Author Topic: Voting laws aimed at minorities struck down.  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Voting laws aimed at minorities struck down.
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:59:29 am »
It is shameful how the GOP has pushed for voting laws ainmed against people
they feel won't support them.

They claim to be working to stop voter fraud, but there is very little evidence of it.

Here is a link on the subject.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/30/courts-deal-setbacks-to-gop-voting-restrictions-in-3-states.html
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Voting laws aimed at minorities struck down.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:44:13 pm »
The republican parter sucks. Hopefully more people will see what they are. Vote them out of office.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 11:28:18 am »
What is so wrong with voter ID and showing who you are? Just a simple show of an ID card isn't too much to ask in my opinion. Glancing at the article, this seems like The Democrats are going to the other end of the spectrum so to speak which is just as ugly.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 01:23:28 pm »
What is so wrong with voter ID and showing who you are? Just a simple show of an ID card isn't too much to ask in my opinion. Glancing at the article, this seems like The Democrats are going to the other end of the spectrum so to speak which is just as ugly.

When voter ID laws are enacted, the rate of minority votes goes down. Minorities often do not have the means to obtain the documents needed for voter ID. It's not that they aren't eligible to vote, but they can't prove that they are. It's all a scheme to keep people, mainly democratic minorities, from voting. If it was super easy to identify yourself, then we'd be having a different conversation, I think.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 11:25:59 pm »
I just voted today. Like at any place I've voted before I've had to show an ID OR a voter registration card. I have the option of either or both.  Without a proper ID card no one will ever be turned away. Any one who has registered to vote gets them. I get one a year. When you vote you put your name next to your ID number. The thing that will turn voters away is the need to have more than one ID. If I didn't drive I wouldn't have a driver's license. There are plenty of voters out there who don't have a second from of ID. This makes this process unfair to them. So Yes, any time you make it harder for someone to vote it is wrong. The republican party is targeting voters. They are chasing their own propaganda on voter fraud. Voter fraud has never been proven to be a problem or wide spread. That is the truth. The republican party uses their own propaganda to justify their actions.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 12:20:27 pm »
I think it's been proved the GOP fairs better when fewer people
vote. So why should we be surprised when they work to keep
people from voting. Especially those who might favor the other
party.

I wish they would let people vote by snail mail. That would make
it much easier for older people and the handicapped to vote. Also
it would eliminate the need to wait for hours in long lines to vote.

I have to depend on someone else to take me, and fill out my ballot because I
can't see it well enough. If it was mailed I could take my time, and perhaps
manage to do it myself. The way it is i am deprived of the secret ballot.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:31:13 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com