Author Topic: What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?  (Read 18127 times)

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
Re: What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:48 pm »
I had made a wolf tail (for a differ fandom) and then I waned a dog collar, so I got that. I also use to act like a dog when I was little, I still do. :D :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:28:20 am by ArticShadow »
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline LunaFyrewillow

• Female
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »
I wore collars, cat ears, and tails for years before I knew of the community. I always related with being a cat as far back as I can remember.   :o

Offline Enchantingly

• Love and Light!
  • Male
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2012, 03:06:39 pm »
I wore collars, cat ears, and tails for years before I knew of the community. I always related with being a cat as far back as I can remember.   :o
Same here! :)
"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2012, 03:33:36 am »
Wow, I've done a lot of animal-like stuffs xD before I even knew I was a Furry. I would and still do "meow" at some people, like if I want something =o or see a bird/bug lol >w< I love bugs. I meow at/with my kitties also ^^ have a not so understanding conversation...but whatever haha. I would purr if my Mom pat my head xD or if I was just really happy. I use to play around on the floor like a dog/cat running through the house when I was way younger...I also "stomped" my hands on the floor like a skunk would haha...I still kind of do that o.o;! If I couldn't find my Mom, I would "whistle" a loudish one xD I dunno how to explain that, but think of a "chirp" that a Cheetah cub might do lol. I've also wore cat ears for a year or two before I found out I was a "Furry". I use to scratch people when they annoyed me =x I'm glad I don't do that anymore lol. I went through a "chewing on things stage". Hmm...oh! I still eat a lot of food items with just my mouth xD no utensils or fingers/hand. Although when I used my fingers, I just use my thumb and pointer for some weird reason ;o! I still do that as well. Annnd in middle school, I use to like walking kind of on my toes lol. *Shrugs* But yeah, that's all I can remember I use to do before all this :3 and still kinda do some of those things.

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2012, 02:18:45 pm »
As a child of 5 or 6, I caught a wild pheasant hen in my Dad's garage. A close relative of the road runner.
Even in the Boy Scouts, when we formed our troop, we formed squads or "patrols"--named for different animals--within the troop IIRC. I was a member of the Coyote Patrol.

Clearly, my fursona has been with me for a long time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:20:35 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline SenoraKitty

• Female
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2012, 02:26:47 pm »
Oh this is going to be hilarious. I used to tie things to the back of my pants to make a tail. Then I would leap around on the furniture.

Other times I would role play with my stuffed animals.

Offline wmdkitty

• Female
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2012, 03:13:10 am »
i just always considered myself a cat. not much to it.  (:

Hey, me too! I've just always... been. And for as long as I can remember, I've had phantom body parts (tail, ears).

I wonder, can one simply be born a furry? Or did we all choose this?

Offline Nagi

• Species: Spider
  • I'm a spider now :3
  • Female
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2012, 02:28:17 pm »
iv been acting like an animal since i could remember. Before i was able to buy fabric i used make masks and even fursuit partials out of construction paper, staples, and tape. They were fun to ware but didnt last long, i wish i had some pics, i always had a massive collection of plushies unfortunatly my mom wanted me to donate some so i dont have a big army anymore, and i always loved to draw anthros

I wonder, can one simply be born a furry? Or did we all choose this?
i think i was born furry since iv been doing this stuff since i could remember
some people were born that way some just choose to
I really need to come here more often XP

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:45 pm »
A lot of your stories sound oh so familiar!  :D

When I was younger I would mostly draw a lot of anthro art (starting with Sonic and branching out from there), read anthro comics, and watch a lot of animated films/TV where the main characters were anthropomorphic or animals in some way, shape or form (The Lion King is my fondest childhood film, I used to sing all the songs and recite every line of that thing!). I loved to eat Frosted Flakes because of the tiger on the box, and I loved to eat Tiger's Milk protein bars and dinosaur shaped/circus animal shaped graham crackers because of the animal themes as well. Whenever I played house, I was the dog. One Halloween, I was jealous of my brother's costume, because he got to be the raptor from Jurassic Park (complete with mask and poofy tail stitched onto a plasticky suit with brown scales). So every chance I got, whether it was Halloween or not, I would wear the Raptor mask, even when the rest of the costume no longer fit me. I also narrated my own 'documentaries' with my toy dinosaurs in my backyard, having them travel from one side of the yard to the next in search of the best food and being stalked by the predator dinosaurs/ flown overhead by the pterodactyl toys.

As I aged, I stopped dressing up as the raptor character as well as playing with my toys and instead focused on writing stories and drawing comics with anthro characters. My favorite was what eventually became my fursona--a little brown raptor who managed to save the day and keep her cool no matter what.  (:

I never chewed on things, though...my sister did LOL  :D
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2012, 10:29:19 am »
A few other things.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a werewolf in the worst way. I hated being human. It didn't feel right. I wanted out of my human skin so badly. In my heart of hearts I knew I was canine. There was one night there was a full moon. My friend Chris and I rode up and down the streets of our neighborhood on bikes playing Werewolf. Howling at the moon, fighting invisible enemies, things like that. He was playing, but I think that at that moment I was more tapped into who I really was than I'd ever been before.

Around the same time, another friend, David, and I formed a club called The Spuds Patrol. It was named after Spuds Mackenzie, the dog on the old Bud Light beer ads. I was obsessed with Spuds at the time. I had Spuds everything. Posters, T-Shirts, bandannas, drink huggers, plushies you name it. Our school banned Spuds T-Shirts due to the beer connection, something that annoyed me to no end. I used to spend time in class where I was supposed to be doing schoolwork drawing Spuds instead.

I also used to obsessively collect any video game that let you play as a werewolf or some other canine. I had quite a little library going. There was Rampage, which allowed you to play as a giant wolf tearing down cities, fighting the military and eating people ( still my all time favorite ), Killer Instinct had Sabrewulf. Darkstalkers had Jon Talbain. Secret of Evermore allowed you to control the main character's dog. When I played the dog was the real hero and the human was just the dog's idiot sidekick. There was also a fairly obscure and sadly, quite terrible fighting game called "Iron and Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft" One of the playable characters was  Sasha, a white werewolf. Bad as the game was, I still had a lot of fun kicking tail with Sasha. And even though I despised sports games, I found out there was a basketball game, NBA Hangtime, for N64 that allowed you to create a werewolf character in the "Create a Character" mode. I bought it and learned to play the game just so I could create and play as a werewolf.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:57:13 am by robodog »
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »
i drew animals, i watch animal planet before and i still do. i would build forts and call them dens. when i younger i would play games with my stuffed animals where i wolf, and i was their mother. i always wanted to be a wolf and at night i would stare at the full moon, wishing i could just to the wood near my house. i chew on pens, sharpies, and pencils, til that clip things comes off. i've always connected more with animals that people. i've also over the years perrfected my howling.

Offline kuroneko jusan

• As my name suggests, I'm a bit of a Jynx...
  • Female
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2012, 01:23:12 am »
Meow convincingly enough to get responses from other cats, hiss when I'm startled or upset.  Sometimes I would (and still do) sometimes sit like a cat while watching tv, also when something or someone pulls against my grip, I tend to dig my nails (which I grow long) in like a cat.  It's not intentional, but I've gotten yelled at more than a few times for scratching... :-[

Offline maliac

• Male
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2012, 01:35:32 am »
I used to get in trouble for growling at my dog. :-[ I also chewed on just about anything I could find. :D I lost count of how many pairs of ear buds I chewed through. Oh, and I haven't ever been able to sleep without my giant wolf plushie!

Offline Lunary

• Female
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:04 am »
I have always liked to chew on things like pencils and plastic water bottles.
Also I bought a fake fox tail once when I was like 10 and wore it until the chain part that attached to my pants broke.
Oh and when my animals made noises I would copy them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:36:34 am by Lunary »

Offline Flyntz

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2012, 08:13:51 pm »
3 years ago, we had this small event for "Christmas" and I was given the task to make a gift for an student (we couldn't choose which people we wanted to give their gifts) so I just took one of the random generated papers inside the jar and it turned out to be a she. So I had this feeling to give something related to anime-cartoon's and came up with the perfect idea... "A foxy hat". It was December 18, 11;30 a.m. the day has finally arrived, and there I was sitting on the floor with the rest of the class, everyone receiving their gifts from each other,as soon as she opened the gift she was staring blankly (I thought: "uh-oh maybe she hates it" x_x) but she couldn't believe it, and soon she shouted "EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER :D"

Offline Thornbrier

• World Builder
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2012, 05:59:07 am »
Age 7: I turned into a white tiger while playing hide and seek with classmates in tall grass. I nearly tore out their throats.

Offline Volt

• Female
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:36 am »
Well, I have always loved animal-type characters from games, movies, books, etc. and those are the types of characters I would (and still do!) make up, as well. Stuffed animals were and are my favorite types of toys. I always wanted to be able to turn into an animal, especially a dragon or a wolf..or a Pokemon! Whenever I played with my sisters or cousins, I would always want to be the pet or an animal character (sometimes they didn't let me though lol)

I remember when my cousin and I used to play dogs, and I would bark a lot, and my grandmother would sometimes come in asking if there was a dog in there :P I also remember running on 'all fours' in my grandparents' backyard. It kind of hurt my wrists a bit, but it felt very exciting and free in a way. I wish I could do it now without someone asking what the heck I was doing.

Offline werecat2012

• Male
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2012, 09:25:09 am »
I've always just liked animals and the idea of anthropomorphic animals. There have been times when I pictured myself as not even really being human, just stuck in a human body for this lifetime. I even remember when I was little that I wish I had a tail and could shapeshift. For video games that have many characters to choose from, I'd always pick the animal character.

It wasn't until 2005, when I had my own computer and wasn't always busy with school and work that I discovered some furry websites for the first time. I learned that there are many people out there with similar interests and that there was an even an entire fandom/subculture built up around anthro animals. So in reply to the "I wonder, can one simply be born a furry? Or did we all choose this?", the interest/mindset was there for me before I even knew there was a name for it.