Author Topic: haha toons where?!  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Siddeth Jackal

• grooooowl I ish a jackal
  • Female
haha toons where?!
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:24:40 am »
Heya guys!
Do you miss old classic toons like:
Mighty mouse
Hong kong fuuy
Gargoyles
Street sharks
Might ducks
Recuse rangers
Underdog
Etc...
Grrr I'm tried of a good amount of these new cartoons, non of them make sense ((because there mostly human o.o jk jk))

But I do miss the old furry cartoons, come discuss and name some :3

Haha what were your favorite? Was it in black and white? (I love B&w films) Or color? What made it furry to you? :3

Have fun!
**its in the basement** o-o

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
Re: haha toons where?!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:44:19 am »
My favorite was Road Rovers, had a thing for Colleen and I loved Muzzle because of his ability to be a force of primal rage that had to be kept locked up Silence of the Lamb style. Loved that show.

I'm hard pressed to think of Gargoyles as being furry but if you want to classify it here I only have one thing to say about it, When the Hotel are the going to release the second season? That was the best cartoon show to EVER come out of Disney
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Siddeth Jackal

• Female
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:04:35 am »
I loved Gargoyles!
But from what I've seen this series was short lived, and I'm not sure it got a second season, by the time Gargoyles had gotten popular the demographic for Amazing cartoons with plots had passed.. :/ kids wanted silly mindless showes.

I classified them as furry because simply they had: "claws, fangs, tails, wings" they were magickal stone - flesh like creatures whom had anthromorphic characteristics!
This was truely an amazing cartoon!

Offline Valexi

• Hylian Hyena
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:18:15 pm »
Tom and Jerry, always
<3

Offline Siddeth Jackal

• Female
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 04:19:20 pm »
Indeed! :3

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 04:54:30 pm »
I loved Gargoyles!
But from what I've seen this series was short lived, and I'm not sure it got a second season, by the time Gargoyles had gotten popular the demographic for Amazing cartoons with plots had passed.. :/ kids wanted silly mindless showes.

I classified them as furry because simply they had: "claws, fangs, tails, wings" they were magickal stone - flesh like creatures whom had anthromorphic characteristics!
This was truely an amazing cartoon!

Indeed it was awesome, even better since Anubis was voiced by Tony Jay, one of my favorite voice actors (:

Offline Patrick Rangerwolf

• Male
    • Last of the Movies Official Movie Web Site
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »
I really like the cartoon shorts from the 30's, 40's, and 50's and a few TV toons.

Particular Favorites of mine are:
Disney's Silly Symphonies
Tom and Jerry (unedited)
Bugs Bunny (unedited)
The Raccoons
Silverwings
Gargoyles (First few seasons)
Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers
Scooby-Doo!  Where Are You?
Droopy (unedited)
Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote
The Animaniacs

I liked these, because they just stood out as good animated shows with great writing and great characters with some good business like great action and funny gags.

By the way, Silver Wings is something I highly recommend.  It was based on a book by Kenneth Oppel and skillfully animated by the Canadian production house, Bardel Animation.  It's about bats.  The character designs of the bats, I think are incredible combination of human and animal attributes.  It's a shame it's no longer on TV, but I think the first and only season is on DVD.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:58:41 pm by Patrick Rangerwolf »
Patrick Robbins

"Any movie with a "preachy" message, be it Christianity, environmentalism, political positions, or what have you, turns away people because rather than letting the audience figure out for themselves what the meaning is, they are told exactly what they ought to think and usually in terms of slogans and buzz words". ~ Brian Godawa

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 08:47:05 am »
I never really got to watch any of those good ol' toons because I didn't have cable until about 5 years ago, well after those shows were taken off.  :'(
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 06:27:35 pm »
Though I have several songs memorized, and own the entire 1st season on DVD...This many years later,

WHAT "ARE" THE ANIMANIACS!?

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 06:52:29 pm »
Though I have several songs memorized, and own the entire 1st season on DVD...This many years later,

WHAT "ARE" THE ANIMANIACS!?

Wikipedia just says they're of "indeterminate species," lol.

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:01 pm »
Tom and Jerry for ever. A cartoon I used to like was The Tick...as far as current cartoons you could say Chowder is a furry cartoon. I'm not exactly sure what some of the characters are as far as animals though. (I don't think the show does either)
Icon by Shynjy. Visit his FA for goodies!

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 04:27:42 pm »
Tom and Jerry for ever. A cartoon I used to like was The Tick...as far as current cartoons you could say Chowder is a furry cartoon. I'm not exactly sure what some of the characters are as far as animals though. (I don't think the show does either)

I think Chowder is some kind of cat, but don't quote me on that one.
Patrick Robbins

"Any movie with a "preachy" message, be it Christianity, environmentalism, political positions, or what have you, turns away people because rather than letting the audience figure out for themselves what the meaning is, they are told exactly what they ought to think and usually in terms of slogans and buzz words". ~ Brian Godawa

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 12:11:10 am »

I think Chowder is some kind of cat, but don't quote me on that one.

He's like a cat with a raccoon tail and rabbit-esk ears...so i really have no idea. But it's a furry! So are a bunch of other characters in the show.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 03:44:55 am »
All I will say on the subject of today's, American, cartoons is that, for the most part, are beyond moronic!

• Male
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:13 pm »
All I will say on the subject of today's, American, cartoons is that, for the most part, are beyond moronic!

Most of what's on Cartoon Network every night fits that description.
Patrick Robbins

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 01:01:19 pm »
I would agree that most of American cartoons now are completely moronic. I don't think any of them have the chance of becoming classics in the future the way say Tom and Jerry is a classic toon.

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 03:59:47 pm »

I agree with this, with the possible exception of South Park.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 03:02:21 am »

I HATE South Park, just plain can not stand it. The Simpsons are only good with the Halloween episodes. King of the Hill and Bevis and Butthead I won't even mention. Family Guy and American Dad looks so horrid from the commercials that I'm not even going to give them a chance. Give me a good ol' falling anvil any day.

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 04:36:48 am »
I loved Tom and Jerry, Cow and Chicken, and Daffy Duck when I was young.

Ahhh... good times.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:49 pm »

Ugh, I hate South Park. Some of it is funny, yeah, but most of it is pretty crude. I do miss cartoons like Freakazoid and Animaniacs, but I do like the newer cartoons like Spongebob and Flapjack.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 10:21:14 pm »
I would agree that most of American cartoons now are completely moronic. I don't think any of them have the chance of becoming classics in the future the way say Tom and Jerry is a classic toon.
Hey!  What about "Adventure Time"?!  I find that show smart, hilarious, and quite original.  It'll easily become one of my favorites.
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 11:09:57 pm »
Adventure Time? I have not heard of this. I also have not sat down and watched TV in a looong time so there's probably a bunch of cartoons/shows I am missing. So I'll retract my last comment. When is Adventure time on? I'll try and catch it.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 12:16:09 am »
Umm... you'll have to look up the schedule, Stigandr.  It's a little sporadic on Cartoon Network.  We just bought the entire season to watch.

I'll warn you -- the humor is a bit wacky.  Be prepared for something you're not used to. :o
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 04:13:36 am »
For fun toons that are American give me the following which I have almost all of on DVD.
Batman the Animated Series
Batman Beyond
The Batman
Batman the Brave and the Bold

Notice a pattern?
He's a furry isn't he? He dresses up in a bat fursuit so he must be a furry  :P

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:01 pm »
Courage the Cowardly Dog

Yah, I know, it's not that old, but I was HOOKED on that show when I was a little cub.  :) In fact, I recon that show is responsible for turning me furry  a decade before I even knew the fandom existed.  :D
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url