community group sub-forums > foodie furs

Last thing you cooked

<< < (6/8) > >>

Kobuk:

--- Quote ---Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies!
--- End quote ---

My grandmother made those for me when I was a kid. I miss her baking.  :(

cause the rat:
I did the 'substitute margarine for Crisco'. Doesn't work. Thee is a difference in moisture content between the two of them. Crisco being the dryer of the two. I had to add another 1/3 cup of flour to make the dough stiffer for rolling. This cut down the sugar ratio. Making the cookies noticeably different in sweetness. Not quite sweet dog biscuits. The lower amount of sugar also made the cookies firmer. More like hard as a rock. :) So I would have to say the advice on the can of Crisco is wrong. You can not substitute Crisco one per one with butter or margarine. But I do agree Crisco does not make a good sandwich spread.  :D

The recipe for Nestle Tollhouse Cookies with out the chips makes great cookies as well. I add nuts to the mix. Bake them just like the chip version.

Kay Alett:
Texas Kolaches

These are technically Klobasneks but in texas we call 'em kolaches. It's basically a giant pig in a blanket. Sweet and meaty these are a breakfast staple in texas.

Kobuk:
Pigs in a blanket.
Yep, I remember those. Had them plenty of times when I was a kid. My mother would roll up a hot dog in a piece of Pillsbury Crescent roll dough, then bake it. Sometimes, she would add a slice of cheese when rolling up the hot dog.

Jade Sinapu:
Gee Kobuk, sounds exactly like my mom!  Good memories!

Last thing I cooked was a small steak for myself, and a piece for the hound.  She loves meat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version