Author Topic: Making sure  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
Making sure
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:10:45 am »
Ok, people say rules are to be broken. Not for me....
So I wanted to know if a link to my furtopia webpage is inside the legality of the forums guidelines. I checked and not fully understood the liking rule, so just making sure my sig is fine....
Also, about keeping words PG, how far can we go? I mean, I see some people censoring words, and people not censoring some others, and just wanted to know what words were prohibited and which ones not.
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Sporty Fox

• Male
Making sure
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 05:04:30 pm »
The link to your webpage is well within the rules- what we don't allow is links to outside forums or websites that are not the property (or do not feature property of) the poster. A link to a non-forum website that is the property (or prominently features property by) the poster is fine.

As to language- from the Furtopia posting guidelines:
 c. The rating of this board is limited to PG, with the possible exception of the artist discussion forums, depending upon their respective owners' wishes.

We do allow things to go to the PG13 limit most of the time but the best rule of thumb is if you wouldn't say it to your mother or grandmother then don't post it here. The censoring you see can be by either the poster or the filter we have operating to catch those who try and slip in a bad word here or there.

We do look at anything that is censored (whether by the poster or the filter) the same as if the word was actually used. What this means is that the fur who did it gets thier name posted for all off the staff to watch and that for the next couple of weeks everything they do is under the microscope.

I'm really glad you asked that question, as hopefully others will also read this and understand where the line is drawn.
"I'm no longer active here but those wishing to contact me can thru e-mail or my LJ. Please note that I cannot receive or respond to PM's sent thru Furtopia."

http://sporty-fox.livejournal.com/

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
Making sure
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 08:33:12 am »
Quote (Sporty Fox @ Nov. 21 2005, 4:04 pm)
We do allow things to go to the PG13 limit most of the time but the best rule of thumb is if you wouldn't say it to your mother or grandmother then don't post it here.

LoL! I'll keep that in mind.
Thank you!!!!
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.