Kitsune_H:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/02/flight.breasts.ap/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/08/02/flight.diverted.ap/index.html

I think these speak for theirselves...

:
*nods grimly*
*smiles as he admires his tail*

:
"Paranoia at its best"? Oh, come on!  If the authorities didn't check these people out and something happened can you imagine all the screaming that would occur about their NOT investigating?  What plane would YOU like to be on, one where the screeners were thorough, or one where they didn't want to bruise any feelings and gave everyone the benefit of the doubt?

Simo:
How does this illustrate "hyoomans being stupid"?
Japanese man flying to Ohio was arrested after he was seen writing down the words "suicide bomb," but he was released without charge after explaining that it was an impromptu English exercise. [...]

The man was aboard United Airlines flight 1184 en route to Dayton, Ohio, on a business trip Sunday when a fellow passenger spotted the words and alerted an attendant, Casanova said.

Kudos to that passenger for being vigilant and doing what he should have done. As for the Japanese businessman, how is he at fault here? He didn't know the meaning of the words. That's why he wrote them down for future reference. The proper authorities were notified, acted quickly to clear up this case. I don't see any evidence of "stupidity" anywhere in this story.

Oscar Arela and his girlfriend were removed from Flight 952 on Saturday after he refused to change the shirt or turn it inside out at Miami International Airport.

The couple, who were making a connecting flight, said nobody on their earlier flight objected to the shirt and claimed the airline violated their constitutional right to free speech.

Now this guy, Oscar Arela, was being a dumb-@55. How much of an imposition would it have been for him to change the shirt? Furthermore, the First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law...". That's CONGRESS, not American Airlines, shall make no law...  

The First Amendment doesn't apply to private entities, who remain free to make whatever rules they believe to be in their best interest.

Now this is a good illustration of stupidity in action.  

Savaaha:
I agree with Oxy...No not stupidity... Its those who watch who MIGHT prevent another 911..

I would also suggest to the Japanese gentleman to invest in an english tutor ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version