Author Topic: Ukraine vs. Russia  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Ukraine vs. Russia
« on: February 26, 2022, 02:50:20 pm »
First, let me say in this thread that I support Ukraine. I hope they kick Russia's tail.
Second, for any furries in Ukraine, please stay safe.

By now, most of you have been watching the news regarding Russia's invasion of the country of Ukraine. Putin has vowed to retake Ukraine back into the "Soviet fold" so to speak as he believes Ukraine has, and always will, be a part of Mother Russia. Ukranians however, see things differently and have vowed to continue fighting for their freedom and independence.

What are everybody's thoughts on this conflict? Will sanctions by the U.S. and Europe hurt Russia? Will NATO get involved in the fighting? Could this ultimately lead to WWIII? Your guess is as good as mine.

Updates from CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-26-22/index.html

If you want some really good military reporting and updates, I'd suggest reading articles from The War Zone here:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Ukraine vs. Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 11:14:07 am »
Things just got a little bit more uglier as Putin has ordered his deterrence forces.......which include nuclear forces.......to be placed on alert.  :o
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/26/europe/ukraine-russia-invasion-sunday-intl-hnk/index.html

Either because of this action, or due to the whole war which started days ago, the U.S. has gone from DEFCON 5  to DEFCON 4. And if you don't know what that means, read here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 10:28:39 am »
9/11 was Defcon 3.  That was bad enough.
I never lived during Cuban missile crisis, but that was Defcon2 and the doomsday clock was about run out, right?

I DO worry about Putin using nukes.  This is obviously no joking matter.  Some is posturing but Russia has nuclear arms.  So it can't be thought of a all a bluff.
I fear that if Putin uses one nuke, all heck breaks loose.  No one is ready for that.  Everything needs to be done, to avoid it.
Where I live is a PRIME target for nukes.  Think the place that controls USA's GPS satellites etc.  Think NORAD.  If Putin somehow launches a nuke here, I am toast.

Putin and Russia are believed to have 54Megaton thermonuclear bombs.  That is enough to vaporize an island.
So according to OUR rules Russia is on Defcon 2 or maybe 1?  We are taking it easy at Defcon 4?

My fathers grandparents are all from Ukraine.  My fathers father used to go to a Ukrainian catholic church in America.  So in some way I have "connections" there.  My father is livid with Russia over this (mostly Putin).
I myself do not feel that same level of connection, but am stunned this is happening.  I am glad Ukrainian peoples are giving Putin a good show so far!

I think the sanctions will hurt Putin some, but he will not give up.  I would like to remind people that when he said troops were pulling back, they instead increased.  He lies about everything.
Never trust him, diplomacy does not work on him.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 05:51:44 am »
Second, for any furries in Ukraine, please stay safe.
ESSSSSS-loads of Furries in Russia. I hope they stay safe.

"Updates from CNN":

If CNN told me that 2+2= 4 I'd check with a reliable source like Wolfram. If I heard on CNN that the sun was rising in the east, I'd look west. As for Putin, he doesn't want NATO on his doorstep any more than America would like to see Russian military bases outside Mexicali, Juarez, or Tijuana.

America doesn't have a dog in this fight, and needs to mind our own business.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:58:32 am »
I can't help but wonder if the work by Putin to secure the nuclear power plants is not only an obvious attempt to control literal "power" in the area, and thus get what he wants, but he could use these places as dirty bombs if he is "forced" (gets mad).

If Ukraine survives, can they join NATO?
(Name that tune!)

Offline Chewy, God of Rats

• Species: Rat
  • Professional Gambler, Peaked in High School
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 01:22:58 am »
Am I the only one who thinks Putin has declining health and thats what caused this new aggression in the first place?
Mating is temporary, the stench of cheese is forever

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 04:18:47 pm »
I have wondered if he had not just worsening health, but if he is losing his mind.

Are you saying that the loss of health, is like losing control, and by controlling Ukraine, he is showing he can control something and has power over something again, even if not over time?
(Name that tune!)

Offline DDD

• Species: White Tiger
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 04:08:52 am »
Hopefully the people of Russia kick Putin out of power, and declare peace with Ukraine, and vow to help them rebuild.
It might be a chance for the two countries to build a good relationship.

As others have said: May all those in Ukraine stay safe. I would like to add: May those in Russia who are suffering due to Putin's decisions also stay safe. May all of your futures be soon be filled with peace.

DDD
Those who cannot walk, but can imagine, can fly.
Those who can walk, but cannot imagine, are limited to walking.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 07:14:05 pm »
Russia is getting it's butt tail whooped!
Dad follows the war news then tells me.
Am I the only laughing at the name Putin?  :D

@DDD
I hope so too. As they say play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Also reminds me of warrior cats
Riverclan and Thunderclan fighting over the sunning rocks.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 01:45:00 pm »
Part of why Ukraine is Kicking Putin's nads is because we are supplying them with arms.
I do wonder what this is doing long term for USA and its relations to other places.  Will our support hurt us later, or will it help us later?

What a mess this has turned out to be, but so far Ukraine is licking them.
I do gasp at the depravity which has apparently transpired on the part of some Russian troops how they loot, execute civilians from behind like cowards, and the other atrocities. 
But it is a war...
(Name that tune!)

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 02:23:16 pm »
We've been helping the Ukrainians resupply (else they'd run out of bullets before the Russians ran out of soldiers), but what has really helped them during the conflict is the training they had with NATO troops prior to it all starting. Their tactics are 60+ years ahead of the Russian military, and it's showing on the battlefield.

It's been somewhat akin to the Finnish Winter War for the Russians; outdated equipment and terrible tactics bogging down their far larger force against a better trained, better equipped opponent making a mockery of their military.