Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
the polling booth / Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Last post by cause the rat on Today at 03:24:43 am »
Went to our local wallmart today. Big sign on the doors asking for all shoppers to wear masks. America is now over 672000 deaths. And 41.993000+ confirmed cases. Guess places are trying their best to keep as many people alive as possible. There were 405000+ American deaths in WWII. With a total of 1,079000+ total casualties. Republicans and right wing media have killed off more Americans AND caused more Americans to suffer than nazi Germany.

« Last post by Jade Sinapu on September 17, 2021, 09:23:47 pm »
I got the second pfizer shot on April 21st 2021.
There were few side effects for me, and no different than any vac I've gotten. 
Unfortunately I did not develop super powers, or grow fur IRL.
I hardly felt the shot.  Needles do not bother me anymore so I'm relaxed getting shots. 

I am confused on the hesitation from some.
I often think this,  God gave us a brain,  use it. Get the shot.
And for non believers I say,  see the science, get the shot.
We have freedoms,  but to the point of infringing on others freedoms and safety? Idk.

When I went to college I had to show proof of vaccines before going.  I'm glad students had meningitis vaccines. 
I wish people would get the covid shot, then we can get back to life.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by cause the rat on September 17, 2021, 07:47:23 pm »
The Best art forum on line is going to close down by the end of the year. Wet Canvas.
« Last post by Kobuk on September 17, 2021, 01:35:38 pm »
Well, this is slightly good news. :) I got the Moderna vaccine back in April/May. What did everybody else get?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/moderna-vaccine-most-effective-cdc-study/index.html

On a side note........

Sticks sign on front door of my cafe/coffee shop: "Masks required. No exceptions. Furs who refuse to wear a mask and/or are unvaccinated must order and pick up outside by the kitchen window. "
« Last post by Kobuk on September 17, 2021, 09:13:54 am »
Kobuk, wet cough good. Dry cough bad. Still best to get checked. Because only 2/3 or 67% of covid cases have dry coughs.

We have a anti vaccer at work who just went to a family members funeral. Died of covid. Have to wait till Monday to see if he is still spewing out his praising the republican party and anti vaccine rhetoric. Both cases and the death toll keeps rising. According to John Hopkins University there has been over 670.000 US deaths. The good news is more than half of our population has at least one of the two shots. It appears that some major right wing media outlets (fox news) is now telling people to get the shots. Guess their ratings went down. All their viewers are dying off. Hopefully these people will come to terms with the fact that it is the right wing media and republican party who murdered their friends, family members and now children.

And the bad news of that is that some people tend to believe that's all they need is just one shot when in reality it actually takes 2 shots to be fully vaccinated.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require 2 shots to be effective.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is 1 shot.
And booster shots "may" be needed, but the FDA and CDC are still discussing that at the moment. If boosters are needed, I'm getting one. No hesitation from me. :)
the polling booth / Re: What will be Kobuks next fursuit?
« Last post by cause the rat on September 17, 2021, 07:19:09 am »
Jade. Yes! a furry dolphin! The world has had it's woolly mammoths. Now wee need our fuzzy fish!

Years ago I belonged to a Christmas forum. We sent each other cards every year. Privet messages where used to share addresses. Sending out 50 or so cards was kinda expensive. But getting about that many cards was nice.
« Last post by cause the rat on September 17, 2021, 07:13:49 am »
Kobuk, wet cough good. Dry cough bad. Still best to get checked. Because only 2/3 or 67% of covid cases have dry coughs.

We have a anti vaccer at work who just went to a family members funeral. Died of covid. Have to wait till Monday to see if he is still spewing out his praising the republican party and anti vaccine rhetoric. Both cases and the death toll keeps rising. According to John Hopkins University there has been over 670.000 US deaths. The good news is more than half of our population has at least one of the two shots. It appears that some major right wing media outlets (fox news) is now telling people to get the shots. Guess their ratings went down. All their viewers are dying off. Hopefully these people will come to terms with the fact that it is the right wing media and republican party who murdered their friends, family members and now children.
« Last post by Kobuk on September 16, 2021, 10:10:40 pm »
The more I read about coronavirus on the news, the more it sickens me to hear all the unvaccinated spewing their conspiracies and how they don't want to get the vaccine. It's people like those who are holding up this nation (and the rest of the world) from getting back to normal. It's the unvaccinated who are making things worse in this country, not better.

Just shut up and take your damn medicine! Quit acting like a bunch of immature and infantile cry babies and suck it up!
>:(

general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Kobuk on September 16, 2021, 10:04:13 pm »
My Blu-ray player broke today. Luckily, I had a spare that I hooked up.

Dealing with multiple dental issues the past few days........and pain.  :'( On antibiotics right now, but dealing with a side effect which I'd rather not mention.

Anchor chain on one of my model ships is loose. Have to fix that tomorrow.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on September 16, 2021, 07:44:51 pm »
I have not seen a doctor.
Took day off and slept.
Feeling better, so that is good.  Have till monday to get even better I hope.
I will get a rapid test tomorrow anyway. 
Hurray for DEEP NASAL SWABS!
 :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10