Author Topic: Bugs in the system!  (Read 21424 times)

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
Re: Bugs in the system!
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 10:07:06 am »
A quick update:

The staff has been conducting preliminary tests on some of the fleas we've found, and we have some worrying news. It seems that the fleas, in addition to being giant and mutated, may be carrying a variety of diseases unknown to furkind. We found a powerful mutagen in their blood which has the potential to change a furry's physical form and alter their mind. We're still trying to sort out what exactly this means, so in the meantime, please remain calm.

*passes out flea collars to all members*
We don't know if these will help, but it's worth a shot.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 10:12:08 am »
A quick update:

The staff has been conducting preliminary tests on some of the fleas we've found, and we have some worrying news. It seems that the fleas, in addition to being giant and mutated, may be carrying a variety of diseases unknown to furkind. We found a powerful mutagen in their blood which has the potential to change a furry's physical form and alter their mind. We're still trying to sort out what exactly this means, so in the meantime, please remain calm.

*passes out flea collars to all members*
We don't know if these will help, but it's worth a shot.
:o

*wears the collar*
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Furlong

• Hail Ilpalazzo!
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 10:20:58 am »
*emerges from bunker with Furtopia hardhat and flack jacket, takes collar and puts it on*

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

MATHEMATICS: Description of the world devised by geniuses that in no way resembles it whatsoever.

Thanks to millislim for the awesome avatar.

Offline Aleya Lunara

• Fallen from the heavens.
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 10:43:09 am »
*puts on flea collar* It's not too late to stand up and fight. There may be more fleas than furs here, but we must stand strong.
"To those who understand, I extend my hand. To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am. Not under your command, I know where I stand. I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am..." -Dream Theater

Offline Keryth

• I challenge you to a battle of knives!
  • Male
    • I challenge you to a battle of knives!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 10:49:58 am »
   ▲
◄ ● ►
   ▼
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:01:22 pm by Keryth »
Its all moved to here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/keryth/
Ya know, me being here has a inevitable sense of irony since truthfully, I am not a furry.
I challenge you to a battle of knives!

Offline Furlong

• Hail Ilpalazzo!
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 10:58:51 am »
*puts on flea collar* It's not too late to stand up and fight. There may be more fleas than furs here, but we must stand strong.

Aleya is right.  We cannot cower in fear, we must fight.  Run out the cannons! Take up your swords and shields!  Red Alert!  Launch all fighters!   
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

MATHEMATICS: Description of the world devised by geniuses that in no way resembles it whatsoever.

Thanks to millislim for the awesome avatar.

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 11:13:10 am »
Oi! I Hate fleas!!! >:(

*Takes out a "Flea Fogger" grenade and throws it into the middle of the room!*

Fire in zeh hole!! > , <

*The room now becomes filled with an intoxicating white smoke, and I whip out an unfolding "Trench digging spade" and WW2 style helmet.*

I joined this team just to kill maggots like you!

*I start swinging my shovel wildly.*

And from this day forward, anytime a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!..... unless it's a farm!
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Prince Karo

• Admewnistrator
  • Species: Fluffy-tailed kitten
  • i am watching yooou.. :3
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/princekaro/
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 11:49:52 am »
Greetings, pitiful warm blooded fuzzies! My name is Julius Fleaser III, Flea Overlord!

I am speaking via this host body to inform you all of the impending takeover of your insignificant little world in the name of greater fleakind! Mwa, ha, ha, ha, ha!

You shall all become but worthless fleshy puppets to feed off of, and to use to further our goals!

Be afraid... very afraid...
My art: click here

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:01 am »
 So many bugs. So little spray.    :o

"Sits in a corner with his last can of flea spray"
oldrabbit.com

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 11:58:30 am »
Aaahh so itchy DX

I.....I..uh.......
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 12:01:06 pm »
 :o NO! They got Wiessman and Prince Karo!

Wheres Blastdav!? And has anyone heard news from Kobuk?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 12:28:25 pm »
:o:o:o

Not Prince Karo!  Not Weisseman!  No!!!

*charges after them, swinging a shovel around wildly*
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Aleya Lunara

• Female
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 01:28:05 pm »
Now that is a problem. If anyone has any idea how to stomp out a flea without sending the host into oblivion then they are more than welcome to try. *swings katana cutting flea in half* As to the sheer amount of size, well we'll need to outlast them. How hard can that be if we are wearing flea collars?
"To those who understand, I extend my hand. To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am. Not under your command, I know where I stand. I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am..." -Dream Theater

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:41 pm »
*downs a capstar and puts on revolution!!!* nooooooooooooooooo no fleas!!!  :o

Offline Prince Karo

• Admewnistrator
  • Species: Fluffy-tailed kitten
  • i am watching yooou.. :3
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/princekaro/
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 01:53:45 pm »
Now that is a problem. If anyone has any idea how to stomp out a flea without sending the host into oblivion then they are more than welcome to try. *swings katana cutting flea in half* As to the sheer amount of size, well we'll need to outlast them. How hard can that be if we are wearing flea collars?

Haha! Your 'flea collars' are but a trivial annoyance to us, for we are the supreme pinnacle of flea evolution!
My art: click here

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »
we are the supreme pinnacle of flea evolution!

But...we've gone into the rest of evolution, though. You  know the bit beyond fleadom. You know, the one REAL lifeforms are at. :D

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 02:40:39 pm »
Hmmm this seems to be a problem.... *casts a few spells accelerating himself to lichdom* Ha! Fleas don't need undead, especially since I have no more blood!

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 02:45:25 pm »
Finally managed to get this piece of junk computer in the labs to work...  It's a little broken but it seems to be fine...  I'm here with Lavander, she was near by so I got her to come take refuge with me in the safe area, and to help me come up with a virus to fight the fleas since they seem to be reproducing faster than we can fight them, I believe the best way to combat them is to create a virus with the lab equipment here and infect the fleas with it.  Though they may be able to adapt to it so I'll work on a couple...  I don't think rescue is a safe option for us at the moment because they're swarming around outside now that they're aware of what we're doing...

Lava's note: I wouldn't worry about us guys. For one he's a big scarey dragon and I can shapeshift into any creature I desire. Currently a huge anteater, seeing as I can just hoover up any fleas that come near us. Peace out, Furtopia! We'll find a way to fix this ^.^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Aleya Lunara

• Female
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 03:01:51 pm »
Finally managed to get this piece of junk computer in the labs to work...  It's a little broken but it seems to be fine...  I'm here with Lavander, she was near by so I got her to come take refuge with me in the safe area, and to help me come up with a virus to fight the fleas since they seem to be reproducing faster than we can fight them, I believe the best way to combat them is to create a virus with the lab equipment here and infect the fleas with it.  Though they may be able to adapt to it so I'll work on a couple...  I don't think rescue is a safe option for us at the moment because they're swarming around outside now that they're aware of what we're doing...

Lava's note: I wouldn't worry about us guys. For one he's a big scarey dragon and I can shapeshift into any creature I desire. Currently a huge anteater, seeing as I can just hoover up any fleas that come near us. Peace out, Furtopia! We'll find a way to fix this ^.^

Hooray, the cavalry is coming. All we need to do is hold out until our saviors come. *heals bite wounds* However, I don't think that the flea collars are as effective as they were earlier. I think they might be adapting.

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:11 pm »
comes out of house in iron man armor* ok this baby is equipped with frontline plus anti flea rounds. lets see them fleas survive this. *puts flea collar on* ok lets go

Offline Lava

• Getting all crafty up in dem mines!
  • Female
    • Lava's Deviantart
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »
*Flies in dramaticly and starts spraying the virus everywhere*
LLEEEYYRROOOYYYYY JEENNKKIINNNNSSSSSS!!

Take this you flea vermin! Your six legs, high jumps and creepy eyes are no match for my geneticly enchanced super virus! >D

Offline Edward Vulpes

• Mmm... Fish-shaped volatile organic compounds.
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 04:38:05 pm »
*Barges out of the lab in a long white coat, gas mask, and a spraygun atomizer attached to a tank of clear liquid.*

Wretched bugs! I've been in the lab all day, preparing something special just for you. It's a lovely little compound that you'll find just delicious. It's called Diphenyldichlorotrichloroethane, also known...

*Cocks the spraygun*

...as DDT.

Come on. Get a little closer.

No... no, it's not working. It's not working! You're supposed to be twitching yourselves to death!

Get away, get away from me! This shouldn't be happening! This can't be happening! Citation needed!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:07:53 pm by Edward Vulpes »
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." -Albert Einstein
"Small child, I have fangs and claws. Please let go of my tail." -Moi

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 05:17:15 pm »
*staggers in the door*

Oh god! They got me! They got me!

*collapses in the middle of the room*

S-Somebody... p-please help me........

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 05:22:20 pm »
*begins casting death knell* Did anyone else hear mercy kill? *shifty eyes about the room*

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 06:06:45 pm »
*busts open an air vent and crawls into an empty office room.*

Note pad, gotta find a note pad....

*begins writing.*

To whomever finds this note. This is Kaloyan Alett.

I was cornered in an alleyway outside and sought cover in the swers. Seems the water levels are too high for the fleas to achive proper jumping height. I've managed to make my way into this office from the sewers and then into the air ducts.
Most of the outside areas are overrun and many citizens have been overtaken by the fleas control. They have also crowded into the open areas of the building, places with low ceilings seem devoid of activity save for flea possesed furs.

A vital note

Possestion does not seem limited to only viral transmission. I have noticed sharp spines on the fleas legs that they attack victims with. I believe that if you remove the spines you may be able to save the host.

*returns to the air ducts to find a safe haven*
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home