Author Topic: What's Your Cutie Mark?  (Read 32386 times)

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
What's Your Cutie Mark?
« on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:20 pm »
For those of you who don't know, a cutie mark is an image which appears on one's flank (upper thigh) which describes your "special talent" or trait that sets you apart from others. It can be something about your personality, what you do or what you aim to be. And while you're at it, why not tell us your pony name?

You can either describe what it would look like, or make an image and post it! Here's what I see mine to be.

The pen and ink in the front show that I like to write, and the world in the background shows that I like to create my own worlds when I write. My pony name would be Authrite, a portmanteau of author and write.

So go ahead, what's yours?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:12:50 pm by Sky Striker »
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: What's Your Cutie Mark?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:03:53 pm »
Mine, personally, would be something tennis related. Tennis racquet and/or tennis balls.

My fursona on the other hand, would be either a peanut butter cup (with a bite taken out) or a target. Come to think of it, he actually does have a target marking kinda on the outside of of his upper right thigh... But if he were to be ponified, I'd probably go with the peanut butter cup. It's more cute and less like hunting practice.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:07:46 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:27:50 pm by Alexandre »

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:40 pm »
Hmm. I'm really not sure :o.

Throughout my life, I've always been really really good at picking up the basics of new skills, but never have the patience to delve deeper into any of the things. A jack of all trades and a master of none, I guess. Maybe something music related?

There are a few Ponies out there whose cutie marks I just..don't understand.

Derpy. Her special talent is..bubbles.

There are two more where I've thought this as well. The one with the carrots and the one with the cherries. What sort of special talent is carrots :o!?

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:42:33 pm »
What sort of special talent is carrots :o!?

I'm sorry, Shim, but that information is classified.

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:58:10 pm »
There are two more where I've thought this as well. The one with the carrots and the one with the cherries. What sort of special talent is carrots :o!?

Its probably something similar to Applejack's family.

Mine would probably be something Art related, probably a general combination of the various art forms I enjoy.(Music, Writing, Drawing.)
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:33:34 am »
I knew what my talent would be, but took me a while to figure out a cutie mark or name. I finally came up with them. My favorite hobby is to tinker and play with various lighting equipment and visualization tools like what you'd see at a dance club or con dances (of which I've worked a few). So I decided my mark and and name would be about the same after looking at an old commissioned piece I have in a club setting. Laser Strobe. The mark would be a laser emmiter and strobe light shining their beams crossed over one another. If I could draw, I'd make something to post as a pic.

Best part is, I'd get to hang out with Vinyl Scratch. :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:39:27 am by Narei Mooncatt »
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 11:02:48 am »
There are a few Ponies out there whose cutie marks I just..don't understand.

Derpy. Her special talent is..bubbles.

Being a Derpy fan and spotter of hers in the series, I have the answer to this. Derpy Hooves is a little scatter brained and directionally incoherent. There is an old phrase that is not much used anymore, but Lauren Faust's team must have really done their homework to dig it up. It called being "Bubble Headed". So since her special talent is being confused, lost and over burdened with mutli-tasking and eating muffins, her cutie mark became bubbles.

Kishi pretty much nailed the answer regarding the fruit based cutie marks. Like the Apple family, someone with a fruit on them is an expert in that field. Such as a champion Cherry Tree horticuluralist or a Carrot Farmer. Someone with a Carrot cutie mark you could just imagine how popular they would be in Ponyville.

As for your own Shim, A Jack of all Trades but Master of None. That could be cutie markerized by this:

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 01:21:38 pm »

my cutie mark would be something like this
or similar
its up for you to interpret
i hate explaining things or im just lazy at the moment
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:37 pm »
Being a soldier on my own, a man against the world, I am alone. I stand my ground against all i believe is wrong. I might still be young, and others might say that I lack the experience to say what I thing is truth, but I still stand stand strong. My cutie would have to be the emblem of my gamers mark.

Sorry for it being so small, but that is my mark. The lone wolf.

Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 02:18:42 pm »

The pen and ink in the front show that I like to write, and the world in the background shows that I like to create my own worlds when I write. My pony name would be Authrite, a portmanteau of author and write.

So go ahead, what's yours?

I've thought of something similar for myself...  Except, instead of Earth or any other single world behind the ink and quill, I think it would be a spiral galaxy.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Naade

• Just monkeying around!
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 11:06:10 am »
My cutie mark would be this, only smaller of course x3:

Someone might notice it's the first creature in the chart of primate evolution. I'm currently a student of evolutionary biology and it's the subject I'm not only the most fascinated with, but something I think about all the time and tie in every character I make to.

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 06:05:58 pm »
Super sparkly theatre masks if I had any say about it, but if it's based on talents it could be something to do with science, exploding flasks or something biology related, or it could be writing related, or history, or business, or political, or fashion, or artsy or general coolness. =>.>;= But theatre is really my thing so the ULTRA SHINYSPARKLEY greek theatre masks would probably be the best, it goes with my fabulous personality too =^.^= ... although something gambling related would also suit me. =>.>=

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »
Probably just the head of a robotic dog. I don't have any special talents and my robot dog obsession is the only trait I have that seems unique enough to qualify.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »
I love animals. I'd have pawprints for a cutie mark. Some of you guys are really super creative!
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 04:09:21 pm »
Well, according to a friend who is a Brony and drew this, Lord Fenrir's cutie mark would be a burning castle:

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 06:09:26 pm »
I love his expression. It's like, "Really? You really drew me like this?"
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »
A model rocket, most likely.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 11:59:48 am »
Fire.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 10:47:34 pm »
If we're talking "me" then it would be two crossed pens under a gaming die, all on an open book.

If we're talking "Landrav" and whatever version of him is most "canon"... a rocket with its exhaust curling around the Earth.

However, I have no idea what my pony name would be. I'm such a recent convert, I haven't even seen all the episodes, let alone getting into extended material.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:51:23 pm by Landrav »
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »
Start with the basics Landrav; which of the three types of ponies would you be? Earth, Unicorn or Pegusus?

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »
Start with the basics Landrav; which of the three types of ponies would you be? Earth, Unicorn or Pegusus?
Then finding a name is fairly easy. I'm a nighttime person, I love the dark and especially the night skies. My cutie mark fits my name perfectly, A cresent moon with three stars. My pony name: Starmoon Shroud.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 09:54:02 pm »
Hmm, I probably would not be a unicorn, and the pegasi seem to be a really high-adrenaline bunch.  So, Earth pony it is.  Simple brown coat would do, but I'd have blue hair.  I mean, you've GOTTA have blue hair! ;)

I'd probably name myself Story Scribbler.

The pony was made using one of those online generator thingies, and I muddled through the spartan background.  Now all I'm missing is the cutie mark   :-[

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:28 pm »
Hmmm, with a name like Story Scribbler I'd think your cutie mark would be a quill in a ink well sitting next to a book.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »
Hmmm, with a name like Story Scribbler I'd think your cutie mark would be a quill in a ink well sitting next to a book.
Well, the book/pens/dice idea I had earlier kind of encompasses all the ways I do stories: read/write/game.  However, a simple mark would be good, too, if it meant easier recognition.  I can see how it would be hard to make out a gaming die in a mark that size.  The Mane 6 each have a pretty simple mark; RD's is maybe the most complex, but the high contrast of the colors makes it stand out.