight...or digestion?Im not sure...x3 But I know they will eat stones :3
digestion. because they cannot chew their food.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2009, 03:50:36 pm »

Trufax: Dinosaurs did this too. They've found the smooth digestive stones, fossilized near dinosaur skeletons.
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2009, 04:51:20 pm »

Trufax: Dinosaurs did this too. They've found the smooth digestive stones, fossilized near dinosaur skeletons.
I did not know that.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Wendingo

• Female
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2010, 12:29:42 pm »
My diet consists of .anything meat  :D. I only eat veggies that are hard, usually, like carrots, celery, etc etc. Even though I'm a sucker for Jalapenos and salad.

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2010, 01:56:05 pm »
Meat, chicken & turkey, canned tuna & not much veggies. I'm gonna change that. No more soda (atleast one small glass.) LOTS of bread related food (noodles, white bread, stuffing, crackers). Trying to reduce sugar intake alot. :D

In other words, trying to eat healthier without sacrificing foods I need!
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »
Closed due to gravedigging.