Author Topic: Way back when...(RP OOC & IC)  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Way back when...(RP OOC & IC)
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »
The life of a city, the ever present and always familiar din of furs of various species bustling through the streets in their busy hordes, blissfully unaware of what the future has in store, the far away rush of vehicles rolling this way and that, men, women, children, living, loving, and laughing, time pressing on ferociously forever, the very definition of constant, closing in, enveloping the world hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second....

All lost, forever, transformed from an "Is" to a "Was" in but the blink of an eye, snuffed out like a candle holding fast against a draft....

Time itself, unaffected in the slightest by such a titanic event, still relentlessly thrusting itself forth, the future, as always unknown, but assuredly bleak, and with no prospects of hope for the world, or what it once was.  

The Black Bear inhaled deeply, pulling the cigarette from his mouth slowly and reluctantly, almost as if it were attached to his tongue by an invisible length of cord. He failed to break from the thousand yard stare that his drained and dirtied face currently adopted, with its messy fur and the small, sun baked clumps of dirt that clung to it, the muzzle thinly covered and scarred in places. Yet, all of its flaws and ill treatment aside, those deep brown eyes, seemingly watery from the unavoidable nostalgia of the times before, burnt away proudly at the horizon, an instinctive hunger to battle on contained within them.

He sighed and looked up with to the stars, a white cloud of smoke billowing from his mouth and nostrils as he did so. Finding solace and a form of comfort at how he still had the honor to look upon something that the paws of furs and their egotistical anger could never change, a quiet reminder of how things were, almost as though he could forget that anything had been altered at all.

"Jeez Tuk! I'm starting to wish i'd never asked" The scrawny looking, and equally shabby and untidy fox chuckled and beckoned to the ursine who let slip a questioning grunt in response, and then rolled his eyes as he rooted in a pocket and flicked his smoking cigarette end away, producing a battered zippo in his paw and slinging it rather unceremoniously in the fox's direction. He stood up and scoffed quietly, "Ha! Of course you'd want me to stop, you're probably to young to remember the times before" he mumbled agitated, but not spiteful. He paused for a moment and narrowed his eyes at him, who narrowed his in return, "And perhaps too young to appreciate how life was without having experienced it yourself...I'd give up the rest of my sorry life for but another day in that world"

The fox looked at the rest of you with a slightly embarrassed, and maybe concerned expression, putting his lighter away, his most prized possession.

Tuk checked his revolver too ensure it was secure in his belt and meandered over to a dirty blue tarpaulin accompanied by an also filthy and decrepit backpack, which he slid under happily, a comfortable squint in his eyes. "I'd suggest you all get some rest, we'll be walking far and long tomorrow, and we start early too!" he shouted over without actually turning back to face the group, then he let go of a rather nasty sounding cough, and slipped away into a cold, uncomfortable and dreamless sleep.

~*~

This is a post apocalyptic RP as you could guess, I opted for a more narrative introduction to combat the boredom of a conventional, vanilla explanation, I tried to write as well as I could if not a little hurriedly however. It is set after the devastation of the world in various bouts of nuclear fire, all of which is due to something that will be revealed later, (Don't whine, it's pertinent to the story, hehe! ^-^) I hope to make this tale an exciting and entertaining one, filled with all of the hazards and drama that you could expect from such a bleak and dystopian environment. My main hope is to keep this unique in its own right, and thoroughly enjoyable to the very end, maybe leading to a sequel!

You'll all start as part of a group of scruffy survivors who've somehow earned each others trust.....maybe, and travel through a story, (Which I shan't spoil in any way just now! ^-^) which will be accompanied by ever changing dangers, places, scenarios, enemies, and twists and turns, along with some of the mental and emotional distress that everyone would go through in such a situation, as everyone attempts to survive on their journey, whilst keeping as firm of a grip as they can on their sanity.

I apologize if I haven't given much away just now, I would rather keep the story flowing with much anticipation, as opposed to nearly explaining what is more or less going to happen. I hope that this doesn't put you off, and I also hope that you are interested and take a dive on this, as i've spent as much free time as I've been able to scrape together, (Which is not much, but enough! X3) planning this, and i'd love to see it in its prime! ^-^ I'd be in utter glee to be able to breathe some more life into the RP boards for you all, and it'd feel just great if you all enjoy it a lot! ^_^

~*~

Character sheets should look like the following one, and I'd expect you all to be aware of the usual rules, and I trust that you'll follow them happily.

Name:
Physical appearance:
History: (This may be TBR, <To Be Revealed> If you desperately so wish, but I would much prefer if you would include a fair amount of character history, as you will start off as a relatively well known member of the small group. Reveal as much as you like if you want to let things come through as we progress, I don't expect a life story from you, just the type of information that other group members would be likely to know of or have been told of by you. ^-^)
Equipment: (Please make sure that it's not too much stuff, just what you'd have in a rucksack, and keep it all believable and understandable in the type of post apocalyptic environment you'll be in, also ensuring that it's in a realistic state of disrepair, Nothing new of course, and this goes for all items, eg, a beat up and faded magazine, or a slightly rusted but working old service revolver, etc.)
Clothing: (It's gonna be old, ragged and dirty! X3 as one could imagine)
Personality:
(This can include likes and dislikes, any flaws you see in your character, and any of their advantages, which can be linked with their history.)

Let me know if you think anything else should be added to the character sheets, fill them out, ask questions, help me out and give this a go, and hopefully, enjoy yourselves! :D

Now i'll leave this as it is for now so that I can get ready for bed, and watch Ed Miliband make a fool of himself on the Agenda!
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Way back when...(RP OOC & IC)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »
Here is a quotable version of the character sheet skeleton for your ease of use ^-^

Name:
Physical appearance:
History:
Equipment:
Clothing:
Personality:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:59:43 am by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »
For starters, reading the intro made me feel like i was reading a story, and well i want to know more of what happens so i am in!

Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:04 pm »
I'm considering dropping a few of my own RP projects just to join this...  Seriously, i'm that impressed by your intro.

I'll let you know by the end of today.

EDIT: The dice have spoken.  I will not be joining this RP... as much as i want to...  :'(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:32:13 pm by Tren »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:04:44 pm »
Placeholder
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:19 pm »
Name: Valarius: Called Val for short
Species: Warg
Physical appearance: 6'2" 152lb. He has dark brown fur and stormy blue eyes. He also sports a scar above his right eye on his forehead.
History: Valarius, comes from a middle-upper class family. When such a thing mattered in the world, he studied Criminal Psychology in college, but never even got to finish his Bachelors before this Nuclear Winter set upon them. He never saw his mother again after that day, he didn't understand why he survived, but figured the thickness of the concrete of the building he was in shielded him from most of the damage and radiation. After he came to terms with this and the death of his friends and family, he set off on his own, stopping by what remained of his house to grab 3 things, a cross given to him as a gift, a picture of his mother, and a book he had set out to finish reading. He stuffed these three items into an old backpack, it still held together, but it had seen its fair share of wear and tear made noticeable by a large Matrix patch on the front of it. Once he had gathered up his few items he set out to God knows where he traveled for days marking every day in his book. After only a few weeks, he felt very tired and weak, he just wanted to close his eyes and just give in to the tired emptiness, but something wouldn't let him, and that something is the group he now travels with. While he may not be entirely trusting of the, or he may not speak a lot, he owes them a great deal and will do his damnedest to protect his new....family
Equipment: Carries around the aforementioned backpack, he has a sewing kit and some flint in the backpack. Also has stowed away some medical bandage wraps and a small blanket, it may have holes, but at least it provides some warmth. Carries a rusty hatchet, but it get's the job done.
Clothing: Wears his mothers old black paramedic pants, the colour faded in some areas making them look grayish. Military surplus boots, they had definitely seen their fair share of traveling, but they still have a few more miles left in them. His undershirt was once a pure white Armani shirt, but now it is tattered and slightly browning from the constant contact with dirt. He wears an old and weathered  bomber jacket over the shirt, the leather is obviously cracked and worn, but it provides much needed protection to the elements.
Personality: Critical of those around him, given his history in psychology he tends to study people a lot and has no problem telling them the truth even if they don't want to hear it, as a result people talked to him less because they didn't constantly like being analyzed and scrutinized for every thing they said or every facial expression they made, because of this he closed himself off a bit from people showing them only what he wanted to.. He may come off as abrasive and rude sometimes, but deep down those he cares about he cares for and loves deeply and is willing to do damn near anything to save their lives.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:54:08 am by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »
Hmm, like the storybook intro...will consider.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 04:19:59 am »
EDIT: The dice have spoken.  I will not be joining this RP... as much as i want to...  :'(

You don't need to live your life by a dice buddy, c'mon, if you really do want to, then take a break and join in, it's not like I make these often.....or ever :D

Also, Sea if it's okay, please could you change your age to leave around an 8 to 10 year gap, seeing as that is about how, long it's been sice the flash? Thanks! ^-^ (Nobody knows the real date, and can only guess the month based on the sun and stars....If they had experience in that type of thing :D)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:40:13 am by The bear guy »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 10:53:36 am »
the stars said it happened 2156 and he was born 2136 see it works! i'll fix it no worries.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:17 pm »
I was thinking more alonng the lines of about 2024 XD

Also, I made this in a few minutes and then forgot to post it....

Happy Trails!....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:01:47 pm by The bear guy »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 02:32:17 pm »
new vegas or fallout?

i fixed his age.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 03:16:19 pm »
I think I really want to play in this one.  Got to come up with something.  How long ago did the apocalypse take place?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 05:03:31 pm »
new vegas or fallout?

i fixed his age.

:D Haha! Timelord eh? Let's just say he's a timelord who looks like he's in his early thirties X3

And, I took it from a fallout 3 poster, and replaced the billboard display with my political candidacy on, and then converted it into an old looking picture X3

I think I really want to play in this one.  Got to come up with something.  How long ago did the apocalypse take place?

It's supposed to have happened around this period of time, just after the newly elected Furtopian president Bjorn started a war that he nofur would ever win......so the post apocalyptic world where we will be is about 10 years from now ^-^ that
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:07:18 pm by The bear guy »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 05:04:15 pm »
Fantastic!
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »
X3 Remember, no interference in alien affairs!

Must be more furs interested? ^-^

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 09:03:49 pm »

You don't need to live your life by a dice buddy, c'mon, if you really do want to, then take a break and join in, it's not like I make these often.....or ever :D
I'm bound by fate to the dice... i cannot question their judgment... :'(

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 01:09:11 pm »
I'm bound by fate to the dice... i cannot question their judgment... :'(

....Okay

Anyfur else interested? ^-^

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »
Name: Deuce

Species: Ferret

Physical appearance: Tall and thin, with cinnamon colored fur and black guard hairs, paws and feet are pure black and a faint darkened mask around his eyes.

History: Deuce used to work at a nuclear power plant before the collapse of civilization.  He was a radiation protection technician.  In his spare time he tinkered with electronics.  When the bombs dropped he happened to be out in the wilderness on a fishing trip.  He had some supplies in his car, and bartered with other travelers he met.  His tinkering has managed to keep some salvaged equipment going in exchange for food.

Equipment: A survival knife, a old Geiger counter jury-rig attached to a hand-pump generator, a hand full or wires and electric components and half a spool of solder wire, a magnifying glass, a small tool case with wire cutters, needle nose pliers and a flame heated soldering iron, worn blue plastic tarp and a mummy bag.  All tools are worn and dull.

Clothing: An over-sized bomber jacket, layers of torn and scrapped shirts, torn blue jeans with cotton pants underneath, worn leather boots missing their laces and tied up with scraps of cloth and a dingy red baseball cap.

Personality: Deuce is an obsessive tinkerer, he would easily put himself in danger to look at scraps of technology.  The years of living in the wilderness has worn him down physically, but he still finds joy looking for the technology of the past.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 03:27:54 pm »
Accepted Mr Bishop ^-^

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 03:46:37 pm »
Well we have a Chesspiece and The Doctor
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 08:44:05 am »
*blinks* Chess-piece?  Who me?

(I'm just playing the confused card, if you are following me)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:56:14 am by Remley Bishop »

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »
I'll do my card sometime this weekend. ^-^

Is anyfur else interested? It won't be boring, and there will be action ,and twists, and lots of problems, and different environments/places ^-^

...Along with my secret plot line ;)

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 05:24:23 pm »
The dice forbid me from taking part, but you better believe i'll be watching this. ;)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 05:49:37 pm »
Name: Sunny Miles
Species: Lynx
Physical appearance: Yellow and white striped fur, 5'10", 136 lbs.
History: TBR. (I want to reveal it dramatically and have it as a small story element)
Equipment: One shake flashlight, A combat knife, A M1911 handgun with two extra mags of ammo, an old comic book, three bottles of water, five cans of food, and a blanket sewn together with a pillow.
Clothing: Old, slightly torn white tanktop along with multiple stains from sweat, blood, and a little food. Blue cargo pants with holes on the knees. Black combat boots to protect her feet to which in safe environments, loves to go barefoot.
Personality: Seems pretty smart mouthed towards others, but in a joking manner. However she does have a temper and doesn't like being underestimated. Hates to ask for help when she actually needs it. Overall, she can work with others fine and is friendly enough, but gives extreme hostility and caution to strangers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:40:03 pm by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 07:18:56 pm »
Now we have the Sun, a Chess piece, and The Doctor. Fantastic!
Sarzon! <-- inside joke