Author Topic: Wearing a tail in public  (Read 155593 times)

Offline Wrangell

• Male
Re: Wearing a tail in public
« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:12 am »
My fursona is a husky and I would LOVE to have a tail! I have only seen one other person in my city that wears a tail and have seen zero fursuiters (besides mascots of coarse) I am involved with the scouts as an assistant scout master and I wore my husky hat with paws type hat (very fluffy) to a campout I had lots of complements on it and my Scoutmaster said "You can be who you are in scouts and no one will judge you" He also said if I wanted to get in touch with my "inner stuffed animal I could" know one knows I'm a furry though.   :D
Keep Smiling

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #501 on: September 19, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »
Yay! I got a tail from Roseyzozo a week ago and I just love it! It was custom too <3
It's a basic dark grey and light grey one but cost a bit extra because it is long!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:45:22 pm by Scarlegs »
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!

Offline Alden the Fox

• Species: White Fox
  • Feldwebel
  • Male
« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2013, 10:52:42 am »
I already wear a collar, and will wear my tail around once I get around to making it XD a very large percentage of the kids in my school (Like 35%) are Furries, and a lot of them wear Furry things (ears, tails) lol, but surprisingly, I'm the only one I know of who wears a collar XD
A gay fox who also reenacts WWII Germany. :P

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:25 am »
Well...my tail recently got destroyed by my roommate's dog, Z. So I won't be going in public with it again.

RIP Tail. :'(

:D Nah, I am not that beat up over it. It was in need f repair already, I had just been putting it off. I will get a new one once I get the chance.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #504 on: November 07, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »
I've only worn my tail in public once not counting cons and actually I got a few compliments and made people smile so I was happy. I've gotten more comfortable wearing my ears in public as of late though.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #505 on: November 10, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »
I have a tail that is in the making! I found someone at a local con and she was willing to make me one! Still waiting on it though. It is a husky tail with purple on top and white on the bottom.
Keep Smiling

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #506 on: November 10, 2013, 08:41:05 pm »
i would never wear just a tail in public. i would only wear a full/partial fursuit

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #507 on: November 16, 2013, 07:42:47 pm »
I had on my ears and tail around downtown Chattanooga all weekend a week ago XD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Odessa_x

• Wolf at heart
  • Female
« Reply #508 on: November 19, 2013, 10:18:28 pm »
I want a tail...  ;) but I don't know where to get one... Anyone got suggestions?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #509 on: November 19, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »
So the Furry artist that is making my tail said that he would make me ears as well with the left over fur and it will be done sometime before December 12th.
Keep Smiling

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #511 on: November 23, 2013, 06:38:46 pm »
I had a dream the other day where i was looking around for a pair of ears and a tail.  Funny thing is, i don't really want one, nor would i ever really wear one...

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #512 on: December 20, 2013, 04:36:38 am »
I had a dream the other day where i was looking around for a pair of ears and a tail.  Funny thing is, i don't really want one, nor would i ever really wear one...
You subconscious tells you different XD For some reason I keep dreaming about running O.o oh well.

back to the topic. I'm still making my tail :D and I plan to wear it eventually in my small city of 45,627 people :P (rock climbing or at a school mufti day). Still making my tail :D

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #513 on: December 20, 2013, 05:22:29 am »
I've got a tail now and I have wore it around town and everyone I ran into loved it :D
Keep Smiling

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #514 on: December 23, 2013, 09:42:21 pm »
I can't wait to cosplay Loveless.XXXX Len, then I'll get to run around in a dress... AND have ears and a tail.
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline miiburd

• meep
  • Female
    • miiburd @ FA
« Reply #515 on: December 25, 2013, 05:51:11 am »
I loooove wearing tails. It's so cute. I get nothing but compliments! And whenever I see other people wearing tails I want to instantly run up to them and become friends. >.> <.<
▀█▀▒█▀▀▀▒█▀▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄▄▄▒█▄▄█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄▄▄▒█▒▒█▒▄

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #516 on: December 26, 2013, 01:36:32 pm »
I loooove wearing tails. It's so cute. I get nothing but compliments! And whenever I see other people wearing tails I want to instantly run up to them and become friends. >.> <.<

You act like people wearing tails in common happening where you live ... lucky
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline miiburd

• meep
  • Female
    • miiburd @ FA
« Reply #517 on: December 27, 2013, 05:24:56 am »
You know, it actually is fairly common. But I live in Alaska, so... maybe it makes sense. There's tails everywhere!
▀█▀▒█▀▀▀▒█▀▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄▄▄▒█▄▄█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄▄▄▒█▒▒█▒▄

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #518 on: December 27, 2013, 09:50:45 am »
You know, it actually is fairly common. But I live in Alaska, so... maybe it makes sense. There's tails everywhere!

I second this statement. It seems more and more Alaskans are popping out tails  :o. Both my mom and I have been seeing them around town. I get home one day and she was all like "hay I saw this guy walking down the Old Seward highway and he had a tail". I was like yup there are more of us then you think ;)
Keep Smiling

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #519 on: December 27, 2013, 06:24:22 pm »

I second this statement. It seems more and more Alaskans are popping out tails  :o. Both my mom and I have been seeing them around town. I get home one day and she was all like "hay I saw this guy walking down the Old Seward highway and he had a tail". I was like yup there are more of us then you think ;)
I have yet to see anyone wear a tail in Australia ^_^ (other than myself - which I will soon do)

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #520 on: December 27, 2013, 08:42:52 pm »
I've got a few I like wearing to any cons I go to, or to the local ren fair. It's fun! I exchange knowing nods with other people wearing tails that I see :P

Offline Fantasy

• Female
« Reply #521 on: January 11, 2014, 06:55:31 pm »
Even though i just got my tail yesterday I had wore it to the park today when I walked my dog. I don't care that much about what other people think and thought it was funny what two parents just gave me weird looks but I'm just being me  :)
Allons-y

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »
Even though i just got my tail yesterday I had wore it to the park today when I walked my dog. I don't care that much about what other people think and thought it was funny what two parents just gave me weird looks but I'm just being me  :)
Aww. So lucky :O

Offline Fantasy

• Female
« Reply #523 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:34 pm »
I even wore it to go shopping with my dad  :)
Allons-y

Offline RabidLynx

« Reply #524 on: February 13, 2014, 07:25:14 pm »
I would love to get a tail, although I would feel very awkward since my furson'a tail is very long, and not only that, it's forked into two. I live in the country where only old fat drunken rednecks live, it's very boring and I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots. I've never seen someone wearing a tail or ears in public, nor would I expect someone to. Around here, if you even like animals and draw them all the time, people think you're weird. Imagine someone asking me about my tail, and having to explain it to them... man, would they freak out.

Not in school. No. nononononono (I don't even think they would let you wear a tail... I mean, they won't let you wear hats. I got yelled at for wearing a TARDIS laplander. YEAH BECAUSE A TARDIS LAPLANDER IS TOTALLY A HAT THAT VIOLENT GANGSTERS WEAR).

Although if I were to go to a con, I would proudly wear my tail. I'm not going to buy a fursuit yet, because 1. Money 2. I'm still growing 3. MONEY

But I would love a tail... it's really cool, I would just fling it around all the time.

Now I want a tail :(
~Lynx pardinus~ ~Lynx lynx~ ~Lynx canadensis~ ~Lynx rufus~ <3 All lynx
-
There is no point to being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.
-
FFX4a A+ C- D H+ M- P+ R T+++ W Z- S! RLU c++ e- f- h* i++ j p+ s