Author Topic: Elite Ungulate Special Forces  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Spirit

• Female
Re: Elite Ungulate Special Forces
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 02:24:45 pm »

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »

Offline Palaeofox

• Male
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 02:38:41 pm »
So.. The herbivores are taking to the air. Very well.. I will call upon the largest flying carnivore ever to have existed... In fact... The largest flying animal ever to have existed: Quetzalcoatlus northropi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Quetzscale1.png

(May as well throw this image in for the lols):

http://yfrog.com/1g34554419448661432659806j

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:03:37 pm by Alexandre »

Offline Palaeofox

• Male
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 03:08:34 pm »
Time to bring in the really big guns now. Donkeys are pretty big as compared to most predators. Elephants are much larger then anything else, with the exception of this Quetzalcoatlus Northropi. But don't forget; It was Advanced Ungulate technology that brought you the Airborne Sperm Whale! Whales as you know are classified as Cetartiodactyla which means they are Ungulates too. Muhahaha.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU XD

Flawless victory.

No animal beats the Sperm whale from HGTTG *Thumbs up*.

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 04:27:31 pm »
Time to bring in the really big guns now. Donkeys are pretty big as compared to most predators. Elephants are much larger then anything else, with the exception of this Quetzalcoatlus Northropi. But don't forget; It was Advanced Ungulate technology that brought you the Airborne Sperm Whale! Whales as you know are classified as Cetartiodactyla which means they are Ungulates too. Muhahaha.

Flawless victory.

Totally agreed!  It seems you win this round Liedt :P

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 04:46:10 pm »

I remember you saying you have to be an ungulate to trot. Are you saying you believe whales can trot?

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 04:51:53 pm »

Flawless victory.

Totally agreed!  It seems you win this round Liedt :P
TRAITORS. Don't forget:

Offline killrhawk

• A furry with feathers
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 05:21:01 pm »
I'm still on your side Spirit! Go Cat-Birds!
Have PSN? Add me!
    Killrhawk

Thanks so much to Aerisyka for the avatar!

Offline Palaeofox

• Male
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 05:51:45 pm »
The only way we can win Spirit is by creating an infinite improbability drive. Now.. I have in my personal collection of 'doomsday devices' (Note - they don't all have to be devices that destroy the universe) an improbability drive. So all we need now is a nice hot cup of tea and the probability of randomly generating an infinite improbability drive from thin air.

Then we can easily win... We can calculate the probability of causing a suitable carnivore to randomly synthesise in the air next to said sperm whale. Whack it into the infinite improbability drive. Bobs your uncle, Fannys your aunt and we have solved the crisis!

The only problem now is to think of a suitable predator.. and don't suggest a giant or colossal squid, because the sperm whale will easily disable it with a high powered 'scream', amplified through its spermaceti organ in the upper section of its head. :/

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 10:22:55 pm »
The only way we can win Spirit is by creating an infinite improbability drive. Now.. I have in my personal collection of 'doomsday devices' (Note - they don't all have to be devices that destroy the universe) an improbability drive. So all we need now is a nice hot cup of tea and the probability of randomly generating an infinite improbability drive from thin air.

Then we can easily win... We can calculate the probability of causing a suitable carnivore to randomly synthesise in the air next to said sperm whale. Whack it into the infinite improbability drive. Bobs your uncle, Fannys your aunt and we have solved the crisis!

The only problem now is to think of a suitable predator.. and don't suggest a giant or colossal squid, because the sperm whale will easily disable it with a high powered 'scream', amplified through its spermaceti organ in the upper section of its head. :/

Isn't it obvious? The best predator would be any good sized carnivore, perhaps a lion or tiger, fused with an oil spill. But to do that we'd need a different device entirely.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Palaeofox

• Male
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 04:19:38 am »
Isn't it obvious? The best predator would be any good sized carnivore, perhaps a lion or tiger, fused with an oil spill. But to do that we'd need a different device entirely.

No no, a predatory that size wouldn't be able to penetrate the sperm whale's thick layer of blubber. I think its another turn towards more ancient predators. However, the oil spill is a fantastic idea and we can easily make that with the infinite improbability drive... We just need the probability.

Right, in terms of acceptable predators. The obvious one that comes to mind is Liopleurodon, however the BBC statement of its size of around 25m is far too large. Its more likely to only be 10m long.. However, there are a few scattered remains showing there was a MUCH larger beastie around at the time.. But not enough to give it a name yet :3

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/fish%20size.jpg

Liopleurodon will do for the moment! I calculate the probability of randomly generating a Liopleurodon covered in oil as 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000002993029387235921 to 1 against.

Also: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M&NR=1)

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 06:31:24 am »
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 10:55:24 am »
So all we need now is a nice hot cup of tea and the probability of randomly generating an infinite improbability drive from thin air.

Point of Order: You need to use a "Really Hot" cup of tea. Oh, wait, why am I helping you? Nevermind, carry on.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 11:46:56 am »
So all we need now is a nice hot cup of tea and the probability of randomly generating an infinite improbability drive from thin air.

Point of Order: You need to use a "Really Hot" cup of tea. Oh, wait, why am I helping you? Nevermind, carry on.

Perhaps deep down Liedt really is one of us!  :o
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 12:07:14 pm »

Point of exclamation: This should still be a word game!

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:53 pm »

Point of exclamation: This should still be a word game!
Point of rebuttal: This isn't a word game.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 10:44:45 pm »
Point of Inquiry: You thought I meant the thread?  No no ;)!  I simply meant the Robert's Rule of Order-speak.