Author Topic: Convention Host  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Natura Wolf

Convention Host
« on: February 08, 2013, 10:20:40 am »
Hey there,

Has this site thought about having a project forum to enable furries to create projects and gatherings for people to come to.

Perhaps even to discuss the future of Furtopia or even to enable furtopia to open it's very own Convention.

WHat do you think

I know it's outt here

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Convention Host
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:06:04 am »
Can you elaborate a bit further on what you mean?

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:52 am »
Well creating a Project Category forum and getting people together to discuss about perhaps:
1). Designing a Furtopia Convention
2). Discussion and R&D on a way to reach out of city furries
3). Discussion and R&D on a way to edcuate and strengthen the Furry society.

If i'm not making sense I will argue I'm very sleepy so the ideas and voices in my head are kinda stuck there.
But basically a forum to allow people to form events and extend Furtopia :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 11:54:42 am »
If i'm not making sense I will argue I'm very sleepy so the ideas and voices in my head are kinda stuck there.
But basically a forum to allow people to form events and extend Furtopia

No need to create another forum as the Suggestion Forum kinda fits for people to discuss and "suggest" new ideas for Furtopia.

As far as a "true" dedicated Furtopia Convention, I suspect WhiteShepherd and Kada-Ru would have to give their "blessings" on that.

As for your other stuff, I'll reply more when I get home from work tonight.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:44:07 pm »
Furtopia has had several "projects" in the past to either help people and/or educate people about furs and furriness, etc. These projects were started by WhiteShepherd and Kada-Ru long ago. A few were known as "Arts for Kids" and had furs and some fursuiters go to hospitals and interact with sick children and draw art for them. Another project was Furtopia collecting money and goods for Hurricane Katrina victims long ago.

And almost every year, we have a Furtopia Christmas Gift Exchange for whatever Furtopian members wish to participate.

A Furtopian Convention sounds nice, but I tend to feel this might be something not really forseeable in the near future. Conventions are large affairs and require LOTS of planning, time, staff, logistics, and especially MONEY. Furtopia has had smaller "social gatherings" at cons in the past such as room pizza parties for Furtopian members hosted by WS and Kada, and also had a few Furtopian campouts in Tenn. or Kentucky if I remember correctly. Neither of these gatherings were big affairs. Just small gatherings of a few dozen Furtopians or whoever could make it.

Whether or not any of the activities I've mentioned in my post here continue in the future, any new activities would most likely have to get approved by the staff and WhiteShepherd.

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:41:39 am »
Thank you for listening to me :)

That is pretty amazing what you've already achieved :)