Author Topic: Where to Find YouTube Downloader/File Converter for Parody Review Video  (Read 6341 times)

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
I want to do a comedy review video a la The Nostalgia Critic, and I'm trying to figure out how to get clips of the old show I'm reviewing the way he does. (Or any way that's free, easy and virus-free). I need to get the clips into a format that will be editable in Windows Movie Maker and/or Adobe Premiere. As I understand it, both criticism and parody (this video will be both) are covered as Fair Use under U.S. Copyright Law, so using the clips should be okay. On a Google search, I found some YouTube Downloaders and FLV file converters, but I'm scared of computer viruses due to some bad experiences in the last couple years, so I figured someone on here would know which ones are safe. I'm currently working on the video with stills, but all the other Nostalgia Critic imitators use video clips.

Thanks,

Brent
(animagusurreal)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:11:17 pm by animagusurreal »

DA         FA

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
Re: Where to Find YouTube Downloader/File Converter for Parody Review Video
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 10:37:07 am »
I know nothing about what you are trying to do animagusurreal, but I do know WS put a thing on my comp that prevents scripts automatically popping up on your comp when you go to a site.  It has done wonders for me.  You will have to contact him and ask him what it is.  What it does is when you go to a web site it doesn't allow any scripts to be loaded.  You have to manually allow them.  This helps keep down all the viruses from sites one visits.  As for the viruses from video downloaders I have no idea about those either.  Sorry.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of what you are wanting to do can post something here for you.

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:30:09 am »
There's this great free tool (read: not shareware, completely free) called SUPER video converter which basically does everything, and isn't that hard to use.

http://www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html

Virus/spyware free too. That should be able to do what you need.

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »
Thanks, McMagik! :) I've downloaded it.

Do you happen to know where I could find a YouTube FLV file downloader too?

Thank you too, Kada-ru :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:09:36 pm by animagusurreal »

DA         FA

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 08:16:46 pm »
Thank you!!! :) :) :)

I'll give you and Furtopia a "thank you" mention in the credits when I finally get this video done. (Still haven't done the videotaping of myself yet, and on my old computer, it took about 72 hours to transfer a 20 minute video to an editable format, so it could be a while :) )

EDIT - I have since been able to get them to transfer in 15 - 30 minutes on my mother's newer computer using the "edit" function to select which parts I need to transfer (which didn't work on my computer). Anyhow, thanks again! :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:30:51 pm by animagusurreal »

DA         FA