Author Topic: Why Did You Choose Your Species?  (Read 11943 times)

Offline Esmeralda

• Everything but beautiful.
  • Female
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Species?
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2011, 10:52:31 am »
Like others have said, I have no idea why I chose my fursona. I just did. Then later found out it was absolutely perfect.
-licks your cheek-
La Esméralda de Rose

An old fox understands the trap.

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:00 pm »
My mother would have been a dragon, and my father a wolf.

My mother is very conserving of many things, and guards her underbelly with precious valuables. She also can be respectful, intellectual, and breath fire at you when she is mad... Truthfully if I did not duck for cover, I would have a lot more burn marks on my hied.

My father is from a pack, or large family. He is loyal, and strong. He would have been an alpha male, and is very athletic. If it was a competition between Mother Nature and Him. He would fight hard or respectfully bow in her presence.

I am neither, yet both of them. Every time they see me they see the other, or something else all together. I am strong, yet I am vulnerable. I am great, yet in my own way. I am a Hound-Drake.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline RattleCat

• Female
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2011, 05:02:49 am »
Well I just sat down and took a good long look at my mannerisms. I love the desert and find it a beautiful place so I knew it was going to be something native to my home. Heat makes me sleepy, that narrowed it down to reptiles, and I deffinately liked snakes more than lizards. I kinda have a temper so I picked a venomous snake. Originally I was going to be a rattlesnake/dog hybrid, but I realized that I had more in common with cats. And so RattleCat was born.  :)
When  you feel that nobody loves you, nobody  cares for you, everybody is ignoring  you, and people are jealous of you. You should really stop and ask yourself… Am I Too Sexy?

Come visit me at http://tartaruswolf.deviantart.com/

Offline Awkray-ven

• <insert random logical oxymoron here>
  • Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 11:40:12 am »
well, I started thinking about a fursona even before I knew there was such a thing to do, (and far before I got involved with other people). But I didn't really hammer out the details to much (like colors and stuff) just species. My thoughts were that Wolves would be kinda cool, but you just know that in all the stories and stuff, they are very common (and it doesn't click with me) same with foxes, (minus the super popularity, but they are still kinda common, more so then some things), some of the big cats? something didn't seem right there either. Especially considering that all of those things had to compete with dragons at every turn, I've been interested in dragons as long as I can remember. Plus with dragons, alot of the traits that are applied to dragons also fit me, tend to work by oneself, might disappear form the world for periods of time, Dragons can be very patient when they want to (and impatient at other times, about other things) just to name a few. It would also have been a bit weird to be something other then a dragon, and have several many books about dragons, and know a bit about them, even have little statues of dragons... so yeah, obvious choice there, looking at everything, defiantly dragon.
FDD3adrw A+ C- D-- H- M- P- R+ T+ W Z- Sm! RLU a-/ cn++ d? e# f-->- h# i+ j* p+ sm!

"A further result of the Ti function is the concept, lived out by many an INTP, that knowledge is everything. They tend to believe that information is the key to life. All mistakes can be avoided by having the right information at the right time." -http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 04:55:06 am »
because ive always been a wolf inside :goldhowl:
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:30 am »
My fursona was originally going to be a doberman, but I was put off by the lack of a fluffy tail. So I considered a fox, but then wondered if I would be happier with a feline, and I have been told by several people I act like a cat sometimes. And so, snow leopard. :) Plus I love them, they're one of my favorite animals.

So yeah, I partly chose my fursona because of the tail  :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:44:13 am by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 12:17:41 pm »
I've had a dog obsession since at least Junior high. I've tried other species but none of them stuck. At the end of the day the dog is the species that I identify with the most.

The robot part is a recent addition. A little less than a year ago I became obsessed with robotic dogs and electronic/mechanical toy dogs that do stuff. Move, bark, interact in some way, things like that. I started collecting them. When I decided to rejoin the fandom I chose to incorporate that aspect of my dog obsession into my species. Therefore I'm now a robotic dog.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Necryn

• Female
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »
I don't really feel as though I chose my species.  I used to think of myself as a wolf in a human's body, so I often drew myself as a wolf or werewolf, which is why a friend introduced me to the fandom.  Over the years, I've gone through several species in an attempt to choose something that was more original.  In the end, I couldn't escape the fact that I was canine and I couldn't really choose to be anything else.  I was slightly off though.  I've discovered that I'm far more fox-like than wolf-like, so there you have it.  I did kind of tweak my fursona a little in order to express my interests in horror, dark fantasy, and the macabre, but my species (fox) is what I am, and I can't change that.

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 03:49:49 pm »
I started out as a wolf, simply because I knew that some sort of canine would be the best fit. I've just been waiting to figure out exactly what I was.

Offline Kiki

• KK works as a nickname - saves you typing too!
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 03:44:46 pm »
When I was a young child I would imagine myself as a dog. Why a dog? I have no idea. But the whole character that I invented and all the times connected to it are to important to me to try and make my fursona anything else.
-KK
"Are you a boy or a girl?" "No."
My Skype is wolfyrocker
FCM4cw A C->++ D+++ H+ M- P++ R? T~++ W->+++ Z- !S RL->S a15 c++ d--- e->++ f+++ h*>++ i++>+++ j* p s#

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2011, 05:36:43 pm »
I've just always liked Tigers, for some reason.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Grizztof Grünwald

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2011, 12:26:08 pm »
     To be a wolf was tempting. Despite loving the idealization of wolves, I have no direct experience with them from which to draw inspiration.

When I was a teenager I had a job at a dog kennel. We had a big stubborn Alaskan Malamute that was a long term boarder and he was scheduled for daily walks. With me being the employee best able to physically manage such a playful, stubborn brute, I was the one always letting him in/out and taking him for walks. He'd jump up on me. I got scratched and gnawed on a bit. He seemed to think that if he just pulled hard enough, he could get away, but I'd have the leash wrapped around my wrist a couple times to prevent that. He was a pain -- in a mischievous way, but he was a friendly, fun, and happy dog. That's what I want to be.
Twitter: @grizztof
FA user: grizztof
Youtube channel: grizztof

Offline ThatAvianGal

• Sometimes I feel like the only feathery.
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2011, 04:14:25 am »
I have 2 sonas, so here they are:
Flurr: Bird, Budgerigar. I own 2 pet ones, and they are the sweetest things I have ever seen, apart from when they bite me.
Mordekai: I DONT KNOW. But every time is parrot time, right?

And I have had a bird obsession since I was 6 months old, I was amazed by their ability to fly.
"The male and female budgerigar chirp together and caress each other in the prettiest way imaginable." - Philip Henry Gosse

Still loving my budgies, Riri and Sunny!

RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MY 2 PET BIRDS

Rio has the same nickname as the singer Rihanna.
Sunshine can get frightened of being stroked.
Sunshine seems to have nightmares, then flies arond the cage all panicked after and wakes me up

Offline Praxious

• ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
  • Female
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2011, 03:13:49 pm »
well ive been a furry for the LONGEST time..7 years now. and Kaprika is only actualy 8 months old.

when i was first in the fandom i could never think of what ONE animal represented me the most.
i had no fursona for the longest time because i wanted my sona to be PERFECT for me..but no matter what i went through none of the animals seemed to be for me. i became inactive in the fandom for a few years...then around july this year, started back INTO it. how i had some experience and creativity on my belt. and i came up with Kaprika.

she is a wolf snow leopard hybrid.
i wanted wolf because with it, i share the feirce loyalty..the ability to function well in a pack but also be the lone wolf...i can be vicous when provoked..and im strong for others.
i also like there apperance

and snow leopard because the felines are the thinkers...they are swift and cunning, can be vindictive,the smooth talkers..they are graceful and in control. i also like there spots and large fluffy tail

shadow hide you..
...may the night mother wrap you in her cold dead embrace

Offline Tyrannus The Demon

• Your Worst Nightmare.
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2011, 04:07:35 pm »
i choose a dragon because i feel that its my spirit creature and i once was meditateing adn spoke to my inner dragon.....fainted afterwards,thats how i know it was real!
"It all started just a few hours ago...the squad was out on routine patrol across the plains...radio contact started to fail,all we could here were terrible screams...amongst teh screasm and gun-fire,we made-out one cry,'They're coming...they're...everywhere!'."

Offline Jovi Sparks

• One more word and you wont survive.
  • Female
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2011, 09:08:20 pm »
I picked a horse because I've grown up around horses. They'll always be a part of my life, and that's about all I can say about that. I was starting to think that I was growing more attached to one of my characters, but then I realized that the horse I had as my main fursona (Not Jovi) wasn't right for me, and then I changed to Jovi, and feel comfortable again. Jovi Sparks is pretty much me exactly.

Another reason horses are perfect for me is because horses instincts of fight or flight are on point, just like mine, and they are also very social creatures. Angry when provoked, loyal, trusting, honest, and loving.
Member of Ungulates United local #416 Haaaaay!

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:50 pm »
Taken from Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, "Desert Fox" has been my callsign for a couple years, and I was stalked last summer by a coyote after getting lost on a hike.

Offline Razake

• Female
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2011, 03:46:56 pm »
While researching dog breeds, I chanced upon Shiba Inus. After a while, I started to grow very attached to the breed. I wasn't sure why, due to some their behavior quirks and all around stubbornness. Then I realized that I was drawn to them because what I read about them and their personalities really matches me.

I'm rather short, apprehensive around people I don't know (and sometimes come across as mean), stubborn, have a small group of very close friends, don't talk like most people or jabber on endlessly (but can be very vocal when I want to), hate feeling dirty, don't swim much, and tend to do what I want when I want to.

I decided on the color red sesame because it seems to be rather different from what's common (or rather most commonly seen) in the breed, so there is some individuality. I know the cream color is even more so, but I am not a cream Shiba because, though I may be different from the masses, I'm not entirely secluded. Also, I am a dog because I've always had a passion for them, and I'm certainly nothing incredibly unique or crazy. I wanted to stay true to who I am, not someone exotic that I wish I was or want to be.

Offline Coco Bananacat

• The Banana Cat
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2011, 12:04:59 pm »
It actually took me a few tries to pick the right fursona for me, but now that I'm a cat, it just feels right. Cats are curious to a fault, can be extremely playful, or sometimes they just want to nap in the sunlight coming in through your window. They are independent, but only within the limits you set for them which they only rarely try to break, which stops later on once you've used the spray bottle enough...

That's the only thing different, I actually like water, but I used to be afraid of it when younger because in kindergarten I was pushed into the community pool at a time I didn't know how to swim. But I didn't drown, woo!

I also like cuddling a lot which cats do too if they've been fed and brushed and used the restroom.
"So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being." - Franz Kafka

Offline BeckyL97

• Species: Black Dragon/White Tigress
  • It's great to be back!
  • Female
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2011, 03:53:53 am »
When I was looking for my fursona, I didn't know where to start. But I eventually settled on a Black Dragon  :ordragon:. I have absolutely no idea why. Perhaps it's because we're both very tall and have very short tempers.  :D
<---- Please click me! :) Thanks!

Offline Tie Wolf

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 03:38:29 am »
It wasn't a matter of choosing, my artwork and tendencies have always related to wolves since the dawn of my memory. X3
Courage isn't the absence of fear; it is the presence of fear with the will to go on. 
-Mark Twain

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2012, 05:00:40 am »
Thread closed due to grave-digging.

Please see the rule here:

12. Gravedigging Old Topics: When posting to a topic, please be sure to check the date of the topic's creation, as well as the date of the very last post in that thread, as many topics have been dead for months and/or years.
If it has been 6 months or longer since the last post was written in a thread, then please start a new thread on the subject you wish to discuss and then contact the Mods/Staff by PM so we can close the older outdated topic. Older topics (Depending on date & subject) should probably not be posted in for the following example reasons: