Author Topic: Continue the story!  (Read 4630 times)

Offline HazardJackal

Continue the story!
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:43:29 am »
The whole idea here is to continue the story by adding on something of your own.  For example, say i start with: it was a busy day in town city, the whole town in it's usual morning rush.  You respond: One man in this city failed to wake up on time.  A response to this: The man's name was guy person, and he was a office worker.

You may continue with your response as long as you wish, so it doesn't need to be just one or two lines.

Start:

Buford's eyes snapped open as his morning alarm went off.  He jumped out of bed to turn it off, but tripped over his cat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:47:08 am by Trenyth »

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
Re: Continue the story!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:12:30 am »
The cat, obviously disliking such actions reacted by scratch him on the face leaving stinging cuts on his face. He thought to himself " this will not look good for my interview today" as he continues about his daily morning routine, in a more agitated fashion though.

* this almsost seems like it should be in the to section"
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:38 am »
Turning to leave, Buford opens the door with a cup of coffee and steps outside.  It was a fresh winters morning and the hair was bittersweet with chill.  Buford carefully steps down the iced steps.  A sudden gust blows coffee onto his lap as he tumbles to the floor.

Howling in pain he hears someone rush towards him.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:29:47 am »
Buford looks over toward the yell, turns out its Dave, Buford's least favorite neighbor, comming to the rescue. Just great, exactly what I needed, first the cat, then the coffee , and now freaking Dave shows up. Could anything else go wrong?! He thinks to himself as Dave aproaches. Just before save arrives Buford recalls there is road work on the road to his interview.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:32:41 am by korvre »
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:31 pm »
Buford is about to blow a fuse, but then he notices the girl of his dreams walking past of the sidewalk on the other side of the street.  She is a bullfrog by the name Zrudobinookilatuba, or Zru, for short.  (You decide what Buford is)

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »
 being covered in cuts, coffee and in a horrible mood, he tries to hide behind his briefcase so she does not see him in all his beautiful glory of being a complete screw up, to his dismay, she approaches. he wanted to talk to her, just not in his current state.

can buford be a
  (nigel)? also where did the name come from?
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 07:36:21 pm »
Zrudobinookilatuba (Zroo-dobi-new-kill-a-tuba) walked up to him, seeming not to notice his current status. she smiled a freaky toad smile.
"Hey there handsome."

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 07:42:24 pm »
he thought to himself she mocking me isnt she? she's just pretending to not notice in what situation im in.. he tries to smile back and stay calm. " hi Zru, how are you doing? im not in the best situation myself"
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 12:32:20 am »
Zru blushed and looked away,
"oh, you're being rather forward about this all... um, i gotta go."
She hops down the sidewalk.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 12:39:26 am »
Zru blushed and looked away,
"oh, you're being rather forward about this all... um, i gotta go."
She hops down the sidewalk.

im confuzed did zru say that or buford?
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 12:41:11 am »
Zru, although it doesn't matter much in this!  :D

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 12:48:24 am »
okay then

buford, now sure that he is going to be late to his interview slipped back into his flat to get a change of cloths and escape david, he was in no mood to deal with that annoying little runt of a rabbit. as he went back in david was spewing questions but he just ignored and shrugged them off.

( i was kidding about buford being nigel of corse, so i guess he is just buford the unknown for now)
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:45 am »
(How bout Buford the bloodhound!?)

David followed Buford into his house, and into his bedroom, yapping away while Buford was trying to shove him out; he did not want company while he changed into a fresh set of clothes.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 01:11:58 am »
( or buford the sparkley blue prius/living smartcar! :))
( wow david followed him in)

" get out of my flat david!" putting extra emphasis on the david "im trying to change for my interview that im already late for and your not help so JUST GET OUT!"

after having finally having done something successful today ( getting david out) he changed clothes and stepped out of the door to find david just standing there, on his porch, waiting for him.

"what you told me to get out not leave" said david suddenly

buford thought to himself i need a restraining order or something for this guy

( how about we make things color coded, so thought is yellow, and dialogue could just be the standard quotation marks and stuff)
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:22:25 pm »
Before Buford could finish his thoughts, Dave started blabbering his little mouth off again, rambling on about carrots, bad parking jobs, defective window, counterfeit food, and many other things of a nonsensical nature.

Buford picked him up by the ears, which did nothing to stop Dave from sputtering out useless information, and proceeded to throw him into a nearby dumpster.  The rabbit continued to flap his lips, as if nothing had changed.

A local policeman, a duck with no sense of humor or leniency, tapped Buford on the shoulder as he was walking back to his house.  Buford turned around to see a crazed looking duck with eyes as fiery as a burning forest.  the duck took out his beating stick and raised it above his head.

Duck: Hey, buddy, you broke the law.  Its BEATDOWN TIME!!!

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:21 pm »
" now hold on a minuet here officer, this runt here entered my flat, without authorization, and when i requested he leave, he did, however he stayed at the porch and kept babbling on about nonessential topics, and would not go. now if you excuse me sir, i have an interview im already late for, for a multitude of reasons, one being little david here" while pointing at the talking dumpster. " just arrest me or something after my interview, but i need to get to it before im even more late then i already am."

so he started down the sidewalk, toward the nearby building of "Airnet" ( see the reference to terminator? :)) a telemarketer company.

( also do officers still use batons anymore, or is it all tasers, handguns and pepper-spray now?)
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »
(I dunno, but this is no normal cop.  He's with the fuzz.  He's also a former psychopath)

"STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW SO I CAN BEAT THE LIVING TAR OUT OF YOU!!!"

The duck pulls out a punt gun (Can take out a whole flock of geese with a single shot) and shoves it into Buford's mouth

"GET IN THE CAR YOU CRIMINAL SCUM"

(Don't worry, there will not be excessive violence.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:57:43 pm by Trenyth »

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »
(I dunno, but this is no normal cop.  He's with the fuzz.  He's also a former psychopath)

"STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW SO I CAN BEAT THE LIVING TAR OUT OF YOU!!!"

The duck pulls out a punt gun (Can take out a whole flock of geese with a single shot) and shoves it into Buford's mouth

"GET IN THE CAR YOU CRIMINAL SCUM!!!"

( if he was a psychopath why would the government hire him? :) also i dont think WAS is the best term )

shooting his hands up, he wasn't quite sure what do do at this point, but having a punt gun in the mouth doesn't help the thought process he figured it was best to do as duck said. this guy better have a partner with him this guy is crazy! he thought to himself. he tried to talk over the barrel of the gun but all that came out where muffled speech. what he had tried to say was " okay, okay. i will, but where did you get that? are some kind captain jack harkness*?" unfortunately for him the duck pulled the gun out of his mouth just as he got to the last part so the duck heard it clearly. realizing his mistake to late of teasing the duck the duck elbowed him, nocking him out.

* referring to this http://youtu.be/bilZMfsIgLY?t=1m38s
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:22:28 am by korvre »
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »
When Buford awoke, he was in the back seat of a bus.  The duck was nowhere to be seen.  A strange creature with no snout that was hairless except on the top of it's head approached him.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 06:23:43 pm »
he also noticed many other of the strange things, all of then giving him  strange looks. and staying away from him. he decided to dub them "*pinkskins" until he could find out what they were, naked mole rats maybe? he also noticed he was uncomfortable, and found this to be because he was sitting on his fluffy tail due to there being no tail holes, or indents.

the one approaching him said " hi there, um person, i guess, im slartibartfast." with a smile

" slartibartfast?"

"no that not my real name its actually ivan"

" oh okay, im buford. what exactly are you though? and where am i?"

he felt strangely calm.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:24:16 pm by korvre »
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 09:22:31 pm »
Buford is suddenly teleported into an alternate universe in which EVERYTHING is made of Twinkies, down to the molecular level.  Unfortunately, since Buford is not made of Twinkies, a lynch mob forms and attempts to kill him with Twinkieball bats.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 01:55:38 am »
(wha, where did that come from?)

but due to the fact that hostess was shut down AND he arrived during its shut down he was saved by our lord and savior kim jong un. who then proceeded to make all his people ( and buford) " happy" with their favorite thing in all the universe, oppression.
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline TheSilverVixen

• Female
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:24 am »
At this point, it became known that our saviour Kim Jong Un, hallowed be his name, was actually finding himself under the sway of all manner of devils the likes of which Dante's Inferno never even dared mention for fear of striking into the public a mass hysteria hitherto unbeknownst to mankind. Buford, privy to this rare secret, found himself in the rare position of possible being a bad enough dude to save the (dictatorial) president.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 03:10:18 am »
however to all our "dismay" he was too late, and our glorious dictator was replaced by gabe newell the man who cant count to 3 ( so there will be no WWIII)
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 06:32:59 pm »
Buford soon finds himself in the middle of a revolution, as many angry 12 yerar old COD players/trolls have enticed the Hippos of the Amazon, who are lead by Huburt of the Klondike.  A full scale war breaks out as the twinkie-men, the football players, the pinkskins, and PETA all charge into battle.  David sits in the back and says EVERYONE ATTACK!  And it turned into a ballroom blitz!!!  All hell has broken loose, and Buford is right in the middle of it all, utterly confused and terrified. David of course is still yapping his little fuzzy head off about all sorts of things, which greatly adds to the overall chaos.