0 (0%)
Horrible
2 (6.7%)
Impeach him!
15 (50%)
No opinoin YET
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??  (Read 10473 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2017, 11:59:00 am »
Trump claimed the pipe for the pipelines is to be made in the USA. Well the pipe
is sitting in North Dakoda already. Made in Russia, and India. This pipline is
for a canadian oil company. They are taking peoples land, because our
government said they could.

In this case Trump may really be wanting US made pipe, but apparently
except during wartime he can't tall a private industry where to buy the
products they use. Pipe in this case.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/26/trumps-plan-to-force-pipeline-makers-to-use-us-steel-is-dictatorial-and-a-bad-idea.html
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2017, 12:15:49 pm »

Well the pipe is sitting in North Dakoda already. Made in Russia, and India.

In this case Trump may really be wanting US made pipe, but apparently
except during wartime he can't tall a private industry where to buy the
products they use. Pipe in this case.

the pipe was already bought/manufactured so no point in just trashing it for a US made pipe.

as for the US pipe manufactures i have to agree with trump on his want to force them to buy US steel, and i feel that it would be a good law to force companies to buy common/plentiful materials only in the US (Testla's purchase of lithium from russia is understandable since unlike iron, and carbon lithium is alot more difficult to find)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2017, 05:14:32 pm »
A green and white furred husky in a suit and tie sits at a desk, camera flashes and clicks going off all around him. He begins to scribble something in a binder with the flick of a pen. He then finishes and begins to address the crowd of assembled reporters and furry lawmakers.

"What I have just done now is to sign an Executive Order to deport all Pro-Trump supporters, Trump's Cabinet, and even Trump himself, from the United States of America. This Executive Order also bans any Pro-Trump supporters from entering the United States from another country. These new immigration measures will make America a safer and more secure nation for all Americans."
:D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:59:13 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2017, 06:10:57 pm »
We get it Kobuk, you hate the guy.

But there are people out there that may like him as a president, I'm glad he stood up to China and Germany, does that mean I love the man and support him? Not really, but hating on him on a furry forum isn't going to do anything to put a dent in his political career.

That's why you've got to try and help impeach him, or non-violently protest, try and push for political change in the proper way, if you can.
Every now and then...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 07:01:01 pm »
But there are people out there that may like him as a president,

And the only reason some people like him is because they blindly believed all the propoganda and whitewash lying coming out of DT's mouth. Like lambs to the slaughter.  :P What will it take to get Trump supporters to wake up and see that the person they elected is not who they thought he was?

That's why you've got to try and help impeach him,

As much as I and/or others would hopefully like to see DT impeached, I can't help but wonder if that might be impossible or not at all.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-set-impeachment-article-1.2950501
One of the major problems is that both the House and Senate are controlled by Republicans. A lot of them originally endorsed Trump for President during his campaign. They might be scared to try and impeach him in any way for fear of what he may do. And whatever "evidence" might be collected and brought forth to use against Trump during an impeachment, I'm willing to bet the Republicans and/or Trump will ignore it and/or say it was all fabricated and a big lie put forth by the Democrats to discredit Trump.
Already there is discussion and investigations, especially by the Democrats, of trying to impeach Trump. But for all the good it will do, I feel it will fall on deaf ears.
:(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:01:14 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 08:02:49 pm »
Perhaps] this is why some of us have warned about the dangers of an over-powered government?  x_x
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 10:35:51 pm »
Kobuk, I don't look at rhetoric. I look at action. And I like what I see so far

Only guy I would have voted for over Trump was Cruz. I'm beginning to wonder if Trump might be better than he would have been. Time, and his actions, will tell.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
Federal Judge blocks part of Donald Trump's immigration ban.  :D

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/2-iraqis-file-lawsuit-after-being-detained-in-ny-due-to-travel-ban/index.html

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/images/01/28/darweesh.v.trump_decision.and.order.document-3.pdf

A federal judge granted an emergency stay Saturday night for citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries who have already arrived in the US and those who are in transit, and who hold valid visas, ruling they can legally enter the US -- a decision that halts President Donald Trump's executive order barring citizens from those countries from entering the US for the next 90 days.

It may only be a partial victory, but it is a victory nonetheless.  :D  Though I strongly suspect that Trump, his Cabinet, and/or some Republicans will find a way to overturn this. And Trump? He'll go on the attack like he usually does and cry foul and throw a temper tantrum saying how people are against him. Oh boo hoo. Cry me a river.  :P

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2017, 02:53:15 am »
Considering how much some of you hate him, I added a new option to the poll

lol, I think anyone selecting that option would end up on some kind of list.

well i my self am not that much for the wall. increased surveillance should do the trick. as for the people overstaying their visa, well thats what the whole go after them and deport them thing is for. but hell the wall being built will open up lots of jobs (tho i do agree infrastructure is a better choice of funding but from what iv heard trump is going after that too) i still dont feel that a wall is hateful/xenophobic though (i can understand how some people can view it that way, but to me its just a wall) as for if i pay taxes im not paying them yet, and i dont even know how to pay them for when i start working (my school cut out those classes several years ago)

But his whole thing about building the wall was "Mexico is sending over their rapists and murderers and other criminals, so I'm gonna build a wall and make them pay for it." How is that not xenophobic?

automated jobs create more jobs for people with engineering skills. there will likely be a lack of man power in those careers which will likely lead to on the job training becoming more of a thing so those who are "unskilled"/"uneducated" will learn how to work there. also automated factories still have tons of people working in them (been in Tesla's factory tons of robots but tons of people too)
also again we got better environment protection and working conditions in our factories. that's less pollution per resource/item produced, and less abused workers.

So let's say these people get enough on the job training to become proficient mechatronic/robotic engineers (not likely, since you'd need do a lot of mathematics for that kind of stuff -- believe me, I studied a related area and had to do a four year engineering degree full of mathematics, electronics and computer science). How many jobs would that provide? What of the people who can't get a job because there's simply no more demand? What do they do?

i dont really care if someone hates their job or not, as long as they get the job done on time, and correctly, and as long as its something they arent being forced to do and they are making it their decision to work even if they hate it im fine with it.

But how is someone going to do their best if they hate their job? You can't expect them to do their best if they feel trapped by their position or if they don't feel like they want to do it.

as for the race thing its simple observations that i am pointing out, i never chose to see the majority of them like that, and i wish i didnt see them like this. though i do feel its a good idea to avoid this topic because as i said before "political correctness" has made this a "horrible thing" to talk about even though there are some real issues here, and we end up just disagreeing with observations because those observations happen to point out a fact someone doesn't like.

Do you know why those black people might act like that?

Today, Trump decreed and made Executive Orders that no Muslim refugees would be coming to the U.S. from Syria, Irag, Libya, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, and a few other countries. Also he said that priority would be given to Christian refugees to allow them to come to the U.S.  :o
2. Trump is giving priority to Christian refugees?

happy to hear we will be getting less refugees, though the christian refugees part i still dont like. stop coming to this country and fix your own.

i dislike that idea, but as long as it means less refugees then go ahead. does kinda hurt my opinion on trump a little, at least its moving a little in the right direction.

You want a bunch of farmers and people from undeveloped towns and cities overrun by a hostile group to go back and fight the superior force that ran them out? How could you reasonably expect those people to go back where they will almost certainly die?

I'm still on the fence about Trump. I like some of what he's done already and dislike some of it too. I'm waiting more than a couple weeks to make any judgments. I remember some people who were telling the right-wingers to calm down when Obama got into office - you know, because he was going to start a New World Order, take all our guns, and assign us all bar-codes for our foreheads - same principle applies here. The world is not ending (yet) and you're probably going to live to see the end of Trump's presidency like most of the people who survived Obama's.  :D Aside from George Washington, I don't think there were any subsequent elections in which the fate of the country was considered to be at stake.

That said, it's just that kind of passion that each political side exerts every 4 years that helps to keep our country alert and ready to push ourselves to be our best and/or our worst selves. You might not like Trump or Obama, but you probably would not become better, both as a person and as a nation, without people you apparently despise provoking you to improve, or to fail while trying.

Obama didn't admit to sexually assaulting women on tape and he wasn't associating himself with disgusting neo-nazis like Bannon. Just to name a couple of things.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2017, 10:11:22 am »
"What I have just done now is to sign an Executive Order to deport all Pro-Trump supporters, Trump's Cabinet, and even Trump himself, from the United States of America. This Executive Order also bans any Pro-Trump supporters from entering the United States from another country. These new immigration measures will make America a safer and more secure nation for all Americans." :D
And the only reason some people like him is because they blindly believed all the propoganda and whitewash lying coming out of DT's mouth. Like lambs to the slaughter.  :P What will it take to get Trump supporters to wake up and see that the person they elected is not who they thought he was?

last time i checked im a very friendly, and helpful person so i guess there would just be one less of those types of people in the US...
ya im not really following any propaganda, and im all for trump. all my opinions are mostly based on things iv seen/experienced in person. my conclusion: this world is a disgusting place but does have potential if someone will just clean it up.

-----But his whole thing about building the wall was "Mexico is sending over their rapists and murderers and other criminals, so I'm gonna build a wall and make them pay for it." How is that not xenophobic?
"mexico is sending over their rapist and murderers... so im gonna build a wall..." ya i dont see anything xenophobic about building a wall stopping criminals from entering the country. is having a wall around a prison xenophobic? the harder it is to get drugs in here the better. hell my family actually got mixed up with all the drug stuff since my mom was being manipulated by some guy who had drug dealer connections (my family did nothing illegal though we had to call the cops several times, and were getting stuff stolen)
----- So let's say these people get enough on the job training to become proficient mechatronic/robotic engineers (not likely, since you'd need do a lot of mathematics for that kind of stuff -- believe me, I studied a related area and had to do a four year engineering degree full of mathematics, electronics and computer science). How many jobs would that provide? What of the people who can't get a job because there's simply no more demand? What do they do?
well lets see all the people with engineering degrees get a job, not enough so there is more demand for the job, more demand likely equals higher wages, higher wages equals more worthy to take college classes to learn that stuff, more people take college classes leading to less unemployed people(this alone will open up many jobs) also there are many jobs with robots that do not require that knowledge. you got the mechanics who just need to take care of the machine's physical body with at most involves removing broken chips and replacing them. then you got welders who either construct the robot or assist the robots by tick welding parts before allowing the robot to take over.
if we get the metal foundries, car factories, and just general production back over here im guessing there will be lots of jobs (i do not know the exact number as i do not work in any of those places), hell just one section of the tesla factory had maybe 200-300 people but there were many more around the facility. 
there will be tons of demand for many jobs, once that runs out that likely means that unemployment rates dropped alot already, and that it's self is an achievement. we are going to need to find a way to get those other people jobs though.
-----But how is someone going to do their best if they hate their job? You can't expect them to do their best if they feel trapped by their position or if they don't feel like they want to do it.
you dont need to love your job to be good at it. again im an example of this, i am likely going to hate my job once i get one but im still going to work hard at it because its for something i believe in. hell even right now i am still kinda trying my best just this stuff is difficult since i have been pretty much deprived of everything my whole life.
-----Do you know why those black people might act like that?
i dont really care much about why they act that way, all i care about is that they dont act that way. so what you have a horrible life stop complaining about it and just fix it. do not start littering, wasting money on alcohol, wasting money on overly expensive shoes, attacking people, yelling random stuff, wear improper clothing, and rely only on welfare because you are too lazy to save up that money and get a job.
hell my whole life has been hell, dealing with my parent's divorce/fighting around the ages of 9-16, being friendless ~10-15, drug dealer/crazy people theft/threats 14-17 (even having someone killed outside my house, luckily i wasnt home but that just isnt a nice thought), have had maybe around maybe 10 pets die (picking up the old/abandoned ones no one wants, it starts to wear you down but its worth it to give them better lives) and then leading to now where im pretty much being left on my own having to rely on my self now as my dad doesn't seem willing to help me with the process of getting a job, bringing my dog to the vet, or selling my old possessions to free up space, and make a little extra money. then you also got the stuff where iv been struggling with high school since my second year, iv considered my self as being gay since around 14-15, my partner being stuck in another country/being denied entry into the US, and just the issues iv been having in my more personal life.
I dont care what they went through because that gives you no excuse to act that way, hell iv likely been through worse than some of them yet here i am just wanting to be happy at no expense of others, for things to be as peaceful as possible, for us to stop destroying the environment, for science, engineering, and just our general understanding of our reality to progress at amazing speeds, etc. bad things happening to you gives you no right to do bad things to others.
-----You want a bunch of farmers and people from undeveloped towns and cities overrun by a hostile group to go back and fight the superior force that ran them out? How could you reasonably expect those people to go back where they will almost certainly die?
fight alongside russian airstrikes/Turkish soldiers im pretty sure they would be happy to have more soldiers to mow down ISIS. pretty sure its a lot easier to walk north several miles, than to go to Europe/Americas/Australia. i expect some bravery on their part, and working together to retake their homeland, not just running away to another country avoiding the problems that they allowed to form/grow. they let these issues grow so they are the ones who should clean up that area.
as for Mexicans well there aren't any heavily armed forces in Mexico, the worse they got is the cartel but i doubt that they even have a single tank. Mexico seems like an easy place to fix, it just requires hard work, and again they let the problems grow to being as bad as they are.
possible plan to live in mexico if i lived there with minimal money:
Spoiler: show

-work together with other people to purchase a moderate piece of rural land if thats even necessary in Mexico
-set up water collecting/purification systems, plus food production (this stuff can be made from garbage you find all over the place, not luxurious but you can survive in a moderate quality living condition) (you can lean this stuff on the internet and i highly doubt there arent public computers in the cities)
-build shelters out of stuff you find, and hell even the ground (pretty sure there is lots of clay there)
---^^^^ after this they should at least be able to survive without starving/being dehydrated ^^^^---
-earn enough money in simple jobs to get an education which they can work for higher paying jobs allowing you to improve your homes/property
-maybe even work in America and send money back though leave once your visa expires.
-continue to work up from here, you already got a moderate life quality at this point.

but really its this simple, my family grew some food years ago and those few plants were enough to give me a snack every few days, i could likely get a meal from them if we actually had a proper garden. i also made some assumptions that their situation is worse than i actually believe it is (im pretty sure water/food isnt a very scarce resource over there) learn to live off the land until you can have a stable/working economy like people did just about two hundred years ago.

sorry if this post is a little harder to read with the quote boxes missing, trying to make it fit more into other people's monitors so they dont need to keep scrolling, and just would like the post to be less large/taking up lots of space.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 11:37:44 am »
I think it's interesting that the GOP complained constantly
because Obama was signing executive orders. Saying he
was acting like a king.  Trump has been signing them daily,
and they are so happy with him. Where has their complaints
gone now that Trump is acting like a King?

I hope all this business with a man like Trump shows how
important voting is. To not only listen to television ads or
the flyers the canidates fill your mail box with.

Take the time to study their record. People generally don't change
that much.  If they lie on purpose you will never know where they
stand on anything. Don't vote for them.

If you have to make excuses to your friends  why your man is good.
It's time to dig into his/her record.

Then if your right you won't need to make excuses for your canidate.
You can show them the facts.

It's better to have a honest canidate that you don't really agree
with than one you can't trust at all.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 11:43:39 am »
Considering how much some of you hate him, I added a new option to the poll

lol, I think anyone selecting that option would end up on some kind of list.

Most likely "Enemies of the State" list. I don't think adding that poll option was such a good idea and I see nothing funny about it. Granted, I as well as others may not like Trump, but I wouldn't want to see him killed. Talking about killing/assasinating Trump, either jokingly or literally will get you and/or others into hot water. The Secret Service, Homeland Security, FBI, and other agencies take such threats against the President very, very seriously. They check EVERY threat. I would strongly advise, Rocco, that you remove or change that poll option. Or I would suggest the Mods and Admins remove that poll option.

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »
And they have a boat load of threats from all over the country. I don't think they have time to care about a guy who openly supports and proclaims how he voted for Trump adding an option to his poll when they have people calling in threats. And IDC what lists I'm on, I know I'm already on some. Big deal.
I've seen very vile attacks against him (in the news. I haven't been paying much attention to this thread, only skimming in case anything catches my eye). I was curious if anyone would pick that choice. I added it not as a joke, but because I was seriously wondering if anyone here hated him that much. However, since 1 no one picked it and 2 you seems so panicked about it, I am removing it

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
And of course, Trump's immigration ban just gets worse. Now him and his staff are talking about making people disclose information on their smartphones to authorities.  :o  >:( This to me is an invasion of privacy. How would you like it if every time you left the US or came back into the US, you had to show what was on your cellphone and what you posted on social media? I wouldn't like it one bit. What I do with my life and what I do on social media is my business! Not Trump's! He's using this as an excuse to ban more people who do not like him and/or his policies. The guy is paranoid. He can't stand anybody and anything that doesn't like or agree with him, so he has to make up all these stupid immigration policies.
And there's no way authorities could vet the contents on someone's cellphone. All somebody has to do is delete whatever content is on their phone and the authorities can't do a thing about it.  :D

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/donald-trump-immigrant-policy-social-media-contacts/index.html

http://www.tmj4.com/news/national/foreign-visitors-may-have-to-hand-over-social-media-records
......sources tell CNN that White House policy director Stephen Miller spoke with officials of the State Department, Customs and Border Patrol, Department of Homeland Security and others to tell them that the President is deeply committed to the executive order and the public is firmly behind it <--- Really? How much of the public is really behind this? I'm not. This needs fact checking. Another lie put out by Trump.-- urging them not to get distracted by what he described as hysterical voices on TV. <--- Trump trying to make the media, protesters, and any other opposition look bad and liars again.  :P

Miller praised the State Department on Saturday, sources tell CNN, but argued that the government needs to do better job of making sure the people who come into the US embrace American values. <--- Embrace? Sounds more like "force" people to embrace American values.  >:( You can't force people to do what you want them to. That might happen in North Korea. But I sure as hell hope it never happens here.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:22:16 pm by Kobuk »

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2017, 10:09:38 pm »
Trump has started his religious ban. Instead of going threw legal channels he put out a mandate. Courts are already declaring it unconstitutional. Trumps cabinet members continue to talk gibberish and not answer questions.  Extreme left is continuing to deny or disregard protests. More reps are stating their disapproval of Trumps actions.

180 days to impeachment.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2017, 10:25:36 pm »
Not sure how accurate this is, but I found it to be a bit funny and ironic at the same time.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-screens-finding-dory-immigration-ban-chaos-article-1.2958932?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fblogs%2Ftouchingbase+(Blogs%2FTouching+Base)

President Trump screened “Finding Dory,” an animated film about a fish’s journey to reunite with her parents, Sunday afternoon, according to a presidential schedule shared with the press.

Trump, his family and other White House staffers enjoyed the uplifting Disney-Pixar flick featuring a happy ending for the fictional family of fish in the White House Family Theater.

At the same time, protests erupted across the country to oppose the President’s new executive order on immigration that blocks entry to the U.S. for citizens of seven predominantly Muslim nations. Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Turkey, which are also majority Muslim and where Trump has business dealings, are not included. <---  >:(  >:(  >:(

The irony of Trump’s choice of movie did not go unnoticed.

“Trump is screening ‘Finding Dory’ today: the story of a foreigner entering the U.S. without authorization to reunite with herparents #irony,” the Deputy Secretary of Labor, Chris Lu, wrote on Twitter.

“For me, America is great because of all the people who came here. Not in spite of them. #NoBan.” She posted a second time to add, “P.S. My grandparents were immigrants. The woman making us pizza right now is Muslim. And I’m grateful for all of them. #NoBan.”

Truly pathetic, Mr. Trump.  :P Protests are taking place. Muslims are separated from one another and can't get into the country. And here you are watching a children's cartoon.  :P You are one sick bastard.  >:(

Quote from Lord of the Rings movie:  Gandalf to Saruman - "Tell me, friend, when did Saruman the Wise (Trump  :D ) abandon reason for madness?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:27:53 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2017, 04:05:31 am »
-----But his whole thing about building the wall was "Mexico is sending over their rapists and murderers and other criminals, so I'm gonna build a wall and make them pay for it." How is that not xenophobic?
"mexico is sending over their rapist and murderers... so im gonna build a wall..." ya i dont see anything xenophobic about building a wall stopping criminals from entering the country. is having a wall around a prison xenophobic? the harder it is to get drugs in here the better. hell my family actually got mixed up with all the drug stuff since my mom was being manipulated by some guy who had drug dealer connections (my family did nothing illegal though we had to call the cops several times, and were getting stuff stolen)

But whatever happened to your mother is irrelevant to what Trump is saying and whether it is xenophobic. He's accusing Mexico of sending over criminals so America has to deal with them (a completely baseless accusation) and using that as justification for building his wall. He's accusing a country of consciously sending the worst elements of their society over to another country in order to stir up hatred and fear of the country being accused. That's textbook xenophobia.

we are going to need to find a way to get those other people jobs though.

Glad that we can agree that even the most optimistic outlook on that particular idea doesn't cut it.

you dont need to love your job to be good at it. again im an example of this, i am likely going to hate my job once i get one but im still going to work hard at it because its for something i believe in. hell even right now i am still kinda trying my best just this stuff is difficult since i have been pretty much deprived of everything my whole life.

So you don't care if your president is passionate about representing your country in the best way possible? You just want him to grind out his four (let's be realistic here, he won't get another term) years, no matter if he hates himself and the populace he serves?

i dont really care much about why they act that way, all i care about is that they dont act that way. so what you have a horrible life stop complaining about it and just fix it. do not start littering, wasting money on alcohol, wasting money on overly expensive shoes, attacking people, yelling random stuff, wear improper clothing, and rely only on welfare because you are too lazy to save up that money and get a job.
hell my whole life has been hell, dealing with my parent's divorce/fighting around the ages of 9-16, being friendless ~10-15, drug dealer/crazy people theft/threats 14-17 (even having someone killed outside my house, luckily i wasnt home but that just isnt a nice thought), have had maybe around maybe 10 pets die (picking up the old/abandoned ones no one wants, it starts to wear you down but its worth it to give them better lives) and then leading to now where im pretty much being left on my own having to rely on my self now as my dad doesn't seem willing to help me with the process of getting a job, bringing my dog to the vet, or selling my old possessions to free up space, and make a little extra money. then you also got the stuff where iv been struggling with high school since my second year, iv considered my self as being gay since around 14-15, my partner being stuck in another country/being denied entry into the US, and just the issues iv been having in my more personal life.
I dont care what they went through because that gives you no excuse to act that way, hell iv likely been through worse than some of them yet here i am just wanting to be happy at no expense of others, for things to be as peaceful as possible, for us to stop destroying the environment, for science, engineering, and just our general understanding of our reality to progress at amazing speeds, etc. bad things happening to you gives you no right to do bad things to others.

If you aren't interested in understanding their circumstances at least a bit how can you be justified in talking down to them like that? What if someone did it to you?

-----You want a bunch of farmers and people from undeveloped towns and cities overrun by a hostile group to go back and fight the superior force that ran them out? How could you reasonably expect those people to go back where they will almost certainly die?
fight alongside russian airstrikes/Turkish soldiers im pretty sure they would be happy to have more soldiers to mow down ISIS. pretty sure its a lot easier to walk north several miles, than to go to Europe/Americas/Australia. i expect some bravery on their part, and working together to retake their homeland, not just running away to another country avoiding the problems that they allowed to form/grow. they let these issues grow so they are the ones who should clean up that area.

That's victim blaming, dude. Not on. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't bring my country into it.

The people fleeing ISIS and other extremist groups aren't all just able-bodied men. There's women, children and the elderly there too. And even if there was only able-bodied men, so what? To demand that they go back there and fight a group of violent religious zealots rather than seeking somewhere safe where they don't have to fear being brutally killed is terrible. Are you going to show the same courage you so flippantly demand of them and lead them onto the battlefield?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:39:05 am by Dusty »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2017, 07:25:03 am »
-----But whatever happened to your mother is irrelevant to what Trump is saying and whether it is xenophobic. He's accusing Mexico of sending over criminals so America has to deal with them (a completely baseless accusation) and using that as justification for building his wall. He's accusing a country of consciously sending the worst elements of their society over to another country in order to stir up hatred and fear of the country being accused. That's textbook xenophobia.
what happened to my mother is relevant to the Mexican dealer connections the other guy had, and if we had a stronger border that guy might have never even gotten involved in drugs meaning we would have never been getting treats/things stolen; so yes what happened to my mom is relevant to all the stuff with Mexican criminals coming into the US. when he says Mexico is sending over criminals i dont think he means they are intentionally "sending" over criminals but that many criminals are coming from Mexico there for a wall between us and a place where many criminals are coming from is going to make there be less criminals.

also there is the thing where if you over stay your visa, or if you come into the US without permission you are a criminal so ya... every illegal immigrant is a criminal so trump is pretty correct... building a wall is not xenophobic, its criminalphobic....
-----So you don't care if your president is passionate about representing your country in the best way possible? You just want him to grind out his four (let's be realistic here, he won't get another term) years, no matter if he hates himself and the populace he serves?
i'd prefer that he is happy for what he is doing, but to tell the truth i really dont care as long as it works, and its his own decision to do something he hates to make the country better. hell if someone hates everything but solves many problems i dont care, it works and thats what matters.
-----If you aren't interested in understanding their circumstances at least a bit how can you be justified in talking down to them like that? What if someone did it to you?
because i dont care how bad someone's situation is, not matter what, you do not harm (injury/theft) another human unless its in direct self defense, or defense of your own property. Also no one is doing anything to African Americans, they are doing this stuff to them selves. no one is forcing them to wear sketchy clothing, no one is forcing them to buy expensive shoes, yelling random stuff, getting high/drunk out in public, etc. being homeless/unemployed is understandable since there are a few racist people (though being in the bay area there are barely any, so racism isnt a good excuse) but all this other stuff is their own decision.
and again i dont care what someone does to me that doesnt give me the right to disturb other people, make a mess of my city, waste my money and complain that i need more, harm someone else, etc. if i was ever in their situation i'd wear clothing that actually keeps me warm/allows me to do stuff easier/doesnt make me look sketchy, save up my welfare money and spend it on things that will be useful in my survival (canteen, warm jacket/pants, good quality backpack, healthy food, etc.), put my garbage where it belongs, use public restrooms (the streets in San Francisco smell horrible), not be a disturbance to other people, spend my time keeping my self busy repairing my equipment/cleaning the city streets of garbage and not just sit around doing nothing (if i was too depressed to keep active i'd go somewhere where no one can see me, so i dont bother anyone)
its really not that difficult to be a decent person, even if everything is against you (which in today's society everything isnt against you).
-----That's victim blaming, dude. Not on. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't bring my country into it.
well in many cases the "victim" does take some blame, in the case of Syria their blame comes from letting their country get weak enough/too out of control and then invaded. we need to get out of the ideology that the "victim" is always innocent/did nothing wrong, because in many cases the "victim" likely antagonized a response, or did something stupid that lead to something bad. also australia is taking in some refugees so it is involved in this situation, i am not saying anything bad about Australia i was just saying that turkey is closer than Australia.
-----The people fleeing ISIS and other extremist groups aren't all just able-bodied men. There's women, children and the elderly there too.
children, elderly, and disabled/injured i am completely fine with taking in as they aren't able to fight back that well. though why did you place women in that list? women are completely able to fight and in many cases can easily out smart men. hell look at the Russian snipers during WW2 as an example... they got a different thought process compared to men so that's even more diversity in a fighting force which can make it stronger. women aren't weak people that we need to take care of and help out all the time, many of them are able to take care of them selves, and hell iv seen some which would likely make a fool of me in hand to hand combat (if i was even stupid enough to try boxing/martial arts practice with them).
-----And even if there was only able-bodied men, so what? To demand that they go back there and fight a group of violent religious zealots rather than seeking somewhere safe where they don't have to fear being brutally killed is terrible.
well by running away/retreating you are just letting the bad grow and get worse... life isnt safe all the time, and you need to get up and fight for whats right. if America just wanted to be safe and ran away from all conflicts Europe/northern africa would likely still be under Nazi occupation, and the empire of japan would pretty much own all The Pacific, and maybe Hawaii. someone needs to fix the issues in those country and the people who should fix that are the ones who caused it so the refugees who let the problem get that bad, the Americas who voted to go out there (i dont have proof on me but iv heard that hillary voted for the middle eastern wars) and mess things up, and the Russians who were messing with the middle east before.
the elderly also take blame here since they let the country lead to the mess it is, but sending them into battle is inhumane, will just slow down fixing stuff, and will lead to far more unnecessary deaths/injuries
because if they arent going to clean up the problem who is? hell i had no part in this so it sure as hell isnt going to be my tax dollars....
-----Are you going to show the same courage you so flippantly demand of them and lead them onto the battlefield?
will i fight with them on the battlefield? No... because i was not the one who made this mess. I would however show courage if it was my careless mistake that lead to the mess, or if i did not try hard enough to stop it at all. both of which would not happen, as i put lots of thought in many of the things i do, and i'd likely be trying to stop the issues from growing if i was able to.
now if fighting actually leaded to a significant improvement in the life quality of those i love, or if i lose all those i love i'll defend where ever im living with my life (though this second one only if i have people fighting along side me)

now i got a great idea.... give me a reliable rifle with some ammo, a bullet proof vest, bullet proof vehicle, a piece of livable property in a rural area, some time to build a home, and then lets just completely get rid of our border protection stuff. that way anyone who is in a similar situation as me can just get their loved one(s) into the US easily, and i can bring anyone that i care about away from the heavily populated areas, and we wouldn't be a bother to anyone.
Spoiler: show
though being serious i'd be fine with anyone coming into the country (though still a ban on bringing tanks, or other weapons into the country) as long as i get my partner, anyone else with loved ones out of this country gets them too, i can get an isolated piece of property, and something to protect my self/others with. go ahead do what ever you want, just make things fair, and let me protect my self.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2017, 12:21:29 pm »
Much of the orders Trump has signed are along the paths he promised in his campain. So
that should have been expected. Also much is in line with the GOP. So they are not going
to complain. There were entities doing all they could to make Clinton look bad, so it's no
wonder Trump squeaked out a win. She didn't help, by taking for granted some parts of
the country were going to vote for her.

Demonstrations alone are not going to change Trump, he apparently thinks his supporters
are behind his every action. it's the GOP, and to change them requires letting them know 
they will loose the next election if they ignore the majority of their voters. The GOP has
worked to make it difficult for the opposition party todefeat them by setting up voting
districts to favor the GOP. So if you want to defeat the party in power you will have to
start at the state level.

If people really care about what goes on in governlment they will have to take part by
running for office or getting out and voting. Not just because your friend likes the
person running, but because he supports your views and ideas. Look at his/her record
as many politicans will only say what they think you want to hear.

I fear the current leadership is pushing to let religious beliefs decide what laws are
to be made for us all. The trouble with allowing religion to say what is good and bad
is how people interpit it. People down through the centuries have claimed they know
what their God wants them to do. This almost always leads to suffering by people
who look or act different than the believers in power. That is why our constitution was
written to seperate church and state.

Still devoted believers still try to invoke their beliefs on those around them. The current
Vice President is a good example, along with Senator Ted Cruz of Texas for another. Then
some people use religion as an excuse to do terrible things. Slavery was justified by people
who used religion as a guide.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:31:09 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »
Trump is putting more far right people into the National security counsil.
People who don't support rights for minorities, gays, or women. Trump
needs to kick all those hard right people out. They will create more problems
for him and us in the future. I think they are at the bottom of much of the
radical actions Trump has taken.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-executive-actions/index.html

That link doesn't get into the National security council issues very well. This
link takes you to a video that goes in depth about it. You will have to watch
it for a bit to see it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/trump-puts-steve-bannon-on-national-security-council/vp-AAmnLtN

And here's another link on the National Security Council mess.  >:(
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/susan-rice-steve-bannon/index.html

I totally agree that Bannon has no place being on the NSC whatsoever.  >:( There's a reason why the NSC has the word "Security" in it. It's composed of a group of mostly, but not necessarily all, people who have a lot of military and foreign policy experience to help give the President advice on what to do in a crisis. Steve Bannon has neither the military nor the foreign policy experience to be in the NSC group. When I first heard and read about this, all I could think of was the scene in the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers movie where Gandalf and company are in the hall of King Theodin of Rohan. Grima Wormtongue is the King's advisor and whispers ill "sage advice" to a king who is under the spell of the evil Sauron.

Putting Steve Bannon in the NSC is a wrong move. We don't need an alt-right anti-semantic racist dictating foreign policy and especially military matters.  >:(  >:(  >:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon

I tend to feel that Donald Trump seems to have the ear of Steve Bannon a little too much. You have to wonder who's really pulling the strings and in control of the Presidency? Is it Donald Trump or Steve Bannon? Perhaps DT and SB are "bed buddies"? Sharing tweets and God only knows what else!  :goldlaugh:

Donald Trump is nothing but a puppet for Steve Bannon to control. SB is pulling all the strings.  :goldpissed:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:08:03 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2017, 11:02:03 pm »
Well, this didn't last very long.  :o  Just goes to show that mean spirited, racist, bigoted Trump will do and say whatever he wants to get whatever he wants at whatever the cost, even if it means sacrificing laws, ethics, judicial system, etc., etc.  The guy simply doesn't give a crap about anyone or anything. Anybody or anything that stands in his way is simply run over.  >:(  >:(  >:(
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/donald-trump-immigration-order-department-of-justice/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/chuck-schumer-department-of-justice-donald-trump/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/white-house-statement-attorney-general/index.html
The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States. This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.
Betrayed? Next thing you know, DT will start saying this was treason. Screw you, DT! >:(

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2017, 12:06:25 am »
Five states calling Trumps religious ban unconstitutional. Both reps and dems also calling it unconstitutional. Justus department oversteps bounds but still making a stance against this mandate. Trump's calling it just the same as Obama's. Trump blames the problem on democrats.  Again he's lying to try to get his way. Trump continues to call the American media the 'opposition party". Trump has appointed a single person to be a security advisor. Then tells two branches of government they are not welcome at security meetings.

179 days to impeachment.

For the first time in history an American president has caused protests around the world.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2017, 02:16:26 am »
btw you guys actually sure its a religon ban? i hear that UAE, Malaysia, and a few other places which have high muslims populations dont have these bans on them....

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2017, 06:23:47 am »
Yeah, places in which Trump has a lot of business interests don't have a ban. All other Muslim countries do. Funny that, isn't it?

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2017, 06:43:21 am »
what happened to my mother is relevant to the Mexican dealer connections the other guy had, and if we had a stronger border that guy might have never even gotten involved in drugs meaning we would have never been getting treats/things stolen; so yes what happened to my mom is relevant to all the stuff with Mexican criminals coming into the US. when he says Mexico is sending over criminals i dont think he means they are intentionally "sending" over criminals but that many criminals are coming from Mexico there for a wall between us and a place where many criminals are coming from is going to make there be less criminals.

also there is the thing where if you over stay your visa, or if you come into the US without permission you are a criminal so ya... every illegal immigrant is a criminal so trump is pretty correct... building a wall is not xenophobic, its criminalphobic....

Again, what happened to your mother is irrelevant to the fact that the wall is xenophobic. He also worded what he said very specifically, and if he meant to say that criminals were coming in from Mexico he would have worded it differently. He used very specific language in order to incite fear and hatred of another nation's people, dude. He's building his wall despite all evidence contrary to his insistence of its necessity.

Additionally, I've noticed something here:

Of all the times you've seemed to discuss your hardships, you've shifted the blame onto others -- illegals, Mexicans, people working in border security, blacks -- whereas whenever it's someone else who is experiencing difficulties, you've shifted the blame back onto them.

You've tried to paint refugees as the bad guys when their little isolated townships and even their cities are overrun by religious zealots, and the populace massacred and raped and enslaved, which is ridiculous and offensive on a level that I find hard to describe, to be honest. It shows a tremendous lack of compassion for people who have experienced things that all things willing you will never have to experience in your lifetime.

I know a man who came over here from Iraq, and he is one of the most softly spoken, gentle people I have ever known in my life. I used to meet up with him once a week at a local gathering because we shared a common interest and he would talk to me about what he used to do for a living in his homeland -- he was an aerospace engineer -- and, once or twice, of the terrible things he saw, and you could just tell by the way he talked that it had impacted him in such a profound way that even the extremely vague, sanitised stories he used to tell me shook him somewhere very deep inside his person whenever he told me them. To even insinuate that he, by some bizarre logic, may be to blame for the awful things that befell him and that he had to flee from is incredibly insensitive and offensive.

That's not a matter of political correctness, but a matter of understanding and patience and respect for other people who have been through unimaginable horror.

Likewise, you blame blacks for their own behaviour despite not being willing to understand the reasons behind their circumstance, no matter whether they might have grown up in extreme poverty, in communities where they cannot trust the police, where institutionalised racism has dragged them down into a swamp so deep that there's no way of getting out by themselves without the help and support of others that they never, ever get. And then you sit behind your computer, safe in the comfort of your home where you don't have to worry about whether your brother or sister or mother might not come home because the neighbourhood is just that bad, and tell them to get over it.

Is a woman who goes back to her abusive boyfriend after he beats her senseless to blame for being beaten? Are the victims of, say, the Armenian genocide to blame for their extermination for not rising up against the systematic oppression and violence of the Ottoman Empire? Is a pedestrian who gets hit by a drunk driver that runs a red light to blame for not checking the road one more time before crossing?

If they are not, what's the difference between those and the above things I've objected to?

i am not saying anything bad about Australia i was just saying that turkey is closer than Australia.

I'm just uphappy that you tried to bring my country into this.

children, elderly, and disabled/injured i am completely fine with taking in as they aren't able to fight back that well. though why did you place women in that list? women are completely able to fight and in many cases can easily out smart men. hell look at the Russian snipers during WW2 as an example... they got a different thought process compared to men so that's even more diversity in a fighting force which can make it stronger. women aren't weak people that we need to take care of and help out all the time, many of them are able to take care of them selves, and hell iv seen some which would likely make a fool of me in hand to hand combat (if i was even stupid enough to try boxing/martial arts practice with them).

I specifically mention able bodied men because that is typically what the right wing media likes to paint the majority of the Syrian refugees as. Not out of ignorance.

will i fight with them on the battlefield? No... because i was not the one who made this mess. I would however show courage if it was my careless mistake that lead to the mess, or if i did not try hard enough to stop it at all. both of which would not happen, as i put lots of thought in many of the things i do, and i'd likely be trying to stop the issues from growing if i was able to.
now if fighting actually leaded to a significant improvement in the life quality of those i love, or if i lose all those i love i'll defend where ever im living with my life (though this second one only if i have people fighting along side me)

I'm not sure why you see it fit to make demands of them, in that case.