Author Topic: Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States  (Read 7667 times)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 10:03:28 pm »
Creating more job searching/training programs, housing programs, drug and alcohol rehab programs, etc. will help to get people back on their feet.
Australia makes unemployed people on welfare use 'employment agencies'. All these agencies are owned by rich people and the majority (pretty much all of them) are corrupt. They forge documents and claim money from the government illegally. Essentially, they tell the government they've found people jobs when they haven't. They also say they've helped people look for work, when they haven't. The Australian government ignores this situation because they don't want to admit that all this corruption is happening and that it is their fault. They claim employment rates are up, this is a lie! The only thing these employment agencies do is make rich people richer. It is a waste of government spending. People are perfectly capable of finding jobs themselves!

Source: ABC NEWS, 4 Corners Investigation.

Depending on various conditions of people (Health, Disability, Transportation issues, etc.), then force the people who can or are still capable of doing some work to do community services in order to continue collecting welfare entitlements. If a person wants that $750 or more welfare check each month, then that person needs to go out and do certain or specified community service chores for specified number of hours each week or month in order to get his/her welfare entitlements.
What a great idea. The government can save money by forcing people to do work for welfare. This means they no longer have to actually hire and pay someone to do these jobs.

The community service chores won't be pretty or glorified, but it will get the "lazy bums" off their butts and outside helping the community and interacting with people.
Of course an older person such as yourself would think that. That is what the media portrays after all. Those lazy millennials that are so privileged.

Problems the younger generation face:
- Their wages are worth less due to the devaluation of money and lack of increased wages.
- There is a surplus of over educated people. This makes finding a job harder as well as creates a vast amount of debt in student loans.
- Many face mental health issues. This is due to many things.
- It takes longer to find a minimum wage job as businesses are slow to hire and there and there are many people competing for a single job.
- Due to the devaluation of money and the ridiculous housing market many will not be able to afford to buy a home in their lifetime.
- Doctors over-diagnose and misdiagnose mental illnesses for the sake of profiting drug companies.
- Absurd obesity rates caused by several things. (The success of many fast food companies, the sugar industry, bad health education and advice, processed foods, etc.)

The list go on. There are many problems that this generation faces because of the greed of the older generations. The media likes to portray 'millennials' as lazy and unemployed. They would like you to believe that this is their fault. And it's not, wake up!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:11:29 pm by Sciex »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »
So...I did read through and look at this thread here and you know what it reminds me of? A bunch of people with propoganda and a sandwich sign on them shouting "IT'S THE END TIMES! IT'S THE END TIMES!!!" Y'know....kind of like when Obama got elected...And eight years of his presidency and policy later we're still here!

Honestly, people really need to calm down. Everyone says every new president in the modern day will be the end but lo and behold we survived all of them...I don't see Trump as being much different from any of them in that sense.

I think for some people, we do have every right to be concerned about Trump and what he'll do to this country. Call it being paranoid if you must, but here's a guy who has no political experience dealing with social reforms, trade deficits, wars in other countries, etc. and Trump "claims" he is going to make America great again. Yeah, riiiiight.  :P His policies and his flippant mouth are just going to alienate the U.S. even more from the rest of the world and make more enemies against the U.S. 

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 10:40:06 pm »
Creating more job searching/training programs, housing programs, drug and alcohol rehab programs, etc. will help to get people back on their feet.
Australia makes unemployed people on welfare use 'employment agencies'. All these agencies are owned by rich people and the majority (pretty much all of them) are corrupt. They forge documents and claim money from the government illegally. Essentially, they tell the government they've found people jobs when they haven't. They also say they've helped people look for work, when they haven't. The Australian government ignores this situation because they don't want to admit that all this corruption is happening and that it is their fault. They claim employment rates are up, this is a lie! The only thing these employment agencies do is make rich people richer. It is a waste of government spending. People are perfectly capable of finding jobs themselves!

^ That's Australia. NOT the U.S.

Source: ABC NEWS, 4 Corners Investigation.

Depending on various conditions of people (Health, Disability, Transportation issues, etc.), then force the people who can or are still capable of doing some work to do community services in order to continue collecting welfare entitlements. If a person wants that $750 or more welfare check each month, then that person needs to go out and do certain or specified community service chores for specified number of hours each week or month in order to get his/her welfare entitlements.
What a great idea. The government can save money by forcing people to do work for welfare. This means they no longer have to actually hire and pay someone to do these jobs.

The community service chores won't be pretty or glorified, but it will get the "lazy bums" off their butts and outside helping the community and interacting with people.
Of course an older person such as yourself would think that. That is what the media portrays after all. Those lazy millennials that are so privileged.

^ I never used the word "millennials" or suggested it. Don't put words in my mouth.  >:(

Problems the younger generation face:
- Their wages are worth less due to the devaluation of money and lack of increased wages.
- There is a surplus of over educated people. This makes finding a job harder as well as creates a vast amount of debt in student loans.
- Many face mental health issues. This is due to many things.
- It takes longer to find a minimum wage job as businesses are slow to hire and there and there are many people competing for a single job.
- Due to the devaluation of money and the ridiculous housing market many will not be able to afford to buy a home in their lifetime.
- Doctors over-diagnose and misdiagnose mental illnesses for the sake of profiting drug companies.
- Absurd obesity rates caused by several things. (The success of many fast food companies, the sugar industry, bad health education and advice, processed foods, etc.)

The list go on. There are many problems that this generation faces because of the greed of the older generations. The media likes to portray 'millennials' as lazy and unemployed. They would like you to believe that this is their fault. And it's not, wake up!

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »
trump is a risk, but like i said before its something new to try that hopefully goes well.
well when the country is a mess, and nothing else seems to be fixing it we might as well take risks since anything else we are doing isnt working. while i have no experience in life out of school im already struggling to with everything. i am a hard working person when it comes to stuff that makes sense to be working on, but i am not really getting anything in return for what ever i try. in this situation i am mostly blaming the education, and immigration system (trump talked about getting rid of common core, and hopefully he does some improvements to immigration)

as for the community service thing for welfare while that is a good thing i'd rather not contribute to a community that just loves destroying my life more and more. a small amount of money isnt going to fix the things they screwed up in my life. also due to my social anxiety/anxiety/depression i'd likely not be able to do most of that work (though in many cases that may get rid of those who are just plain lazy)

btw kobuk im pretty sure when sciex brought up australia he was trying to say that if we were to get that system in america the same problems would likely arise.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:01 pm »
So...I did read through and look at this thread here and you know what it reminds me of? A bunch of people with propoganda and a sandwich sign on them shouting "IT'S THE END TIMES! IT'S THE END TIMES!!!" Y'know....kind of like when Obama got elected...And eight years of his presidency and policy later we're still here!

Honestly, people really need to calm down. Everyone says every new president in the modern day will be the end but lo and behold we survived all of them...I don't see Trump as being much different from any of them in that sense.

I agree with T-Yoshi on this one. I mean what people are failing to realize is that Trump still has to go through all the same systems as any other president. He's not gonna ruin America.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 10:56:38 pm »

I think for some people, we do have every right to be concerned about Trump and what he'll do to this country. Call it being paranoid if you must, but here's a guy who has no political experience dealing with social reforms, trade deficits, wars in other countries, etc. and Trump "claims" he is going to make America great again. Yeah, riiiiight.  :P His policies and his flippant mouth are just going to alienate the U.S. even more from the rest of the world and make more enemies against the U.S. 

Well worry all you want and keep on about how he has no experience, you're perfectly within your rights to. But Reagan was an actor when he got elected and didn't do too bad (Not calling Trump the next Reagan by any means) And what was our other choice honestly? The most crooked and corrupt career politician who tried a lot to get in on tokenism who Trump supporters deplorable, Bernie's basement dwellers, called black people neer-do-wells and underachievers and called latinos needy? And with the slogan Stronger Together? Riiiiight....(You used that yeah right so can i.)

With Trump...i know well we could crash and burn...or we could do awesomely! It was an issue of establishment vs. anti-establishment....the people spoke and thus they said anti-establishment won out...the die is cast, nothing to change it now. Just...hunker down and hang on!

And thanks Wise...same horse, different rider so to speak.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 11:03:34 pm »
Well, I'll tell you something, T-yoshi. Now that Trump is Pres, you can be damn sure that myself and a lot of other Americans are going to be watching Donald Trump (and the rest of Congress) like a hawk. We are going to scrutinize him and all his policies and actions every day, week, month, and year while he is President. And if he screws up and pisses off the American public in any way, we sure as hell are damn well going to let him know about it. And it ain't going to be in a nice way.  :goldpissed:

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »
Well, I'll tell you something, T-yoshi. Now that Trump is Pres, you can be damn sure that myself and a lot of other Americans are going to be watching Donald Trump (and the rest of Congress) like a hawk. We are going to scrutinize him and all his policies and actions every day, week, month, and year while he is President. And if he screws up and pisses off the American public in any way, we sure as hell are damn well going to let him know about it. And it ain't going to be in a nice way.  :goldpissed:

Like i said...you're within your rights to scrutinize...called the first amendment. I'll be watching him as well, maybe not under a microscope's watch but still as i am curious as to how this'll go. But what seperates us...you will hone in on the negative whereas i will look at everything, taking the good with the bad. Least i keep a glass half-full mentality.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 11:20:47 pm »

Like i said...you're within your rights to scrutinize...called the first amendment. I'll be watching him as well, maybe not under a microscope's watch but still as i am curious as to how this'll go. But what seperates us...you will hone in on the negative whereas i will look at everything, taking the good with the bad. Least i keep a glass half-full mentality.

Let me do some "fact checking" for you, T-yoshi. Notice I used the word "all".

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 11:23:43 pm »
^ I never used the word "millennials" or suggested it. Don't put words in my mouth.  >:(
Never said you did. I said that is what the media portrays. You used the words "lazy bums" to describe people on welfare.

The only thing these employment agencies do is make rich people richer. It is a waste of government spending. People are perfectly capable of finding jobs themselves!
^ That's Australia. NOT the U.S.
It applies to your country as well.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »
So I made one small goof Kobuk, i apologize. My point being is that you seem rather set in your mind on Trump and that he'll absolutely be terrible but...if he does well will you admit he did something good when that time comes? That...is what i'm looking for.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40:10 pm »
So I made one small goof Kobuk, i apologize. My point being is that you seem rather set in your mind on Trump and that he'll absolutely be terrible but...if he does well will you admit he did something good when that time comes? That...is what i'm looking for.

That depends on what he did "good" at.

But one good deed will not make me change my mind about him overnight. Trump is going to have to work very, very hard to earn my respect and trust, as well as the trust and respect of a lot of other Americans.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:43:16 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 11:41:36 pm »
Like i said...you're within your rights to scrutinize...called the first amendment.
First Amendment? Under Trump? Very funny, but now is not the time for jokes.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 11:46:19 pm »
I don't expect him to win respect of the skeptical overnight...like everyone else in the world respect is to be earned.

And har har Foxpup...like the trump is hitler meme hasn't gotten stale yet.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 11:52:24 pm »
i highly doubt trump will threaten the first amendment... hell if he does that he will likely lose most of his supporters.

Offline Foxpup

• Male
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 12:01:20 am »
i highly doubt trump will threaten the first amendment... hell if he does that he will likely lose most of his supporters.
But he promised his supporters that he would. He promised Internet censorship and to sue reporters and abolish freedom of religion. Those were his campaign promises. I'm not sure how he intends to actually do all of that, but it's clear Trump never took up Khizr Khan on his offer to lend Trump a copy of the Constitution.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2016, 12:02:10 am »
But he promised his supporters that he would. He promised Internet censorship and to sue reporters and abolish freedom of religion. Those were his campaign promises. I'm not sure how he intends to actually do all of that, but it's clear Trump never took up Khizr Khan on his offer to lend Trump a copy of the Constitution.
Cite your sources please?

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2016, 12:04:39 am »

I'm pretty sure he wanted to censor blatant lies on the internet, not entire censorship of opinions or facts. Cite your sources please.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2016, 12:23:10 am »
Have fun debating. I'm tired and off to bed. Night.  x_x

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2016, 12:28:00 am »
Have fun debating. I'm tired and off to bed. Night.  x_x
If you sleep you lose as you can't defend yourself. Night Kobuk

Offline Foxpup

• Male
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2016, 12:40:13 am »
It's not easy, there's too many of them. I tried to limit myself to the first page of Google results for each campaign promise in question, but I don't think it helped. :o

http://fortune.com/2015/12/08/donald-trump-bill-gates-internet/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2015/12/08/donald-trump-thinks-he-can-call-bill-gates-to-shut-down-the-internet/
http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/16/trump-broaches-chinese-level-of-internet-censorship-to-combat-isis-video/
http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/please-dont-shut-down-the-internet-donald-trump
https://nypost.com/2016/02/26/trump-says-hell-make-it-a-lot-easier-to-sue-newspapers/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/26/donald-trump-vows-to-open-up-libel-laws-to-make-suing-the-media-easier-heres-how-he-could-do-it/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-wants-open-up-869964
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-threatens-to-weaken-first-amendment-protections-for-reporters/
http://www.nationalreview.com/donald-trump-muslim-immigration
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/07/trump-ban-all-muslim-immigration-to-u-s.html
http://time.com/4139476/donald-trump-shutdown-muslim-immigration/
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-muslim-immigrants-2015-12
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-to-propose-ideological-test-for-muslim-immigrants-and-visitors-to-the-us/2016/08/15/3192fdba-62fc-11e6-be4e-23fc4d4d12b4_story.html
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/25/donald-trump-you-will-hear-merry-christmas-if-im-e/
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/donald-trumps-christmas-miracle/
http://www.thefrisky.com/2015-09-25/president-trump-will-force-everyone-to-say-merry-christmas-whether-they-like-it-or-not/
https://www.salon.com/2015/11/19/donald_trumps_vision_of_religious_freedom_is_a_totalitarian_nightmare/
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-trashes-religious-freedom-muslim/

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2016, 04:57:19 am »
I'm sorry Greywolf and Sciex, but I have to ask....
You're in a homosexual relationship and one of you is trying to immigrate to the USA and already having trouble doing so.
And you still support Trump, even though he is going to make both those things a lot harder?

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2016, 05:07:59 am »
It's not easy, there's too many of them. I tried to limit myself to the first page of Google results for each campaign promise in question, but I don't think it helped. :o
Quality over quantity would of been better.

Trump wanted to prevent ISIS from recruiting through the internet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vorax24aX9s The media interpreted this as trump wanting to censor or close down the internet. He just wanted to close access to anything ISIS uses to recruit with.

As for trump wanting to restrict Muslims from immigrating into the US that is true.

I'm sorry Greywolf and Sciex, but I have to ask....
You're in a homosexual relationship and one of you is trying to immigrate to the USA and already having trouble doing so.
And you still support Trump, even though he is going to make both those things a lot harder?
I don't actually support trump. I think he is an idiot.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2016, 05:08:43 am »
Trump. He will make America even greater  :)
Um...

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2016, 05:19:03 am »
well the reason i support trump is because he isnt all about this politically correct, and diversity stuff. i am also kinda a big fan of firearms (the "assault weapons" type, and large magazines) and if hillary became president those will likely become banned.

as for immigration trump is mostly targeting muslims, and illegal immigrants. while his policies might make things more difficult sciex is already having alot of trouble getting into the US and it seems like the only chance for us to be together is for him to get a reasonable degree and find a good job in America, or a marriage visa (both i doubt trump's policies will have much effect on)

as for being a same sex couple i doubt trump will cause much problems with that. we dont plan to adopt or anything so that doesnt bother us, gay marriage is going to be pretty difficult to get rid of and likely won't be removed, its unlikely that we will be turned down for jobs since one of the options for him to get here is a reasonable college degree (we live in cali atm so most places dont even care), if we get refused service from a place we will likely not even want to go there, ect.

only thing i worry about is it becoming more difficult for him to visit, though that is pretty difficult already due to a mistake of my dad/attorney we spoke to.

even though i hate hillary if sciex could have gotten here sooner i would have chose her as president. goes against what i believe is right, and i wouldnt want to force hillary presidency on everyone, but if i had the choice knowing sciex could get here i'd chose her (though i'd end up hating my self for several decades) of course if i could chose the outcome of the election trump/trump supporters would likely put in tons of help to get sciex here and then i would chose him as president for the sake of him having better seeming policies