Author Topic: The Collar Thread  (Read 116598 times)

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
Re: Collars! When is it okay to wear them?
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2008, 09:08:04 am »
i have never really worn a collar. but i would if i was at a con. but really its not my thing. but like a say what ever floats your boat my friend. my thoughts sometimes wonder what would happen if i was in the military and put my dog tags on a dog collar. i keep hearing drop and give me 50. lol  :ordragon: :ordragon: :goldlaugh: :D

Offline Kivva

• The road to success is always under construction.
  • Female
    • Kivva's Den: The Furry Art of Kivva
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2008, 11:40:32 am »
i have never really worn a collar. but i would if i was at a con. but really its not my thing. but like a say what ever floats your boat my friend. my thoughts sometimes wonder what would happen if i was in the military and put my dog tags on a dog collar. i keep hearing drop and give me 50. lol  :ordragon: :ordragon: :goldlaugh: :D

I never thought I'd like wearing collars either... I own three of them now. XD And I like your dogtag idea! I might borrow that... get some duplicates of my dad's and wear them in his memory. He knew I was eccentric, had no idea what furry is, but he knows I'm put my heart into it, and for that he would be proud. :3

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2008, 02:55:12 pm »

I never thought I'd like wearing collars either... I own three of them now. XD And I like your dogtag idea! I might borrow that... get some duplicates of my dad's and wear them in his memory. He knew I was eccentric, had no idea what furry is, but he knows I'm put my heart into it, and for that he would be proud. :3

thats really sweet of you. i think your dad yould be honored. is he a veteran

Offline Kivva

• Female
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
thats really sweet of you. i think your dad yould be honored. is he a veteran

Yes he was.

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008, 03:16:52 pm »

Yes he was.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that....

Offline Kivva

• Female
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2008, 03:20:07 pm »
Yes he was.
Sorry to hear that....
[/quote]

A appreciate that. Getting back on topic, are you so sure you wouldn't enjoy wearing a collar?

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2008, 03:22:27 pm »
collars=fun to wear.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 05:27:17 pm »
well I just got my collar today.
 Plan A of having my parents get it for me as a "joke gift" failed so I went with plan B and just went out and bought my own :) at the local dollar store.

It's black nylon with a sorta tribal pattern to it. It's actually really comfortable. I've yet to even tell my parents I got one yet. I just don't have the patients to explain to them why I bought it. there still getting used to me wearing my fox ears, so I'll give it some time.

I'm probably going to eventuallt get a tag that says "Hayaikawa" on it.
I used to think why would I wear a collar I'm an Anthro Arctic Kitsune, but hey it was only $3, it looks really nice, and I'm growing to like it a lot.   :)

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 09:00:29 pm »
well I just got my collar today.
 Plan A of having my parents get it for me as a "joke gift" failed so I went with plan B and just went out and bought my own :) at the local dollar store.

It's black nylon with a sorta tribal pattern to it. It's actually really comfortable. I've yet to even tell my parents I got one yet. I just don't have the patients to explain to them why I bought it. there still getting used to me wearing my fox ears, so I'll give it some time.

I'm probably going to eventuallt get a tag that says "Hayaikawa" on it.
I used to think why would I wear a collar I'm an Anthro Arctic Kitsune, but hey it was only $3, it looks really nice, and I'm growing to like it a lot.   :)

A local pet shop is about a 15 minute walk from where I live, and I might just go down there tomorrow to get one. Nice and simple. How I would explain it to my parents on the other hand... not so simple.
...Ideas, anybody?
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2008, 01:40:08 am »
A local pet shop is about a 15 minute walk from where I live, and I might just go down there tomorrow to get one. Nice and simple. How I would explain it to my parents on the other hand... not so simple.
...Ideas, anybody?

well you could just explain to them that it's just like any other weird fashion out there. heck look at thew crazy outfits the movie actors are wearing and the models.
(well that might be a bad example but you get my point)

also explain to them that it's just a collar and nothing more, stress the fact that it has ZERO sexual aspect to it, that might be one of the big things your parents will think, they might not tell you but there thinking it.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2008, 03:16:15 am »
...Ideas, anybody?

well you could just explain to them that it's just like any other weird fashion out there. heck look at thew crazy outfits the movie actors are wearing and the models.
(well that might be a bad example but you get my point)

also explain to them that it's just a collar and nothing more, stress the fact that it has ZERO sexual aspect to it, that might be one of the big things your parents will think, they might not tell you but there thinking it.

Well, big update. I just told my mom about the fandom and everything. I showed her the "what is furry" page from the Anthrocon website and some Goldenwolfen art. Amazingly, she was okay with it. She dabbles in art history, so she showed me some art books with some anthropomorphic art. She was quite excepting, but she certainly detected a sexual element to it.  Best of all, she said she was fine with a collar! I have a letter steel stamp set, so I'm gonna get a blank tag and Hammer "Nicholai" into it!  :) 8)
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2008, 04:01:41 am »
Sweet! You finally told your parent!

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2008, 04:20:09 am »
Well, big update. I just told my mom about the fandom and everything. I showed her the "what is furry" page from the Anthrocon website and some Goldenwolfen art. Amazingly, she was okay with it. She dabbles in art history, so she showed me some art books with some anthropomorphic art. She was quite excepting, but she certainly detected a sexual element to it.  Best of all, she said she was fine with a collar! I have a letter steel stamp set, so I'm gonna get a blank tag and Hammer "Nicholai" into it!  :) 8)

It's always nice to tell your parents and get the tension over with, It's very cool that your mom even had some old anthropomorphic art  :). It's also really cool thats she's fine with the collar and that you have the ability to make your one tag.
 I jealous. I'm gonna have to go out and buy my own.

But I digress, very cool :)

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2008, 12:08:53 pm »
i think ever thing i'm about to say has been said but if you feel that you wan't to wear it then do so whenever you want but be prepaired to recive strange looks from others and possible insults as you my be put into the wrong crowd of people i.e emo's/goths so just be sure to let others know what it means

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Just your friendly neighborhood pink wolf
  • Female
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 02:16:30 pm »
I'm sure you can wear them whenever you'd like! I have my own collars that I wear sometimes, no one ever gives me any flack for it, but then again I live in a small town so that could be it.

My furry code: FCW4a A+ C- D+++ H+ M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sf RLU a- cw++ d+ e f++ h* i++ j++ p++ sf-

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2008, 03:04:46 pm »
Well, I just got my collar! It's black with silver markings. I posted a pic of it under "Re: Post a IRL pic of yourself here!!!" thread.

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,7298.msg682371.html#msg682371  :)
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Female
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2008, 04:29:39 pm »
Well, I just got my collar! It's black with silver markings. I posted a pic of it under "Re: Post a IRL pic of yourself here!!!" thread.

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,7298.msg682371.html#msg682371  :)

Nice collar, Darkblast! Loving the design! I also like your necktie too :D

My furry code: FCW4a A+ C- D+++ H+ M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sf RLU a- cw++ d+ e f++ h* i++ j++ p++ sf-

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2008, 04:57:27 pm »

Nice collar, Darkblast! Loving the design! I also like your necktie too :D

Thanks, Wolf paw! The tie is made by BATSU, but they went out of business some time ago.   :(
Here is another shot of the collar (and the tie.) http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/darkblast93/IMAG00201.jpg

Yah, you people where right, after a while you just forget your wearing it. I lied to the kid at the pet store and told I had a dog with a neck about the size of mine.  :D
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »
Lol, Darkblast, I noticed that the tag on your collar is a little bit off-center.  Mine has a clip on the left front side, just like yours, and I always find that no matter how hard I try to center the tag, it always wanders to the right.  Do you have this problem?  Does anyone?
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Female
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2008, 05:33:37 pm »

Thanks, Wolf paw! The tie is made by BATSU, but they went out of business some time ago.   :(
Here is another shot of the collar (and the tie.) http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/darkblast93/IMAG00201.jpg

Yah, you people where right, after a while you just forget your wearing it. I lied to the kid at the pet store and told I had a dog with a neck about the size of mine.  :D

Eek, out of business? :( that's too bad! It seems like a very nice tie.  (:

Still digging the collar, and nice lie! :D

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2008, 05:40:55 pm »
Lol, Darkblast, I noticed that the tag on your collar is a little bit off-center.  Mine has a clip on the left front side, just like yours, and I always find that no matter how hard I try to center the tag, it always wanders to the right.  Do you have this problem?  Does anyone?

Yah, it shifts to one side, but I just ignore it/recenter it.
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Kirby the Fox

• Female
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2008, 08:20:18 pm »
I bought my first collar from the Hot Topic store, it's a nice simple black leather strap with a buckle and a single ring.  The only thing I have to accessorize it is a dog tag with "Kirby" etched on it.  I bought this and decided to wear it wherever I went when I started the 9th grade.  I wore it to school, around the house, shopping, everywhere (I even wore it when I went with a church group to New Orleans on a charity drive).  I got a lot of stares and jabs, but I grew up being the most unpopular kid in school so it was easy to shrug off.  Trust me, you will get a LOT of "Hey, why do you wear a dog collar?" or "Are you a dog or something?" even though you may think enough people have asked, their will always be someone new to ask.

Lol, this one time I was so sick of people asking I decided the next person who'd ask I would make up a story to mess with them.  This redhead girl I had an ugly history with asked me the question.

Girl: "Why do you wear a dog collar?"
Me: " Well, you see my mom is very worried about sexual abusers and kidnappers so she told me to wear this in case I get lost."

I got no response until next period (We had the same two periods in a row) when she came up to me and asked "Were you telling me the truth with that?"

I wouldn't advise lying to people because they might take it seriously.  But if you're going to make wearing a collar a part of your wardrobe, just be ready for the questions, jabs, and stupidity.
Moo-bip

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2009, 07:21:55 pm »
I just brought my collar to school for the first time today, and I was surprised by how many positive reactions I got. The teachers where fine with it, and only two people gave me a hard time. While a few people thought it was strange, most liked the idea, and thought it was original, no explanation of the fandom required.
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2009, 08:17:48 pm »
indeed i think having a collar would be fun bout couldn't people get the wrong impression if they saw you wearing it. they can mean all sorts of crap. right

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2009, 08:48:36 pm »
well i've been wearing mine every day since i got it. and i've only gotten positive coments.
and besides i love the attention.  (: