Author Topic: Greenstone book 1: Greenstone Abbey (IC)  (Read 8458 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Greenstone book 1: Greenstone Abbey (IC)
« on: October 02, 2015, 08:02:09 pm »
The sun beat down on the wreckage of the Star Runner, her crew and passengers strewn across the sand like driftwood. Waves lapped calmly at the shore, showing no sign of the maelstrom from that night. Crows circled overhead and cawed harshly as they descended to feed, thinking all to be dead. The captain lay still, a large splintered beam of his ship through his middle, though he was the only deceased amongst them. A pair of crows landed and began tearing into the fresh corpse, more descending to take their fill.

(Make your intros, then wait.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:04:37 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: Greenstone book 1: Greenstone Abbey (IC)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:31:56 pm »
Merek's ear twitched, faintly hearing the crows. His fur was tangled and messy. He coughed up salt water, and slowly tried to push himself up. The wolf couldn't remember much of what happened the night before. All he remembered was crashing then complete darkness. "Hello?" His voice faint and weak. He got up and stumbled towards a rock to sit on. There was a small laceration on his cheek, blood stained the area around it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:34:12 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:08:55 pm »
Zara stumbled up with a wobble "Ahhh...damn..."  she looked down to see her pants with a tear in the right leg revealing a shallow but rather long cut on her calf. She stumbled about looking for whatever of her stock might have survived the wreck. "C'mon...times are hard enough as it is..." Then she suddenly realized...her son! "Nico! Nico where are you?!"

Nico stood up calmly walking towards his panicked mother "Don't worry mama...i'm fine, i'm fine." He picked his sword and scabbard up off the ground. the belt loop on it bent out of shape. "Uhh..." he mumbled hooking it back unto his belt "Phew, still serves it's purpose."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 09:23:18 pm »
Madrek slowly opened his eyes to the sound of waves sweeping across the shore, groggily standing up and looking around. He grunted as he checked his gear, chips here and there but nothing overly detrimental. He took off his wet shirt and hung it over a tree branch to dry in the sun but kept on his pants for modesty. Soon he too started gingerly moving things he could on shore, careful to not strain his sore body and bruses, hopefully nothing was broken. He soon stopped, finding the task too strenuous for such a short time after the wreck and sat down slowly.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 11:42:45 pm »
kalaris got to his feet thanking the gods that he had bought a capped wooden quiver for the journey. The leather over his quiver had kept everything dry and the metal bands sealed with waxed hide had sealed it water tight. His dagger was laid out in the sun with it's sheath to stave off rust. He had extra bowstrings in his quiver, but his bowframe was nowhere to be found...otherwise he'd be shooting those crows for food. He pulled his armor off in sections, laying it out to dry and leaving him in pretty much just his underwear.
Ashe squeezed her way through the shipwreck rubble. She was trapped under several large pieces of timber and wreckage, it was a tight space and a larger fur would likely be dead in it "H-HELLO? sOMEONE HELP, I'M STUCK"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:44:27 pm by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 01:19:26 am »
The crows scattered in a flurry of feathers and loud caws as the survivors began to awaken. Gwynn groaned and sat up, quickly feeling for her axes at her belt, then looking around for them when she didnt find them. One, she found lodged edge first in a thick timber, and worked it loose, though the second was nowhere to be seen. "Light's missing..." She muttered, sounding like a naysayer, though she spoke if her axe. She saw Ashe and made her way to her, beginning to try and lift the timber away.

Amducious-
A faint feminine groan came from nearby as Merek sat, originating from a tangle of nets and shreds of sail. It moved slightly as whomever was inside shifted in their unconcious state.

T-Yoshi-
A nearby priest finished talking with some other people and wandered over, looking first at Zara's cut, then secondly at Nico. "Are you two alright, aside from that gash?"

Furenzied-
Seeing Madrek struggle with his things, the foreman, a large bear, found his way over and began pulling anhthing salvageable ashore with a quick glance at Madrek. "Rest well, we will need the help when you can." 

Jacoby- (see above for Ashe.)
Just past the shoreline, closer to the forest, were many saplings perfect for making a new bow, and near the closest one was a sun bleached skull, seemingly from a canine originally.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 06:26:49 am »
Jacoby made a note of the saplings and the skull before looking to the sun to see around what time it was. he noticed Gwynn struggling with the wreckage and heard the voice coming from it and headed over helping to pick things off of the larger pieces she was trapped under so they could lift it.  "This is some turn of events, though we should be glad we hit land, we can't get this big piece off of her until everything else is off first, otherwise we'd be wasting energy"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 08:30:17 am »
Madrek nodded and thanked the pair before slowly moving into the sun to help dry his fur, leaning against a tree a bit for support. He eased into a comfortable position and after a while of sitting he started stretching and feeling his muscles for areas of greater strain. While he was no doctor he could tell some things we're fractured, his left arm, the femur of his right leg and maybe one or two ribs. Thankfully it was mostly heavy brusing and not much more, like the poor captain. He wasn't sure how long they'd need to heal but he'd adjust to work accordingly to not snap off a limb.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 09:50:56 am »
Merek got up and stumbled towards what he heard. "Hey you alright in there?" He looked for whoever may be hurt. He called out again "I'm going to try and find you stay still." The wolf looked around trying to see who it could be. He saw movement and walked a little faster.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:53:34 am by Amducious »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 10:41:04 am »
Zara nodded to the priest "Yeah, save for losing most of my stock. I think i can still walk." Zara said allowing the priest to look over the wound on her leg. "I don't know how the rest of the crew's doing but given our situation i'm sure there's more of us who'd need help." She turned to her son "Nico, love. Would you see how the other members of the crew are faring?"

Nico nodded "Praise to your deity, kind priest. A little banged-up but overall i'm relatively unscathed." Nico answered. He then turned to Zara "Sure mother, I'll see to it. If they can help us certainly they can give a hand of the other crew members." Nico decided to go to the foreman "Pardon but, what's the situation looking like thus far? Anyone...or should i say who among us needs medical attention?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 02:28:19 pm »
Jacoby lifted the last of the smaller pieces of rubble that were on top of what was a good sized section of a cabin wall from the looks of it. The person under it had probably been below decks and gotten tangled in the rubble as they drifted about the waves. "Gonna need you to lift as much as you can from under there, this is a big piece and the more hands we have lifting it the easier it will be to get you free"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 11:06:02 pm »
Amducious-
The movement within the bundle of sail and beta remained steady, something breathing, but whomever was inside didnt struggle or attempt to get out of their bindings, most likely unconcious.

Jacoby-
"There is one beyond your aid, doctor, but there are several who sould use it." Gwynn nodded and hooked her fingers under the wall, her toned body tensing as she heaved.

T-Yoshi-
The foreman glanced at Nico as he hauled another partially damaged crate to shore. "The one behind us seems in pain, young warrior, though I believe your help would be better put to use pulling what we can from the ocean."

"Your wound seems seems non-threatening..." The priest said, straightening up. "We have one grave to dig, thank Lunith it's not more..."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 01:38:55 am »
Merek took out his sword, it was mostly dry and not damaged. He cut threw the rope and sail easily. He eventually reached whoever it was. He carefully cut the ropes around the furson "you'll be ok I'm going to help you out." He turned the furson over and looked for any apparent wounds.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:41:03 am by Amducious »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 03:00:36 am »
"Yeah, ripe shame that is." Zara said, implying the deceased captain. "I'm mostly thankful my son's alright...losing stock and whatnot might be bad, 'specially when it's how you get bread on the table but a life...that's something ya can't easily replace. I should know that..." Zara seemed to get a bit lost in thought as she sat down on a nearby rock, she seemed a bit spaced out, a little lost in her mind.

"Alright, well i'd direct our wounded friend to the priest. He might be able to help, as for salvage duties i'll get right on it." Nico responded. He began to haul a barrel onto the sand from the wreck, it was oddly easy seeing he was rather strong for his age.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 05:59:08 am »
The three of them heaved and the wall finally flipped over, coming loose from the other large timber it was lodged under. Ashe scampered from under it quickly, still pretty wet, and fairly dirty, but very unharmed, her clothes were not even torn. Now that the wall was free it would make a great piece for building a shelter later on, but would still be somewhat difficult to move.

Kalaris walked over to the dead captain, picking up his knife on the way over and began to make cuts near the main veins in his body, bleeding out the corpse. He knew the others would protest but he intended to use the captains body as bait for their food. With any luch a man as large as the captain, cut into smaller bits , would attract enough large game and fish to feed them for a week or so...without luck they wouldn't catch anything and he would be killed for desecrating the corpse...He scoffed at the concept of corpses being somehow sacred, they were going to need food, and this was by far on of the easiest ways to get it.
Ashe stood up, brushing herself off before speaking to everyone loudly "Okay, first things first, I need everyone capable of treating wounds to come to me, line up by severity of wounds, Next I need at least one able bodied fur to start searching for medical supplies, and after that I'll need everyone who has open wounds, and lastly everyone else"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »
Amducious-
The furson inside was a rather small opossum, tribal paint on her face and the exposed portions of her body making it clear she wasn't from the ship with the others. Her forehead had a decent sized bloody gash, slowly dripping blood. She groaned slightly as he rolled her over, the dagger belted to her hip glinting sharply. She didnt appear to be dangerous, but could they trust her enough to let her keep the blade?

Jacoby-
"What're you doing?" Gwynn's axe, Truth, touched lightly against the back of Kalaris' knife, though she sounded more curious than offended, and the way she held her weapon gave no indication of a threat.

Furenzied/T-Yoshi-
"Continue to salvage what you can, young warrior. I will see to our wounded friend." The foreman said, dragging another box to shore as he turned and made his way to Madrek. "Either the doctor or the priest should see to you, my friend... Come, I will take you to them."

"Is there something wrong, sister?" The priest said, seeing Zara's expression. "You can tell me, you know..."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 12:25:36 am »
Merek was slightly surprised by her appearance, hmm you're quite the character, I wonder were your other friends are?. He noticed the dagger and removed it from her "you won't be needing this." He put it in one his pockets in his cloak. He picked her up, the weight like a twig to him. He cradled her, and carried her to the other furs. "This one needs help, she's hurt!" He set her down carefully.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 07:59:19 am »
"The good Captain here is dead, and that night we crashed we were not near a landmass on the map...that means that no one knows this beach is here, and we probably will be here for awhile" His voice was gruff "We can't save the captain, so we use his death to our advantage, with any luck i'll catch a shark"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 08:16:31 am »
Madrek nodded and carefully stood up and thought aloud a bit. "Well...I've had worse happen to me..." he dryly said as he followed the foreman slowly. "I'm no medic but nothing is flopping around on me, good sign at least."
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 12:23:32 pm »
Zara nodded "Yes fair priest, i'm fine...just having a flashback is all. Back before i lost husband." she shook herself a bit as a means of grounding herself so to speak "Happens every so often i've noticed. Now my son wants to be a warrior and i worry for him every day...half the reason i became a merchant i suppose you could say. Had to keep an eye on the boy somehow."

Nico came back to the shore hauling a large crate, lugging it on his shoulder. He sat it on the shore, taking a second to catch his breath. He saw whatever was going on near the captain's remains. He sighed heading back to see what else needed salvaging, "He thinks i'm eating the captain's remains, he absolutely nuts..."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 09:12:26 pm »
Amducious-
As Merek neared the others, the opossum groaned and opened her eyes slightly, not seeing anything in particular. "Bloodmaw... Help..." She muttered, her pink eyes moving up to his face and lingering for a moment, unable to process the image of his face in her semi-concious state.

Furenzied/Jacoby-
The foreman quickly led Madrek to Ashe, recognizing her as the doctor once she was freed from the wreckage. "Doctor, this man may require your expertise. I am needed elsewhere, otherwise I would stay." That said, he returned to the salvage work.

"That's... An interesting plan..." Gwynn said, taking her axe back and quickly folding it up, clipping it onto her belt. "Any way I can help?"

T-Yoshi-
"The warrior's way of life isn't an easy one, but under the right guidance, it is an honorable one..." The priest said, pointing to the shore where Nico was helping with salvage. "He is already good at heart, and his motives are surely pure..."

The foreman returned and helped Nico drag in the last of the salvageable freight, then gestured towards the shore. "These people will require shelter... Come, young warrior, let's build some temporary cover... Get these people out of the elements for the moment."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 09:27:39 pm »
Merek looked into her eyes "you're talking that's good, it'll be all ok. We're going to help you, what is your name?" He softly stroked her fur trying to comfort her. He looked around once more trying to see if anybody would help him.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 02:48:58 am »
"Yeah, he's got a good heart i'll say that...And rather strong and tough to boot." Zara answered. She sighed looking at the plain ring on her finger "He wants to be like his father, the boy. Since he saw his father with a sword, he wanted to be a warrior." she smiled a bit "Seems like simply yesterday that i was buying him his first shield, Now he's really out there fighting and becoming a man...Amazing how time goes so fast."

Nico nodded eagerly "Certainly sir, just tell me what to do!" he followed the foreman. "Probably won't be any manor but it'll be home for the time being...but it ain't the worst conditions i been in for sure, slept in a downpour barely clothed once to condition myself...maybe not my brightest idea but it oddly felt kind of calming."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015, 08:36:38 am »
Ashe started poking and prodding at Madrek, checking for breaks, fractures, and sprains "does it hurt here?"

Kalaris looked up at her "Well, we have two options, land prey, or sea prey, land prey we dig a spike pit, sea prey, we're going to have to find nets or make fishing poles" he frowned "If we go for  a spike pit then we can leave it and check it whenever, but fishing...we'll have to actively fish, good chance of getting food fishing though"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 04:14:30 pm »
"I've been through many battles, so when something actually hurts it's a big problem." Madrek explained. "So yeah, a little. My arm and leg."
Mate of WereCat