Author Topic: Furs and other furs  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
Furs and other furs
« on: July 31, 2012, 06:22:36 am »
Lol xD Uhm I don't know how to start this one, but I'll try. Do Furs seem more "attracted" to other Furs if they themselfs are related to said Fur? For example, if you were a Canine and saw another Canine around~ would you feel more happy and close to that Furry? As opposed to if you were a Canine and saw a Feline or so? Or does it really matter :3 (As being in a fursuit and around fursuits in general)? I have a feeling that some would like to stand more by what they're close to than others, of course there are lots of different opinions. What with "stereotyping" and all.
I actually don't know xD if I worded that properly or explained it well enough lol, but I hope I did. Because I almost have a feeling I'm not making sense :o

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Ambroise

• Male
    • Facebook
Re: Furs and other furs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »
Ambrosie likes to chase kitties.....
But more seriously.

I've never really felt anything like that around other furries....or maybe because I've not actually socialized with many.
De'La Rot

Offline Cchytale Murilega

• Species: Cat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:00:07 pm »
I never felt that way I don't think. Hell, my ex-boyfriend was a snake/raptor hybrid. And I'm a cat.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »
I'm more likely to be attracted to furs, period. Weird coincidence: i had two friends I really liked, and found they both were furries... Best day of my life, though never got to date them...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33:23 am »
I don't think (generally) furs of one species are going to be more attracted to the same species. I'm a snow leopard, my mate is a fox and my ex is a wolf. I don't think it makes any difference.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 11:58:03 am »
It all depends on who the person really is. I mean, I could meet a girl canine, feline, fish, pony, dragon, or a dog/cat/fish/pony/dragon, and that wont matter to me, as long as she is the right one for me. Heck, she doesn't even have to be a furry x3

Meh, what do I know? I've never had a girlfriend :P
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:02:41 pm by Carter CatFox »
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Nyeti

• the "frigglebiscuit" approves!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:42:46 am »
doesn't matter what species they are,i don't care....i just want someone furry to talk to irl!!!!!!!

lol Carter,we're in that boat together x3
i really have a crazy thing for orange juice...and apples o.o

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 05:32:33 am »
In terms of romantic attraction (which seems to be how people are interpreting this?), I really can't say.  However, I do know that my ears kind of perk up when I see anyone with an otter fursona.  I really love otters.  So, I figure that anyone with an otter fursona will probably have that in common with me.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline khurynn

• oulf!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:06 pm »
Usually not, although for me my fursona is more of an inner spirit guide than just a character to role-play.   So if someone else was a wolf fur for a similar reason, we could potentially develop a bond based around that.  But ideally we'd have more in common than that. 

I was in a relationship with a cat until recently and the difference in species never really caused problems.

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can. And that's what makes it so damn beautiful."  -Roy Mustang

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 02:09:43 am »
I do have a "thing" for skunks, seek out other skunks, especially at conventions. Otters, kangaroos, are also high up on the list. But it really comes down to the person, above all else.  ;)
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Brunn

• Baa-Grr!
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 02:21:45 pm »
I'd say I'm more attracted to hanging out with other furs in general, because we tend to have the same silly personalities. But I at least have never experienced an attraction to someone with a similar fursona (Though I can't say I've ever met any other bears or beargoats). My mate's a sandcat, and the furs we hang out with most often are canines and a kangaroo!
Please feel free to check out my Blog and my DeviantART!