Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 106089 times)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1775 on: May 21, 2022, 10:57:55 pm »
Sadly I can't go to furlandia. I'm absolutely heart broken. This is the only con I go to every year and now I can't  :'(
Why do I need to be fully vaxxed? Why can't we just have fun like used to, when no one was bothered by vaxx stats?
Can't we go back to the good old days?  :'(

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #1776 on: May 22, 2022, 07:52:07 pm »
Dad is considering murdering a wild rat that's been hanging around our nieborhood.
I ordered a havaheart trap but dad also has a bb gun that could probably kill a rat.
Never knew my dad could be so violent, he's never acted violent before  :(

That SUX. Had the same problems with my old man and chipmunks and mousies. I talked him out of killing the chipmunks by printing out information that proved the old wive's tales about chipmunks and damage to foundations was just that: an old wive's tale.

More nonsense when the mousies invaded. I got a Hav-aHeart from the hardware store and caught all of them. He insisted they were "filthy animals"; I showed him these mousies playing in a water dish, and asked one question: "How 'filthy' can they be if they like playing in water and regularly bathing?". He had no answer, but he also didn't kill them.

Sadly I can't go to furlandia. I'm absolutely heart broken. This is the only con I go to every year and now I can't  :'(
Why do I need to be fully vaxxed? Why can't we just have fun like used to, when no one was bothered by vaxx stats?

I'm in the same situation, Firelight. I have been to just about every AnthrOhio since the con began as Morphicon back in Ought 4. This year, AnthrOhio declared pure bloods unwelcome. Believe me, AnthrOhio '19 was my last AnthrOhio. I won't be back.

"Why do I need to be fully vaxxed?" Because the Chair and Board of Furlandia are idiots. By excluding pure bloods, and insisting that all guests take those clot chots, they could very welll have blood on their hands. There is no reason why you should take an injection of an untested, never before tried, experimental genetic modification that has been proved to be neither effective nor safe. I know I was saying back in '21 that "I was dying to attend a con", but I didn't mean it literally.

"Why can't we just have fun like used to, when no one was bothered by vaxx stats?"

Joe Biteme, that quack and puppy tormentor, Tony Fraudci, Al Bourla, Steffi Bancel, and Wall St fat cats need your help to drive up share prices. That's more important than fun, especially for a peasent like you and the rest of us. As George Carlin put it: "It's a big club and you ain't in it".

Want your good old days back? Then take them back!. That means mass noncompliance. That means telling the Chair and Board of Furlandia that you are through with them, that you are never going to attend another one of their cons. You don't beg, you don't plead, you hit 'em where it really hurts: in the bank account. Thta's the only way you're ever going to get back to "normal".
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1777 on: May 22, 2022, 09:13:15 pm »
I'd LOVE to show off my fursuit of Firelight who I got three years(?) ago, but haven't been able to go to any cons since. I guess I'll have to wait next year. Hopefully everyone will chill out about Covid. Can't use it as an excuse forever.

Offline Simo

• Male
« Reply #1778 on: May 23, 2022, 03:02:32 am »

^
|

I hear ya. I'm still waiting for One Fur All to get my fursuit done. Back in '18, they said two years. Then the fakedemic set them way back. The last I heard, there were a dozen orders to fill before they could start on mine, so it looks like another two years.

I don't know your situation, but at least there are furcons close enough that do welcome everyone, regardless of "vaccination" status. Looks like I'll be going to Mephit Fur Meet from now on.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1779 on: June 03, 2022, 10:48:09 pm »
Car A/C died after it was fixed.  Hmmm... guess maybe this time I will either fix it "right" or forget about it.
I am getting tired.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1780 on: June 05, 2022, 05:02:08 pm »
I don't have all the details but here's what I know.
Some people have the road i have been living on and it looks like everyone living here is going to have to leave.

This sucks...
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1781 on: June 08, 2022, 04:01:13 pm »
Trying to take pictures of some of my models so I can post them to website model galleries..........and failing.  :'(
All I've got is a cheap, old Sony point and shoot digital camera that's maybe 10 years old to work with. Not many settings on the camera are adjustable either.
I desperately need a new camera. But it'll have to wait till maybe tax refund time next year.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1782 on: June 09, 2022, 11:12:19 am »
Kobuk, sometimes better lighting can compensate for a camera issue.
Sorry about that.  I used a $35 camera at work, and it was always in soft focus...it also weighed like 1 ounce.
I bet that is cheaper than what you have!  Sony are always better than that!

My bad news is that I have injured my back again, and have a hard time doing ... anything.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1783 on: August 06, 2022, 02:07:49 pm »
 My bad news is at work they talk hot button politics instead of work,  and some are making violent threats.  It has become uncomfortable for me and others at work. 

I will probably have to go to human resources to get anything done but I don't want to.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Simo

• Male
« Reply #1784 on: August 10, 2022, 12:33:10 am »

^
|

That SUX, Jade. I have a policy of never talking politics or religion during work. Doesn't your supervisor object to your colleagues' not getting any work done? Maybe ignore them, refuse to join in, and just do your work.
ICYI:

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1785 on: August 12, 2022, 02:37:00 pm »
Bummer Jade. Try laughing at them. Truth hurts.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1786 on: August 24, 2022, 06:38:45 pm »
I still hear them talk about the things they were talking about.  Their supervisor doesn't seem to catch on.  My supervisor knows now what is going on.  There was a phone conversation,  people were floored about what I said happened.  Will see what happens if anything. 

My bad news is our company seems to be losing people all of the sudden.  Hmm.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1787 on: August 27, 2022, 02:28:59 pm »
Loosing people? Perhaps that's good news Jade.  I've been at the same place for 29 years now. It's not the job, it's the people you work with that makes the job. This has been true everywhere I've worked.

Messed up on how much vacation time I actually have. Had to cut this one short and go back to work.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1788 on: September 01, 2022, 09:40:55 pm »
My brother needed shoulder surgery.  He waited and finally got it done.
I was visiting him a week ago because surgery failed.  Sutures pulled out of tendon and muscle went slack.  Pin still in bone.
During that initial surgery,  he was given a nerve block in his c6,c7 vertebra to paralyze his shoulder and such.  It paralyzed his right lung and half of diaphragm.    It was a big deal as he couldn't breathe.  It resolved in a day.  Doctors said it was actually common.

Anyway on his second surgery to make his right arm useful again,  he was doing OK. Then they started to take him off anesthesia and for some reason he had anaphylaxis and his heart stopped.  He was without oxygen for 2 minutes potentially.  Was rushed to a hospital that could actually do more.
He was resuscitated and started getting oxygen via a tube.
He almost died and no one seems to know why or are not talking.
But he needs to know why so it can be avoided again.

He is able to text me and take a selfie. So that is good!
But it shook me up bad.  My brother and I despite issues, are close. 
Sometimes he is all I have.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1789 on: September 05, 2022, 08:08:00 pm »
My brother is doing better, but his meds are making him very irritable.
But he is alive still!

My bad news is I can't seem to control my crazy dog Wanda.
Small first world issues, I know.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1790 on: September 07, 2022, 09:43:05 pm »
Well, one of my modeling friends decided to take a trip to Oregon for a school reunion (and to visit relatives too). So for the next 2 1/2 weeks, I won't be able to go to my monthly model club meeting nor go to an upcoming model contest. He was the only person that was able to give me rides to these events.

School reunions suck. I don't see the point in going to them. I have no interest in going to mine.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1791 on: September 07, 2022, 09:45:46 pm »
P.S. - Have a doctor appointment on Friday for a foot injury. :(

Offline Simo

• Male
« Reply #1792 on: September 09, 2022, 01:09:17 am »

"School reunions suck. I don't see the point in going to them. I have no interest in going to mine."

Agreed! I skipped out on mine. I didn't see any point, and I wasn't particularly interested in seeing these folks. I have better things to do with my time.
ICYI:

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1793 on: October 01, 2022, 12:40:21 pm »
My reconditioned Dell Latitude laptop became unusable due to a bad charging port. Was advised to get another laptop as the cost to repair the old one would be almost as much. That's why I've not checked in here for some months.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1794 on: October 17, 2022, 09:12:21 pm »
Upcoming apartment inspection on Friday and/or next week Tuesday. :(
Everybody in my apartment complex got a notice.
So the last few days and this week, I've been cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1795 on: November 01, 2022, 10:56:42 pm »
I think I have an ear infection -_-

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1796 on: December 02, 2022, 08:40:30 pm »
Had a crown pop off while watching a movie this afternoon. No dentist available until Monday.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:40:41 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1797 on: December 03, 2022, 10:18:59 am »
Had a crown pop off while watching a movie this afternoon. No dentist available until Monay.

That's what I hate about dentists. They're almost never open on weekends when you have something major happen.  >:(
This is why when I schedule my appointments, I always go early in the week like Monday or Tuesday. So if something bad happens, then maybe the dentist can squeeze me in for an emergency appointment on Weds., Thurs., or Fri.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1798 on: December 03, 2022, 12:51:55 pm »
Went to the library this morning hoping to pick up a book that was on hold for me.
Nope. Library was closed.
Thing is, the library website said they'd be closed on Dec. 2 and 4, but would be open on the 3rd.
I get down to the library today to find a notice on the door that says the library will be closed the ENTIRE weekend..........including the 3rd!  :o  >:(
Yeah, great communication there, folks.  :P

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1799 on: December 05, 2022, 10:37:48 am »
My bad news is we lost 2 more people last week at work.
Over my measly 3 years there we have "lost" 30 people.  We did not misplace them, they left!
Nice place to work huh?
(Name that tune!)