furry arts discussion > singing, music, & dance

Dj Vix-N

(1/2) > >>

Sumarra:
I'm no composer, but I was browsing through the Choice of the Week area and found DJ Vix-N's songs.

I have to say that I just love her stuff! Go check her songs out: http://www.djvixn.furtopia.org/music.html

And I want to thank the staff involved in the Choice of the Week for putting great talent like that in the spot light.

DrakonianDanceR:
I've already seen her site, and listened to some of the music.  It's alright, but I know she didn't write the majority of it.  As far as I can hear, the songs I heard were made in Dance eJay 2 (I know because I used to use it), using all the pre-written and produced samples that come with it, and the 'expansion' sample sets.

I don't want to come across too negative, or anything, but really, anyone with Dance eJay 2 could reproduce the music identically that's on her site.

Oh, this is my first post here for a while.  Sorry I've been gone, but I've been going through some very tough times.

Sumarra:
I'm sure that's true. But when it comes to music out on the market today, I'll bet there's a lot of rip-off or copy-cats going on. I often find new songs to be predictable and I've notice that some artists will take bits a pieces from other songs then slap them all together to make something new and good to listen to.

So I personally don't think it's any crime to rehash materials into a new sound. The results she came up with, using what she had at hand, made some really nice songs to listen to. I hope she can produce more.

Vergil:
I've talked to DJ several times online.  She's really nice, and a good artist to boot.:)

We're somewhat good online friends, and I've already promised her a personalized demo of my first Furry RPG.;)

Kattywampus:
The majority of electronic music these days is created from libraries of samples that are available for purchase.  You're still a composer if you can put them together in a pleasing fashion.    I dig the Fluffy Tails Mix.  =^_^=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version