Author Topic: Anyone think Bethesda will make a Elder Scrolls 6?  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Axelfox

• Species: Red fox
  • Male
Anyone think Bethesda will make a Elder Scrolls 6?
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:01:39 pm »
Cause i have read rumors online and such and was wondering if there will be a sequel to Skyrim.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Anyone think Bethesda will make a Elder Scrolls 6?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 03:22:47 pm »
Eventually yes, but not for many years. Any rumors at this point are just rumors.
Bethesda boss Todd Howard stated at E3 2016 that Bethesda's internal studio is "working on" Elder Scrolls 6, but that the project is a "long way off". Bethesda is currently working on seven other projects, two of which are larger than anything it has previously done, neither of which are ES6.

We're guessing it won't reach pre-production until these other products are complete.

"I think it's good in these moments to tell our fans, 'Yes, of course we are. It's something we love.' But it is - you know, I have to be careful what I say - it's a very long way off," continued Howard.

"And we actually have two other large projects we're also doing that are bigger than anything we've done," he continued. "People will probably hear about those probably even before Elder Scrolls 6. And that'll make sense many years from now.

"We think very long-term. We're not a developer that's going to rush something like this out. When you think about what is the future of that kind of game, we have a pretty good idea of what that's going to be, and it's just going to take technology and time we don't necessarily have right now."

Pete Hines, slapped down hopes rather more severely later that month, stating that the team isn't working on The Elder Scrolls 6 at all yet, but they will make it one day.

@HotShame0 we aren't working on TES6 at the moment
— Pete Hines (@DCDeacon) June 25, 2016

Various leaks suggest it may not appear until 2019.

Also I strongly doubt it will be that linked to Skyrim, just like none of the other games have been that closely linked to the ones before - parts are referenced, but the exact events of previous games are kept intentionally vague. So it won't be a sequel to Skyrim as much as it would be a game set int he same universe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:26:13 pm by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 03:21:03 pm »
Indeed.

I also know they have '2 other project' they said they were working on. Probably different branches but it still might slow development of TESVI. I wouldn't get too impatient. It's going to be a while especially if they try to make it bigger than Skyrim AND if they are working on other projects.

Bethesda seems to deliver what they announce well. So I wouldn't worry too much about it's quality.

I think Loc nailed the sequel part. It probably won't be a direct sequel as each ES has its own story that is set about 200 years apart from one another give or take some decades.
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:10:29 pm »
Well, not always 200 years actually. Not even close.

Arena was set in 3E 399.
Daggerfall was set in 3E 405 - 6 years after Arena. (Daggerfall also officially ended 12 years later, in 417).
Morrowind was in 3E 427 - 22 years after Daggerfall started.
Oblivion in 3E 433 - 6 years after Morrowind.

Skyrim broke the trend by being 201 years after Oblivion.

And then you have Redguard and Elder Scrolls Online. Both being set in 2E, about 400 years before Arena. And there is a lot of debate about when Battlespire was set, so I won't even try and explain that one. But the vast majority of games (especially as some do not consider ESO to be canon - I think they are wrong, it is canon, like it or not) are clumped close together.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:20:39 pm by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:02:02 pm »
Well, not always 200 years actually. Not even close.

Arena was set in 3E 399.
Daggerfall was set in 3E 405 - 6 years after Arena. (Daggerfall also officially ended 12 years later, in 417).
Morrowind was in 3E 427 - 22 years after Daggerfall started.
Oblivion in 3E 433 - 6 years after Morrowind.

Skyrim broke the trend by being 201 years after Oblivion.

Yeah, it was just general. I didn't know about Arena lr Daggerfells times but I had a general idea of the years. Skyrim had the biggest gap though. Makes me wonder if ESIV could possibly take place before skyrim. Very Improbable though.

And then you have Redguard and Elder Scrolls Online. Both being set in 2E, about 400 years before Arena. And there is a lot of debate about when Battlespire was set, so I won't even try and explain that one. But the vast majority of games (especially as some do not consider ESO to be canon - I think they are wrong, it is canon, like it or not) are clumped close together.

The thought of ESO being canon gives me creeps as I personally dont like ESO. I won't dismiss the possible fact that it is though. x_x
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:11:12 am by Rainy »
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Klondike

• Species: Wolf
  • Howdy :3
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 02:03:53 am »
I do believe they are, or rather, will be working on an Elder Scrolls 6 title. I seem to remember a rumor that the next installment in the series would take place in the Black Marsh. Highly doubt its true, but who knows. I do remember there being mention that Bethesda would be working on two new IPs that were not related to Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
Awooo~

"Werewolf?"

"There wolf... there castle."

-Mel Brooks, Young Frankenstein-

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 08:27:37 pm »
I think they will, and I believe it will take place in Akavir. It's the only interesting place they have left imo. Plus think of the new beast races they could add..... Tsaesci, Tang Mo, Ka'po'tun, maybe an actual Akavir as well? They could do so much with this place!
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Shim

• Male

Offline Orthnasa

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:09 pm »
While everyone's waiting, Enderal is a great skyrim overhaul/mod. Entirely new graphics, story, characters, and more. Unfortunately there's no beast races.  :(