Author Topic: What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?  (Read 18129 times)

Offline Magna

• Female
Re: What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 03:08:41 pm »
I chewed on things. Not pencils, but most anything else. My mate mostly, but I can tear through a pack of gum in record time, and if I don't have some sort of gummy candy around at all times I start to get stir crazy.

My favorite thing to do with gummy worms is to let them sit in an open package for a few days, that way they get nice and chewy.

Offline skinwalker3

• Entertain me!
  • Female
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 08:13:38 am »
I always used used to have a teething problems, in which I'd even ask my mother to buy me dog toys so I could chew freely. And not only that, but as a child, I used to ask my mom feed me in a bowl on the floor like a dog.. No joke.. Only now as I come to grips with being a furry, do I realized why CX

And like, the past year or two or so when I realized I was a wolf basically, I move my ears [however unnoticeable]. So if some one was yelling at me or I was in trouble, my human ears would shift back a bit.

And as I told my close friend, I live my live in the pack mentality of a wolf. I am a dominant person who wishes to be alpha, but I also understand that I should obey the alphas, my parents.
DeviantART: http://skinwalker3.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MsSkinwalker3?feature=mhum

"As long as you like it, it doesn't have to make sense"

~Aleya

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 06:00:56 pm »
At various stages in my life, I secretly developed a soft spot for certain cartoon animals, especially e.g. Chip the Cereal Wolf.

Offline Kostya89

• Male
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 11:58:54 am »
My sister and i always loved animals as kids and often made homemade tails made of extra fabric my mom had and coat hangers, and chased our dog around the back yard.   :)

Now my sister is just getting out of vet school and me business school, but when we find time to hang out or go to the gay clubs or something fun like that i always remember the two of us as kids running around the back yard with our sloppily made tails barking at our dog.  hehe 

We might have grown up but its obvious our interests stayed the same.   Only i lacked the devotion and dedication to become a veterinarian (i definitely inherited my dad's unrelenting procrastination of everything), also i dont think i could ever put down any cute critters.   :(

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time"

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 12:30:15 pm »
Spent a lot of time in the forest watching animals, wondering what it would be like to be one. I got to be the mascot in high school, the idea has been in the back of my mind (mostly in a dark, dusty corner) ever since. If a mascot/fursuit was sighted, it would gather my attention. On business trips, I would pick hotels that carried Nickelodeon so I could watch The Angry Beavers. :D
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 02:20:41 am »
Spent a lot of time in the forest watching animals, wondering what it would be like to be one.

This makes me think of the scene from The Sword In The Stone where Merlin turns Arthur into all different kinds of animals.  I always loved that scene.  Since I wasn't lucky enough to have a wizard for a mentor, though, I also had to settle for spending a lot of time "watching animals, wondering what it would be like to be one."  In fact... I still do.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »
Spent a lot of time in the forest watching animals, wondering what it would be like to be one.

This makes me think of the scene from The Sword In The Stone where Merlin turns Arthur into all different kinds of animals.  I always loved that scene.  Since I wasn't lucky enough to have a wizard for a mentor, though, I also had to settle for spending a lot of time "watching animals, wondering what it would be like to be one."  In fact... I still do.

The Sword in The Stone may or may not be where my early onset of an affinity for transformation came from :D

Offline Kostya89

• Male
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:27 pm »

The Sword in The Stone may or may not be where my early onset of an affinity for transformation came from :D

Id say it was The Fox and the Hound for me  :)    if i only still had a VHS player..
"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time"

Offline Neko13

• Female
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 02:20:22 pm »
I had tons of plushies, pretended I was a cat with my mom's cat, chewed whatever I could, make tails out of bed sheets and towels.  I also watched alot of animal shows and cartoons, favorite being Swat Kats and when I was a kid I thought one of the cat pilots was really cute  :-[

Offline caninesrock

• Female
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »
I watched and still watch animal-themed movies, cartoons, anime,etc.
I play(ed) games where I can be an animal.
I howl(ed) like a wolf sometimes for fun and growl(ed) when I didn't like someone.
I draw/drew mostly animal-themed art.
I wrote animal-themed fictions.

Banner made by my friend Alex(who isn't a member here) and used with permission. Avatar is screenshot of Jacob in wolf form from Twilight movie.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 02:45:33 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:14:21 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:27 pm »
I howled at the moon alot (still do) and I drew a heck of a lot of anthros, because for the past five years I've been addicted to the Silverwing series, and they had a tv show that was drawn in the furry style  :D

"... And if you disagree with us, please: feel free to keep that oppinion to yourself!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:04 pm »
[What, no I wouldn't]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:47:46 pm by NightmareSky »

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 12:50:55 am »
Every time I saw a movie or read a story where the main characters were animals and heroic, I would fall in love with the hero and fantasize about being the character or with the character.  The first one I remember was Watership Down.  Others were Plannet of the apes, Star wars "wookie", and too many others to list. 
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 04:01:13 pm »
I’ve always been known to growl as a display of dissatisfaction or anger.

And I have been drawing animals of all kinds since I was about nine, maybe ten.

Also, I may or may not have had a milk-bone or two or ten in my day. :-[
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:43 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:54:51 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline Bel

• Fox furry, anime fan, gamer
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 10:25:49 pm »
I can't really think of any furry-ish things that I did when I was younger, except for the fact that there was a time in which I had a strong desire to become a wolf. Then I later became a fox furry.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2011, 01:45:51 am »
Furry things...

When I was younger, before my astronaut phase hit (and I wore my snowsuit outside in July to simulate a spacesuit...) I always wanted to pretend we were anthropomorphic cats.  With superpowers.  XD  Nobody else ever did, though, so I kind of let that go.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline xWinterStar

• We Go Together
  • Female
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 09:47:38 pm »
I always drew anthro art and had a fursona. When I discovered furry I just fit right in :)
~*~ Its time to try Defying Gravity ~*~

Offline Mesi-Murasaki

• Female
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »
When I was little, I LOVED animals, and everything I read, or watched on tv, had to involve some kind of animal, LOL. I would walk on my knees and hands and pretend to be a dog, bark, and eat the dogs treats when my mom wasn't looking  :D I guess it had to do with being surrounded by pets since birth. I also had a fursona, I was a superhero dalmation XD
Furry things...

When I was younger, before my astronaut phase hit (and I wore my snowsuit outside in July to simulate a spacesuit...) I always wanted to pretend we were anthropomorphic cats.  With superpowers.  XD  Nobody else ever did, though, so I kind of let that go.

XD at recess no one wanted to play superhero pets with me, so dont feel alone XD

Offline Scrambles

• Female
    • The Honey Rat
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2011, 09:46:25 am »
I grew up pretty isolated from other kids (and people in general) and I was animal mad. I spent 100% of my time being an animal of some kind all day and all night. Because this went on for the first 13 years of my life it just kinda stuck!
I always loped instead of running, made various animal noises (growling, hissing, surprised squeaks), ran up the stairs on all fours, nuzzled and climbed on people lots. Plus I used to bite a lot and chew everything in reaching distance. And when I bought an extra large cushiony dogs bed I slept on that for years  (:
I thought I'd grow out of it but I think most of it is so habitual that I cant really stop haha
"You can run with us, we've got everything you need!"

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:33 pm »
i watched furry movies
favored furry art
growled and hissed with my pets
all my art was and still is animal based
walked on all fours when i could
played games to be animals
wrote animal themed comics i still have
^-^
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 11:11:18 pm »
I liked furry anime.
I would growl, howl, meow, woof at other creatures or people.
I liked movies where the main characters were not human originally.
I always admired other animals, and wondered how it would be to be the for one day.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 10:00:55 am »
I liked all the movies where a character turned into an animal.  I wanted to be that character :D

The Sword in the Stone The Sword in the Stone The Sword in the Stone The Sword in the Stone The Sword in the Stone.

That was my 'watcheverydayorIfreakout' movie :D

Offline Vox745

• Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/vox745/
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2011, 11:16:37 pm »
I explore the woods near my house and try to be really stealthy all the time, also when me and my freinds play paintball i will stalk them around before going in for the kill. And i love climbing trees!
"i want you to be everything that is you, deep at the center or your being"-Confucius