Author Topic: Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus to close after 146 years.  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus to close after 146 years.
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/ringling-bros-circus-to-close-after-146-years

This was pure Americana. This was REAL entertainment back in the day. This was pure enjoyment. I'll be sad to see it go.  :'(  I had a lot of fond memories during my youth of my parents taking me to see the circus. My favorite acts were always those of the lions and tigers. :)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus to close after 146 years.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 01:05:41 pm »
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/ringling-bros-circus-to-close-after-146-years

This was pure Americana. This was REAL entertainment back in the day. This was pure enjoyment. I'll be sad to see it go.  :'(  I had a lot of fond memories during my youth of my parents taking me to see the circus. My favorite acts were always those of the lions and tigers. :)

The Ringling Bros Circus was part of american history. The regulations made it impossible for
them to have the elephant acts. Sometimes I wonder if animal rights people go a bit too far.
I am sure many circuses have abused animals for entertainment purposes. I don't know if
Ringling Bros were guilty of it, but I would think it would be counter productive to mistreat
the most popular animals they had acts for.

It is sad to see this circus disappear into history. Circus entertainment has a long history
around the world. I imagine some will survive, but not the big ones in the USA.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
Re: Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus to close after 146 years.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 05:57:36 pm »
I went to the circus when I was young also. My favorite act was the Gunther Gebel-Williams segment, with the tigers and lions. It's too bad it has come to a close after all these years, but, in the words of Bob Dylan...

The times, they are a-changin'....
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such