Author Topic: Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States  (Read 7702 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2016, 12:12:39 pm »
We should not sit and worry, but we should watch. There will be signs, and if Trump
follows the desires of the extreme right, I hope there are enough people in congress
to stand against it.

The old story of slowly boiling the frog in a pot can happen to a country as well.

Letting little seemingly good things pass can add up to big controls over time. The
GOP wants to pack the supreme court with conservatives. The vice president
elect is a radical and wants to cure gays, and stop all abortion.

So keep watch and in 2 years we can tell the GOP how well they are doing.

I do think Trump should ask people to calm down, and lay out what he really
wants to do. Not more political rhetoric about the media or the system being
against him.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:56:02 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2016, 09:34:42 pm »
But we're not talking about robots built for a high school competition; we're discussing extremely complex robots that have to be built to a strict budget to accomplish a goal whilst meeting whatever the minimum standard for the industry might be. These are robots built using 32 bit PICs that cost three dollars a piece because they're economical, restrictive instruction kit and terrible development tools be damned, and the circuit boards have to be laid out perfectly because they're so condensed that two traces could interfere with one another and cause malfunctions. These are extremely difficult robots to build. You'd require a proper and thorough education in robotics, electronic engineering and maybe even computer science to build these things. Who's going to do all of this? The people in the rust belt clamouring for the factory jobs that died off twenty years ago to be brought back because they don't have an education?

well again if education was done property it would not be difficult for them to learn research/development of robotic/automated things. fix the education system and many problems should become solved pretty quickly.

also those who are not that educated should easily be able to get a job maintaining the machines physically, and building the machines physically (not that difficult to tick weld, solder wires, layout metal sheets/computer chips, ect.) the more complex jobs can be taken by those who who can get college education.

also bring back metal foundries and that will offer alot more jobs that dont require too high of an education, just on the job training.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2016, 01:10:02 pm »
Trump and his people are saying Obama and Clinton should tell their supporters to
calm down. I think they should calm down later, and go to work getting people out
to vote in 2018. The demonstrations  might help keep the GOP from going too far to
the right, especially if they think it might cost them their office in 2018.

They should work to prevent voter suppression, to vote for people who support
peoples right to vote which includes early voting. No matter which party who might
feel suppression works for them.

Let's work to get rid of the electoral system and any other device that could
prevent the peoples wishes from being followed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:28:03 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2016, 09:59:57 pm »
Trump and his people are saying Obama and Clinton should tell their supporters to
calm down. I think they should calm down later, and go to work getting people out
to vote in 2018. The demonstrations  might help keep the GOP from going too far to

these demonstrations defiantly seem like riots to me. yes riots are usually a lot worse but iv been seeing some pictures/videos of random broken windows, trash all over the place, idiots standing out of traffic getting hit by cars due to it being the middle of the night (heard that they actually started shooting at a car once), people lighting stuff on fire, pulling people out of their cars attacking them for being trump supporters/white, vandalism with blm or any other stuff like that, destruction of power line boxes/other government/community things, ect.

these should be peaceful and reasonable protests, what is going on atm is not peaceful/reasonable. they are just causing more damage to structures, and more disorder in society. work together to fix what you dont like, dont be destroying other people's stuff or community owned stuff.

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2016, 05:57:06 am »
But we're not talking about robots built for a high school competition; we're discussing extremely complex robots that have to be built to a strict budget to accomplish a goal whilst meeting whatever the minimum standard for the industry might be. These are robots built using 32 bit PICs that cost three dollars a piece because they're economical, restrictive instruction kit and terrible development tools be damned, and the circuit boards have to be laid out perfectly because they're so condensed that two traces could interfere with one another and cause malfunctions. These are extremely difficult robots to build. You'd require a proper and thorough education in robotics, electronic engineering and maybe even computer science to build these things. Who's going to do all of this? The people in the rust belt clamouring for the factory jobs that died off twenty years ago to be brought back because they don't have an education?

well again if education was done property it would not be difficult for them to learn research/development of robotic/automated things. fix the education system and many problems should become solved pretty quickly.

also those who are not that educated should easily be able to get a job maintaining the machines physically, and building the machines physically (not that difficult to tick weld, solder wires, layout metal sheets/computer chips, ect.) the more complex jobs can be taken by those who who can get college education.

also bring back metal foundries and that will offer alot more jobs that dont require too high of an education, just on the job training.

These are people who may have been out of school for maybe up to thirty years who would each take at least four or five years to re-educate. Your assertion that fixing the education system would rectify this issue doesn't seem to suggest that you're understanding the magnitude of this task.

And again, there are no factory jobs anymore, not of the magnitude these people want -- even the manufacturing of machines is done by machines, as they require a high degree of precision to make and is ultimately less costly to automate the entire line. And to maintain these machines also requires an education and experience. You can't fix delicate precision machinery otherwise.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2016, 11:16:34 am »

these demonstrations defiantly seem like riots to me. yes riots are usually a lot worse but iv been seeing some pictures/videos of random broken windows, trash all over the place, idiots standing out of traffic getting hit by cars due to it being the middle of the night (heard that they actually started shooting at a car once), people lighting stuff on fire, pulling people out of their cars attacking them for being trump supporters/white, vandalism with blm or any other stuff like that, destruction of power line boxes/other government/community things, ect.

these should be peaceful and reasonable protests, what is going on atm is not peaceful/reasonable. they are just causing more damage to structures, and more disorder in society. work together to fix what you dont like, dont be destroying other people's stuff or community owned stuff.

I agree protests should be peaceful and organized too, but these have been spontaneous
and for the most part peaceful. Unless you call signs and shouting bad names about
Trump not being peaceful.. People have a right to gather and show their feelings as
long as they don't break the law.  Seems there are always those who feel the need to
do damage or harm others. I think some use the demonstration as a cover to
break into stores and loot..

Trump calls them professionals hired by the Media. How do we know those who are
causing damage weren't hired by Trump to make the rest look bad? It's not likely,
but I think we know he hired people to show up in his ralleys to stir his supporters
up.

Like I said the best thing these people can do is get out and work for what they
believe. That will do more good than a lot of shouting, and blocking traffic. Which
tends to turn conservatives against them.

Trump has no business getting into this. That job belongs to the legal system. He just muddies the process.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:22:35 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2016, 01:28:13 pm »
These are people who may have been out of school for maybe up to thirty years who would each take at least four or five years to re-educate. Your assertion that fixing the education system would rectify this issue doesn't seem to suggest that you're understanding the magnitude of this task.

And again, there are no factory jobs anymore, not of the magnitude these people want -- even the manufacturing of machines is done by machines, as they require a high degree of precision to make and is ultimately less costly to automate the entire line. And to maintain these machines also requires an education and experience. You can't fix delicate precision machinery otherwise.

things like opening up motors, replacing bearings, lubricating moving parts, ect. are the type of physical jobs im talking about. you dont need years of education to do something as simple as that. if its something that manufactures something that is extremely precise like computer chips than yes you will need to spend a little longer learning but in many cases the robots/automated things are strong/sturdy equipment that you would need to mess up really bad in order for something to go wrong.

and yes i do realize fixing the education system is a very big thing, and will take alot of effort. though in my opinion it is something that is defiantly worth it. with the current education system we are wasting valuable time that they could be learning, on stuff that they will likely never/rarely need to deal with in the future, and risk causing mental health issues. we need to focus more on like skills, actual useful science, mechanical/computer skills, possibly cooking, laws, finding jobs, ect. and likely the most important information relating to the career that individual wants.

and you are correct on that last part. even with all this not everyone would get a job. as for that very last part again it depends on what type of machine is being made, some are made carefully some are just thrown together/welded all over the place. many of the machines used are tough pieces of equipment so there isnt much you can do wrong (its more likely the software engineer/machine operator will make a mistake than for the machine to have issues)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2016, 06:20:16 pm »
Well, for all those who thought Donald Trump was bad, you've got a lot more to fear from Steve Bannon.  :o THIS is a guy we definately DON'T need.  >:(

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/white-nationalists-on-bannon/index.html?sr=fbCNN111416white-nationalists-on-bannon0815PMStoryLink&linkId=31143751

http://www.tmj4.com/news/national/trump-makes-controversial-pick-for-senior-aide
The Bannon pick, however, is anything but uncontroversial.

Under Bannon's tenure, Brietbart pushed a nationalist agenda and became one of the leading outlets of the so-called alt-right — a movement often associated with white supremacist ideas that oppose multiculturalism and defend "Western values."

John Weaver, a Republican strategist who worked for Ohio Gov. John Kasich's presidential campaign, tweeted, "The racist, fascist extreme right is represented footsteps from the Oval Office. Be very vigilant, America."

Bannon, who became campaign CEO in August, pushed Trump to adopt more populist rhetoric and paint rival Hillary Clinton as part of a global conspiracy made up of the political, financial and media elite, bankers bent on oppressing the country's working people — a message that carried Trump to the White House but to some, carried anti-Semitic undertones.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2016, 11:46:38 am »
Now that Trump is going to be the next President of the United States, we are all aware of some of the various campaign promises he has pledged to make happen.......or try to make happen such as building a wall between Mexico and the U.S., Deporting illegal immigrants, and so much more. People across the country and around the world are worried and afraid of what Trump will ultimately do once he gets in the White House next January. It has led to mass speculation, rumors, conspiracy theories, etc. about how he'll run this country.

Here's a small sample list of some of the crackpot things I've seen and heard about what Trump might do. Not all of these come from the Net. I've read them in supermarket tabloid magazines, heard them on the bus from other passengers, and so forth.

a) Trump wants to completely dissolve NATO and allow Russia to take back countries that broke away from it.
b) Dissolution of the Democratic Party in the U.S.
c) End all Liberalism in the U.S. now and forever.
d) Create political prisons for "political dissidents" who oppose Trump and his policies.
e) Annex Canada as a territory of the U.S.
f) Send in U.S. military forces into Mexico to hunt down and destroy drug traffickers and operations. Use drone strikes, aerial bombing, etc.
g) Ban gay marriage once and for all. People who are found to be gay will be sent to "re-education camps".
h) Bring back the military draft.
j) Dissolve NASA as it is a defunct space agency that hasn't done anything good since the old days of Apollo.
k) Eliminate all environmental laws and policies that are prohibiting resource exploration in Alaska. "Screw the animals and the environment! We need more oil, natural gas, and strip mining." says Trump.

That's just my short list of crazy things heard or read. What have others heard or seen lately?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2016, 02:45:17 am »
ya those are some very crazy things you have been hearing... those are just people flipping out for some crazy reasons that they made up. also trump wouldnt be able to do that much stuff.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2016, 01:08:50 pm »
Trump has backed off some of what he was saying during the campain. I think
he is realizing there are limits on what a president can do.

If the government takes things too far there will be people in the streets. We
had riots in the 1960's due to government policies, or lack of them. I hope he
listens to people that understand what can happen.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2016, 11:48:00 am »
Trump seems to be easily manipulated by those who support him, especially
those in his inner circle.  I hope he listens to others before making major
decisions

Also it appears like most people he ils looking for compliments by the media and others.
He has said he treats others as they treat him. Perhaps this is why he bad mouths
the media one day and brags on them the next.

I hope he doesn't take us to war because a foriegn leader insults him.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2016, 11:03:52 am »
Our man Trump used to say "I think the electorial system needs to go."
He has changed his mind for some reason. Could it be because he is
2 million votes behind Clinton in the popular vote?  :D

I wonder which of his lives will get the most attention? His business life or
the presidency? He may just turn it over to the VP, lwho knows.. He isn't
keeping up with intelligent briefings, so how can he know what he might
need to know. Perhaps that will change when the transition is over.

It boils down to will Trump put our country first or his self?  So far it seems he
is working for Trump. Permits for his businesses in Argintina and Russia expedited
after his election and phone calls from him or his family. Time will tell if we should
call our country the USA or the land of Trump.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:40:28 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2016, 12:30:56 pm »
Trump continues to cry foul over the recounts. I think that is odd. You can be sure if the
results had been reversed with Clinton wining and loosing the popular vote. He would
have been all over the news crying how rigged the election was. Look  how many votes
I have..

Turns out tha three precincts in Wisconsin ended up with more votes for Trump
than there was voters. Thist alone shows reason for a recount.

I think he and his campain worry that if he was shown to loose it might cost him the
election. Or take away from his  percieved mandate.  He should be supporting the
recounts especially since he made all those claims if he lost it would be a rigged election.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:57:24 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2016, 11:18:29 pm »
It boils down to will Trump put our country first or his self?
Is that even a real question?  I mean, Trump is very likely the most arrogant and egotistical person I've ever seen.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2016, 11:35:57 am »
It boils down to will Trump put our country first or his self?
Is that even a real question?  I mean, Trump is very likely the most arrogant and egotistical person I've ever seen.

Yes I know it goes without saying, but we will have to wait to see if the GOP actually
judges Trump for what he is.  Or will they and the media try to normalize him while he
breaks his oath of office? Which is to support the constitution.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2016, 12:10:31 pm »
Trump is 2.2 million votes behind Clinton in the popular vote. So how
does Trump explain this? He claims they are all fraudulent of course.

I suppose many of his supporters believe him, but there is no evidence
this kind of fraud. No matter how much Trump wants it .

It's more likely him trying to divert attention from his appointments and the
recounts he hates. He wants to stand before the country as a winner of all
the people. Well if it wasn't for the antiquated electoral system he would have
lost big and he knows it.

Some say we should accept Trump, well he didn't accept Obama so why should
we accept him? Obama didn't loose the popular vote either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:14:55 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com