Author Topic: Why is your fursona the species it is?  (Read 16567 times)

Offline Nagi

• Species: Spider
  • I'm a spider now :3
  • Female
    • My FurAffinity
Why is your fursona the species it is?
« on: June 17, 2012, 05:25:54 pm »
i hope i posted in the right area, still new, if theres already a topic on this give me the link please, and close or delete this please
anyway i was just curios on "why is your fursona/character the species he/she is?"
if their a hybrid describe "why u chose more than 1 animal combo for u fursona?"
try to say something other than "its my favorite animal", but if thats really the reason why, can u say "why its your favorite animal?"
Here's the form
Name of fursona/character:
Species:
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? :
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) :
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) :

i just like to see, how other people come up with there fursona's/character's, i find it interesting sometimes
here's mine
Name of fursona/character: Alisa Leolf Alexandra
Species: SnowLeolf(leopard wolf), Shapeshifter
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : my fursona is a shapeshifter because irl i mentally change to diffrent species, not like like mentally ill, in a lifestyler furry type way, i wish i could change physically but that be painful probably. Anyway its like one day i act like a dog, the next day i act like a cat, and the day after that is a wolf etc, etc(everything but human :goldlaugh: i even change to humanoids just not human ). I attempt to adapt to whats going on which changes my mental species. Another reason is just becuase i love weres( mainly werewolves, not the ape wolves, the quad or anthro ones), i consider weres as like limited shapeshifters. My fursona's main form the snowleolf is becuase well i love wolves, iv been studying them since i could read. Her snow leopard half is becuase i recently started to realy admire leopards and their just so pretty and i love thier spots, i alwaysed loved leopard print clothes, blankets, pillows, and fabric but never the real thing unless if it died of natural causes and wasnt changed into modern clothing >:( or basically anything that doesnt respect the animal. My fave is the snow leopard becuase its so pretty and fluffy. I need to lay of the wolves for a little and start looking up leopards, mainly snow leopards of coarse.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : i just have her wear whatever i would like to wear irl, it has no specific meaning, but the outfits are quite detailed and sometime have a complicated design, i dont have any of her out fits uploaded yet so, sorry u cant see them
This part was copyed off of one of the pictures i uploaded of her on a different site
Name: Alisa Leolf Alexandra (Alisa is my main character on Tekken and i use the Alexandra family on SoulCalibur, Leolf combo of leopard and wolf)
Species: ShapeShifter (stated above)
Takes form of: WolfLeolf (my favorite animals, stated above)
Color: Pink and Blue (my favorite colors) Brown (natural hair color) white (i love white wolves)
Weapon: Sword or Sword and Shield (their simple but my fav weapon, and will b learning how to use them, might end up teaching myself though)
Favorite Weapon: no name yet, but has complicated designs  (similar to Omega Sword and Elk Shield used by Sophitia and Pyrrha both Alexandras i use on SoulCalibur)
Based some of her Design off of Sophitia and Pyrrha, but its still my own design, i get inspired by my video games alot and dont even realize that my designs are the same or similar to the character i just played untill i compare them  :goldpissed:
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) : http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8188954/

wow thats alot! :o i usually dont talk that much, hope thats not too much and didnt violate any rule that i missed, i did alot of typing
sorry for all the words :-[

I really need to come here more often XP

Offline Nyeti

• the "frigglebiscuit" approves!
  • Male
Re: Why is your fursona the species it is?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 05:49:33 pm »
Name of fursona/character:Nyeti
Species:arctic wolf
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : when i would go to my happy place(a little childish :D) i would always be on top of a mountain as a arctic wolf with spiked blue hair and blue markings,and then one night i had a dream about him,which is also the dream that turned me towards the fandom (:
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) :he wears pocket shirts cuz i loves em! :D (just check my avatar)
i want to get one with him wearing a o.d. green trench coat,like the one i have.
i really have a crazy thing for orange juice...and apples o.o

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 07:19:00 pm »
Name: Kael
Species: Panther
Why?: I have always admired Panthers for their elegance and stealth, and their sheer solo killing ability. To me, the Panther is the ultimate assassin incarnate.
Anything else?: Kael is not like this [though I have another Panther who is]. Kael is really just an overpowered wizard who is anywhere from 300 to 2000 years old, and has too many familiars. I just am truly interested in magic, i guess...

SEcond form

Name:  Jarmakla
Species: Red European Dragon
Why: I have forever been in love with dragons. Their sheer might and ferocity just give me the biggest of smiles. [don't ever poke the dragon, you will be eatne as a side note] Jarmakla is the power and fury of the dragons incarnate...
Anything else: Has a rather big axe that holds a lot of power too...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »
Name? -  Jet

Species? -  Siberian Husky German Shepherd Mix Dog

Gender? -  Male

Why? - Meh, I just loved the colors are look of a Husky, especially the white eyes a lot I have seen had. So Jet has those white eyes and some other markings, such as the tail. But I have always connected with German Shepherds, and I adore their anatomical structure. The way they are built, bone-wise and muscular distribution, I just really liked that. So I put some of the German Shepherd stuff in there as well.

Anything else? -  Along with the distinct features of the two animals, Jet has two more unique patterns in his fur. His right hand, from halfway between the wrist and elbow all the way to his fingertips, is covered in green fur. That's a sort of signature to my admiration for writing. Jet's lower jaw is white, with the white fur stretching down his neck into a swirl on either side of his neck. He also has a split personality, which is more for reason of the writing and drawings of him, and each acts and dresses differently.

Link? - Here's one I drew: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8069887/
And here's a better one that Mylo drew of me - http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Arctic-Mylo#/d4xpoa3
Each are the different personality of Jet.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 12:39:15 pm »
Plain and simple? Because I feel like it represents me the best (:.

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 01:02:25 pm »
Simple. Because out of all the interests and obsessions I've had over the years dogs have been the one thing that's been with me the longest and has endured the most. Dogs are the creature I identify with more than any other.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »
Name of fursona/character: Kek
Species: Jackal/Fox
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : I made her a jackal fox because i love jackals to death because they are so cute and tightly bound with egyptian mythology (which i love to read and learn about) and i think foxes are really cool they look like dogs but are sneaky and have retractable claws like cats.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : She has an ankh symbol on her forehead because it is an egyptian symbol of life and i think it goes with her egyptian theme. And she has a gold band marking around her neck because it is similar to the gold necklaces that pharohs wore.
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) :
http://pure-randomness.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4t70uv
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
The most recent fursona I created is a rat/raccoon hybrid named Rilo. Now the reason for him being part rat is because Rilo has a very ironic lifestyle; He's a scientist (Get it? "Lab Rat". Get it? ;)) Now for Rilo being part raccoon is because raccoons are known to be really smart, so that intelligence comes in handy working in a lab :). And also because the raccoons fur reminds me of my own hair :D

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »
Used "Desert Fox" as a nickname for years, and after I got lost on a hike and was stalked by a coyote my fursona was just about set in stone.

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 12:27:54 am »
I don't really have anything specific decided on my fursona, since he's basically me, aside from the fact that he's a snow leopard. :P So that's a slightly nerdy teenage male snow leopard. Why a snow leopard? I dunno, I've always loved felines and snow leopards just kind of seemed like the best choice. As an added bonus, I do rather like snow. :P

Offline JethroCollie

• Runner
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09:43 pm »
Name of fursona/character: Jethro
Species: Collie (chow-chow/collie/lab)
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : My fursona is the anthro replication of my actual dog, who is also named Jethro.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : I pretty much made the fur design and colors exactly the same, just added some pants because pants are cool beans. And hair, because I wanted to put some of my traits in it.
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) : http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7119636/

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 11:10:35 pm »
Sooo... I kinda have three fursonas. Charis I wouldn't exactly label as a fursona though, she's more just for fun and roleplaying mainly. Acantha (my horse) and the wolf (who hasn't got a name yet) are my real "me" fursonas. Some days I wake up feeling more like a horse, and some days I feel more like a wolf. Plus, I do want to get a fursuit eventually. I don't really like the toony horse fursuits, and all the realistic ones I've seen have been kinda creepy. I think a wolf fursuit would look better.

Name of fursona/character: Charis
Species: Khajiit (or lynx-tiger-jaguar mix)
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : I love Skyrim. And I fell in love with the Khajiits, they're so pretty.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : She's very much the adventurous type, so all the jewelry she wears is just stuff she's picked up.
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) :The first ref was done by someone on here, autumfire I believe. Her amazing feline art is part of why I wanted a cat fursona :D http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7028506/ http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7600386/

Name of fursona/character: Acantha
Species: Clydesdale
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : I love horses, and since I'm so short (4'10") I thought it would be entertaining to have one of the larger horse types as a fursona ;)
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : No reason in particular, she just has your standard markings. I am looking for something to make her more unique, like a little design or pattern around her neck or arm or something, but I haven't come up with anything yet.
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) :She can also wear glasses, and have either hands or hooves as her... hands, I guess. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8234799/

Name of fursona/character: Not named yet, finding one now.
Species: Not quite sure yet either lol. Wolf probably. Maybe maned wolf.
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : I really love wolves, and I felt like I needed a different main fursona. Some days I feel more like a horse, some days I feel more like a wolf.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : I kinda "adopted" her. Someone was selling her design, all their art of her, and all rights to her to get some funds. I always loved the design, so I figured I'd take good care of her :). I'm not really in to the more adult art, and neither is the person selling her, so I'd keep her old design respected.
picture/link of fursona/character(optional) :I'm making a few changes to her, namely removing the earrings and bare patch on her tail, and making her eyes blue. I might have an anthro version of her as well, I'll see once the person sends me a flash drive with all the art of her :) http://www.furaffinity.net/full/6353133/

Offline Korvus

• Magic missile!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 02:12:29 am »
Name of fursona/character: Korvus the Wizard
Species: Common Magpie

why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : I have had a hyena as a fursona for a long time, but always felt it was ill-fitting and had a much greater affinity for birds. I considered a great number of birds as a new fursona but could never actually decide on one, so I just remained XinonHyena.
After a lot of thinking though I decided on a magpie, for all things considered I did like them a lot, and they had ways about them that were very akin to my own behaviour. I've never liked being a furry more than since I changed my furson, so I think it was a good judgement. ^-^

anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : My fursona is a magpie with a dark green wizard hat and, sometimes, dark green robes. He's a Luck Wizard, although he wields other schools of magic as well.
The main reason behind this is that, in RPGs, I usually end up taking the wizard-class sooner or later and will stop playing most others. It's nothing more than personal preference. My favorite colour is green, so it was not a stretch to give him green robes.
I've also tried to imcorporate card symbols on his body, as it does fit the whole luck theme and I love to play cards. Right now it is only a spades symbol around the area of his bellybutton.

picture/link of fursona/character(optional) : http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8291598/  A sketch of mine (mostly a ref to commission him), he hasn't got his robes on here.

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »
Name of fursona/character: Baylyn
Species: wolf
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : I have always thought of myself as a wolf I have the same personality as a wolf.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : she is gothic and only wears dark clothing she has long black hair the prettiest blue eyes and everyonce in a while dyes part of her hair blue.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »

Because I like Huskies!  :D What more needs to be said?

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »

perfect lolz you would love my puppy she is 50% wolf 25% husky and 25% malamute

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:31 pm »

perfect lolz you would love my puppy she is 50% wolf 25% husky and 25% malamute

Got a pic? :)

Offline ElementalQuest

• Furfags for everyone!
  • Female
    • My dA!
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:27 pm »
Name? - Element

Species? - German Shepard

Gender? - Male

Why? - Element is the adopted brother of Quest, and it fitted how I wanted him to look.

Anything Else? - If I ever decided to RP with Element for once, he would probably be a professor at some fancy university. He would wear an old brown leather coat that came mid thigh. He's dark green because it was a more spiritual color that blue, the two colors I wanted to use for my two fursonas. His markings are a bit of a play off of Quest's pelt pattern.

Link? - Look here. Take 2's color scheme, and 3's pelt pattern, but don't include the mark on either's flanks, then you essentially have Element.

Name? - Quest

Species? - German Shepard

Gender? - Male

Why? - Quest is the adopted brother of Element, and it fitted how I wanted him to look. Also, on my first ref sheet of him, someone commented saying that he looked like a German Shepard, and it kinda just stuck (See the link below for the thread).

Anything Else? - If I ever decided to RP with Quest for once, he would probably be a mailman. He would wear a postal shirt and a messenger bag at all times (This may or may not be because I wanted a way I could schlep around water bottles and other stuff in suit). He's blue because the color seemed to be a more exciting color than green, the two colors I wanted to use for my two fursonas. He was also named Pepsi for a short while because of his coloration.

Link? Yesserie! Right here.

And that is all I have to say on the matter  ;)

Offline Luna-tic

• I exist
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »
Name of fursona/character: Luna-tic
Species: Half-Changeling Unicorn
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is?: I thought the changelings from My Little Pony had some pretty cool designs, and then I figured it would be interesting to create a half-changeling character.
anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.): I originally designed him as a villain, but then I figured it would lead to more comedic situations if he tried to be nice and friendly while everyone is scared of his appearance. Hence the cape and eyes.
picture/link of fursona/character(optional): http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj638/Derp115/myPony-2.png

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 04:01:09 pm »
Name: Foxpup
Species: Cyborg Fox
Why a cyborg: Because cyborgs combine the invincibility of robots (computer brain + backups = immortality) with the ability of biological machinery to efficiently assimilate most organic matter for refuelling and self-repair (which is about the only redeeming quality that biologicals have).
Why a fox: Because foxes are inherently awesome. Why else do you think there are so many of us? :D
Anything else: Wears nothing but a collar and cool shades (if that) because he believes that human standards of decency are outmoded and sexist.
Picture: furaffinity.net/view/8357045/

Offline Craulf

• Solatorobo!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 12:55:11 am »
Name of fursona/character: Craulf

Species: Malamute

Why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : It starts out simple. I LOVE the way huskies and malamutes look~ This is actually pretty funny because I'm not a big fan of how dogs look. I already knew I was canine (I'm constantly smelling things, and biting things feels great), so I took this natural attraction to huskies as a guideline!
And boy does it show. After doing some research, I found out quiet a few similarities. I absolutely love snow, I have many shared personalities, and I even have the same diet xD We like the same types of foods, and dislike the same foods. Well, the foods that are poisonous or unhealthy for a husky I either hate, or am allergic to. It was the perfect match, so why not right =P

anything else?(like why he/she wears a certain type of clothing, markings color etc,etc.) : I like green A LOT. Black is nice. So why not both right xD?
What? Easy mode? How lame! Only kids play on easy mode! kyahahahahahaha!
..... I might have a touhou addiction o.o

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:44 am »
Name: ArticShadow
Species: Grey Wolf
Why is your fursona the species she is?: Because I love the loyataly wolves have and how they get so determined to finish something. (When they hunt they won't give up until they get the animal.) Plus I LOVE wolves.
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 11:39:27 am »
Name of fursona/character: Sybol Downs
Species: Dragon-Foxcoon
why is your fursona/character the species he/she is? : Each species is kinda like a part of my personality, dragon is my more aggressive done-taking-crap-from-people side, fox is my more hyperactive and childish side, and raccoon is my stubborn and creative side

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 07:31:02 am »
Name: Edwolf.
Species: Wolf.
Why is your fursona the species he is?: It's not just my enthusiasm for wolves but I always knew that a species such as that would match my personality well, a tough nut with a soft centre. So consequently, I may not look anything like my fursona in real life but I'm sure that our personalities wouldn't be too different.
Anything else?: Edwolf may have, only this year, gained a lot of weight but he couldn't have been jollier or indeed cuddlier! Just you wait until he plays Santa Claus at Christmas! As a bonus, why don't you take a look at these?:
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/8083900/ - Edwolf (on right) before he gained weight.
The following photos and videos are of Edwolf since he gained weight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4oN6MaCbk4&feature=player_detailpage&list=FL33_3lXQkzwnvcGMG7hRJTw
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/8184109/
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/8225465/

Offline nasira

• Female
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 02:40:13 am »
because owls are one of my favorite animals  :D