Author Topic: Tips for a beginner at drawing ?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline KaroFox

• Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
  • Male
Tips for a beginner at drawing ?
« on: June 15, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »
well, i'm posting this because, i want to learn how to draw good. Any tips for an beginner?
and ye, when i get better (if i get better) i want to try drawing anthro too  :P

want to learn drawing because, well, i'm realy good with clay and making miniature "sculptures" from it , so i thoth, maby i would be good at drawing too?  :)

Well then, post if should i try to learn how to draw good, and if so, what tips you have.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:29:33 pm by KaroFox »
ech i can believe it, i'm starting to like canines =^_^=

yay, i got 2 stars.

Offline KaroFox

• Male
Re: Tips for a beginner at drawing ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:52:18 pm »
looks like i'm not geting a reply any time soon, so i will go to sleep and maby tommorow i will see some replies. ( I hope  :D)

(sorry for double post -.-)

yay, i got 2 stars.

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »
Tip one. Grab a piece of paper and a pencil. Sit down, lay down, or what ever is comfortable for you, and start drawing. I know it might seem pointless, but many people are bad drawers because they think they are. The more you draw, the more confident you get. And the more confident you get, the better.

Hope that helps.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 08:22:30 pm »
Here is a tip you might like. Im no good at drawing either but Im trying to improve and at the same time learning to use computer to draw. But here it is.

When you are unispired and cannot think of anything to draw, just do a scribble on you paper and then let if flow.  This has gotten me started many times when I could not think of a subject.  Your pencil will guide you.

This tip was passed to me by a local ilistrator who does comics and I have used it successfuly ever since.

A second tip is just to keep drawing even when you dont think you can do it any more.  It will come back and you will get better with every picture.

Good luck and have fun.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Iriden

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:33:45 pm »
I rarely 'draw.' But I sketch daily. :P And that's been a huge help...
I learned it from a guy who posted on DA his secret tutorial for drawing.
It was truly, the secret to success.
You clicked it and up popped a picture, as you scrolled down all you saw was picture after picture after picture.
He had stitched together, in one image, the eighty some things he'd sketched, scrawled or finished that month.
At the bottom it said, "Just Draw!"

Which I've found to be true.
It's a muscle in your brain and coordination in your hand.
Just draw everyday, and pay no attention to what you think is good or not.
Just draw, and sooner than you think, work you're happy with will show up on paper.

Otherwise, it just depends on what you want to learn.
If you wana draw "realistically' then find it in front of you and draw, draw, draw.
If you like a certain style, practice expressing your work in those ways.

I will say though, learn the "skeleton" technique for anatomy. That's mad helpful! Like insanely so, and saves sooooo much headache. ;.;
Making light lines too really helps against the stress of erasing. >.< Then lay down the more permanent strokes harder.

Good luck! Keep at it.  : D
"Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War."

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:00:24 am »
Actually, there have been several "tips for beginners" threads here. So a good place to start is to use the forum's search feature.

Having said that, I'll say as I usually say in these kind of threads, which is, practice drawing simple three dimensional geometric shapes. It might seem odd, but there are a lot of skills you'll be developing doing that which will a lot towards learning to draw well.

If you work in clay, you already likely have skills with visualizing things in 3D, which should help.

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:42 am »
Another couple of places to concentrate it to pratice facial expressions for different emotions, and pratice differentiating the sexes.  i just started on the emotional expression and all my characters looke male.  i have no idea how to draw female character but will be looking up and studying it soon.  i also need to figure out how to draw fluid lines with my shakey hands.  A few challenges to overcome.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline KaroFox

• Male
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:48:56 am »
thanks for the replys everyone  :D i will try my best.

and about the other threads about help to begginers, i saw a couple of them, but they were old, thoth maybe someone new in this forum could give me a tip.

yay, i got 2 stars.

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:02:14 am »
well i got started with simple shapes and lines,
before drawing more difficult structure drawings.
everything has a shape once you learn the basics of finding it drawing can be very easy.
then you can practice texture and shading if you want the most details.
drawing is just an illusion like any other picture find your own style and make the illusion.
(omg i sound like a teacher x_x)
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:55:41 am »
Draw a bit each day. As said draw basic objects to learn
perspective and shading. 

Since you do sculptures you already have a practiced eye for
shapes, and character forms, so learning to draw them shouldn't
be too difficult for you.

There are many tutorials on the internet for drawing. Just do some
google searches, then practice to improve your art.

Also if you don't mind having others see your drawings and are receptive
to constructive comments. We are always glad to help.

Keep up the good work.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com