Author Topic: Bad Furry habits  (Read 78128 times)

Offline Wrangell

• Male
Re: Bad Furry habits
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2013, 02:03:59 am »
I hold and pick up things in my mouth all the time!  :D I find it pleasing somehow and it can be very useful, so I guess it's not a bad habit, but not your average Joe kind of thing   
Keep Smiling

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2013, 03:28:42 am »
i cant think of any bad habits. but a few things furry like i do are, roll around, some times when i don't want to say hi (i don't like responding "hi" after some one said hi to me for some reason :3) i just say "bark" or "Woof". also when ever people get into a strange conversation like what animals other people are i always say im a artic wolf/fox.

funny thing is when ever i get in to a conversation like that it's always girls im talking to well... makes sense why i don't talk to boys at my school about maybe 90-96% of them are complete morons very very immature. at least with girls it's maybe 50-70% morons and immature. i guess it's true that girls mature faster than boys :3 i only talk to a very males at my school maybe about 12 out of 650 people

Offline Scupper

• Species: Fox dog thingy.
  • Male
« Reply #402 on: October 02, 2013, 12:34:39 am »
Hmmm....

I've got a few. Most of them have already been said. Here they are anyway. Scratching behind the ears, holding things in my mouth, using my head as another hand. An example would be using my chin to put pressure on a screwdriver while holding a wire in one paw and using the driver with the other. Oh and calling my hands and feet paws. I also growl at people all the time, even before I knew what a fur was. actualy I growl at all things that irritate me especially loud noises My co-worker found out that if he fake shoots me I will play dead so that happens every once and a while. I've bitten people, and hard too. I've also fallen asleep curled up at peoples feet. Turning to jello when people pet me. Begging to be petted. I'm sure there are more just nothing else is coming to mind now.

In my opinion the only thing that makes these bad habits is that I'm a 27yo railroad mechanic and I'm the only furry I know. However I must say most everyone close to me including most of my co-workers know I'm a fur and no one seems to care.
You know these people. They go to sleep, they think everything’s fine, everything’s good.... Then they wake up and they're on fire.

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #403 on: December 14, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »
Ok here are a few of my habits (not all furry related or bad): - Adding to the list as I scroll through and read all the comments
I curl up when i get to sleep for warmth (depending on the weather. If its hot I can't do this. I do live in Australia)

I find the floor more comfortable than furniture (if its fairly clean carpet)

I randomly bounce up and down sometimes when I'm bored or want to see over someone in a crowd.

I eat food extremely fast (except for breakfast. I struggle eating breakfast foods)

I'm awkward in social interactions with people whom I don't know. Even with people I do know I hardly ever show facial expressions. I almost never show people my teeth (this may have something to do with not being able to show facial expressions because I wore braces for 2 years)

I like the run :D However I can't wearing formal uniform at school. Formal uniform sucks! (Even when I was younger I would run in shopping centres because there so open. However occasionally I'd get told off by security guards. They think running is suspicious and dangerous. I have a nice habit of running around object and people quickly. However my stamina lacks when it comes to playing Chasee) Also at school on Friday I ask my friend "wanna go for a run?" "wanna go for a run?" "Wanna go for a run?"  ;)

I shake my head/body after a shower to get rid of excess water before using a towel

Also. Sometimes I can be very defensive of my personal space. (Sometimes I think I just need to chill)

I also tend to use my feet more often as a weapon rather than my hands.

I tend to only talk to people in my "pack" (group) and avoid anyone else. This is also due to my lack of social skills. However I find it easy to talk to people with common interests. (I'm also a bit of a nerd ^.^)

When I get annoyed I growl by saying "grr"  (I did this before I know I was a Furry :D)

My cat headbutts me :P I lay on the floor and he falls sideways to my side with his head next to mine.

I've read (on this forum post) that some people go up stairs on all fours. This makes sense as it is easier to judge where the next stair is. I think I've done this a few times as a kid but there are no stairs. There is absolutely no stairs in existence that I use frequently and allot of the stairs are outdoors and made of concrete. I do however think this would be very efficient for  indoor wooden stairs.

I used to have the habit of forgetting to breath when running ^.^ I think I still do actually. (I breath a little. Not as much as I should - I have a large lung capacity but most of the time I take short calm breaths) Also I sigh occasionally. It's not that I'm annoyed. It's actually that I need to breath.

Licking plates and knives clean (unless they're sharp knives)

Hiss at my cat when he's been bad

I don't chew things (other than food) but occasionally I just hold things in my mouth :)

I Smell my hands to see if their clean. Metal and money have a distinctive smell. However blood can smell like money :/ I've had my nose Cauterized recently so everything smells a bit like blood. (So I guess Money, Blood and metal have a similar smell) (I used to do this but I was told by my family that It's weird - meh. So I now do that less frequently.)

Drinking out of a tap directly by tilting my head sideways. (I do this when I only need a sip of water or am too lazy)

i found out yesterday that leather belts taste like coffee....
I thought it had more of a subtle taste? Weak coffee?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:55:20 am by Sciex »

Offline Mylo

« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2013, 12:15:56 am »
Drinking out of a tap directly by tilting my head sideways. (I do this when I only need a sip of water or am too lazy)

I thought this was just a normal thing...

Offline Zedd

• Male
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2013, 12:20:01 am »

I thought this was just a normal thing...
Me too...
Never turn down tea if it's offered. It's impolite and that's how wars start.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2013, 02:17:16 am »
Thus I stated not all furry related ^.^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:27:52 am by Zoo ^__^ »

Offline Mylo

« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2013, 02:25:21 am »
Thus I stated not all fury related ^.^

haha didn't see that

Bad habit: Scanning through things instead of reading them.

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »
Sometimes, in the morning when I have to get ready for school, my parents flick on the lights. I just let out a sorta "Ack!" sound. But, they're starting to sound more and more like barks...
GameMaster Status!

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #409 on: December 22, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »
When ever my dad dose that to me i growl
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2014, 12:02:26 am »
hey sciex i do practically everything that you do except for the uniforms and hiss at the cat thing. :)
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »
I find myself doggy paddling in water polo because of my fursona and laugh, people just stare awkwardly. And I also do all of those except for the thing with asking to run on Fridays, and the uniform thing, we don't really have uniforms in America. I also usually don't have to jump to see over people cuz I'm pretty tall, but if I have to I almost always do, and my parents are just like "chill, u aren't an animal", and I'm subconsciously like " I sorta am sooo... do I keep doing it?" XD

(This is in reply of sciex's post).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:16:55 pm by BassCreator »

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #412 on: May 20, 2014, 06:48:22 am »
Well. I'm the 3rd tallest person at my fairly small school. I still jump occasionally and it's not always to see over people. Sometimes I just jump up to the height of the tallest people (and slightly higher) just for fun ^^

Sometimes now I catch myself jumping over something and then wondering how I did it. Last week on Friday I jumped over a desk  to get to a seat before someone else and today I jumped over a chair to get a seat before someone else. I'm most active on Fridays because that's when I wear the less annoying sports uniform and I can actually walk and move more freely compared to formal uniform which even makes walking difficult.

@BassCreator I have also found myself doggy paddling :) I really like to swim under water but I have a problem with chlorine.. I just can't stand it and it hurts my eyes so bad. I swam in a salt pool once at my cousins place and that was really fun ^^
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:59:42 am by Sciex »

Offline JD

• Male
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2014, 04:37:20 pm »
I hold and pick up things in my mouth all the time!  :D I find it pleasing somehow and it can be very useful, so I guess it's not a bad habit, but not your average Joe kind of thing  

I do that too :D

Ok here are a few of my habits (not all furry related or bad): - Adding to the list as I scroll through and read all the comments
I curl up when i get to sleep for warmth (depending on the weather. If its hot I can't do this. I do live in Australia)

I find the floor more comfortable than furniture (if its fairly clean carpet)

I randomly bounce up and down sometimes when I'm bored or want to see over someone in a crowd.

I eat food extremely fast (except for breakfast. I struggle eating breakfast foods)

I'm awkward in social interactions with people whom I don't know. Even with people I do know I hardly ever show facial expressions. I almost never show people my teeth (this may have something to do with not being able to show facial expressions because I wore braces for 2 years)

I like the run :D However I can't wearing formal uniform at school. Formal uniform sucks! (Even when I was younger I would run in shopping centres because there so open. However occasionally I'd get told off by security guards. They think running is suspicious and dangerous. I have a nice habit of running around object and people quickly. However my stamina lacks when it comes to playing Chasee) Also at school on Friday I ask my friend "wanna go for a run?" "wanna go for a run?" "Wanna go for a run?"  ;)

I shake my head/body after a shower to get rid of excess water before using a towel

Also. Sometimes I can be very defensive of my personal space. (Sometimes I think I just need to chill)

I also tend to use my feet more often as a weapon rather than my hands.

I tend to only talk to people in my "pack" (group) and avoid anyone else. This is also due to my lack of social skills. However I find it easy to talk to people with common interests. (I'm also a bit of a nerd ^.^)

When I get annoyed I growl by saying "grr"  (I did this before I know I was a Furry :D)

My cat headbutts me :P I lay on the floor and he falls sideways to my side with his head next to mine.

I've read (on this forum post) that some people go up stairs on all fours. This makes sense as it is easier to judge where the next stair is. I think I've done this a few times as a kid but there are no stairs. There is absolutely no stairs in existence that I use frequently and allot of the stairs are outdoors and made of concrete. I do however think this would be very efficient for  indoor wooden stairs.

I used to have the habit of forgetting to breath when running ^.^ I think I still do actually. (I breath a little. Not as much as I should - I have a large lung capacity but most of the time I take short calm breaths) Also I sigh occasionally. It's not that I'm annoyed. It's actually that I need to breath.

Licking plates and knives clean (unless they're sharp knives)

Hiss at my cat when he's been bad

I don't chew things (other than food) but occasionally I just hold things in my mouth :)

I Smell my hands to see if their clean. Metal and money have a distinctive smell. However blood can smell like money :/ I've had my nose Cauterized recently so everything smells a bit like blood. (So I guess Money, Blood and metal have a similar smell) (I used to do this but I was told by my family that It's weird - meh. So I now do that less frequently.)

OMG, i do pretty much all of those things :D :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:40:30 pm by JD »

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2014, 02:27:04 pm »
I licked my hands in public once, it was kind of awkward... :-[

Offline Rocurna

• Female
« Reply #415 on: May 29, 2014, 07:46:28 am »
Oh wow, I didn't even realize how many I had until I read this list.
I purr. All the damn time.
I also meow and trill a lot, fortunately, my family and all of my previous partners have found it adorable.
I like to sit in high places, or just anywhere that people don't sit.
I bite. a lot. but it's almost always affectionate, and I warn people.
I rub my head on people I like.
I like my head pet.
I hiss, usually in half-fun, half-serious.
I lick my hands too!
I chew on anything remotely string-like. I don't buy expensive headphones, ever.
I sniff the air and my food a lot.
I talk to my housecats, in a mixture of human words and cat sounds.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:40:49 pm by Rocurna »

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #416 on: May 31, 2014, 07:54:44 am »
I licked my hands in public once, it was kind of awkward... :-[
Who doesn't lick their hands? :P Licking a plate a friends house on a formal occasion is even more awkward. I did however achieve it without anyone noticing ^^

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #417 on: May 31, 2014, 10:06:58 am »
Who doesn't lick their hands?
I don't >.> I hate my hands feeling dirty, and anything having licked them (myself, a dog, anything) makes my tiny little brain freak out until I go and wash them.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2014, 12:28:32 pm »
I lick my hands when they are sticky from food. I only do it if they are relatively clean.

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #419 on: May 31, 2014, 12:32:22 pm »
Licking hands?  I try to avoid that - skin just tastes nasty :P
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »
I might be a cannibal... :goldbloody:   nah, jk.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2014, 08:20:57 am »
Who doesn't lick their hands?
I don't >.> I hate my hands feeling dirty, and anything having licked them (myself, a dog, anything) makes my tiny little brain freak out until I go and wash them.
Only if my hands are fairly clean. I wash my hands regulary ^^ Not too much though, because I get dermatitus. I used to have an allergic reaction to most soaps. I wonder why...

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #422 on: September 11, 2014, 10:54:04 am »
Let's see I sniff/smell almost everything I come into contact with. Ever since I was a kid I have sometimes walked on the balls of my feet like a werewolf. I rarely wear shoes and by that I mean I'm barefoot cutting grass, climbing trees, walking my dog etc. I can smell people as in a can smell their scent. I've always been good with animals as many of us are. I also tend to know why animals are barking or meowing, I know what they want and what they say. Also I'm territorial.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #423 on: September 11, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »
I also meow and trill a lot, fortunately, my family and all of my previous partners have found it adorable.
I rub my head on people I like.
I like my head pet.
I sniff the air and my food a lot.

I do all of the above too!!
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #424 on: September 11, 2014, 06:23:43 pm »
I lick my hands when they are sticky from food. I only do it if they are relatively clean.

yeah dont wanna do taht after working on a car or something grease doesnt taste well trust me.  (: