Author Topic: Dust: An Elysian Tail  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Rufure

• Species: Tanuki/Cat
  • professional yawner
Dust: An Elysian Tail
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »
There was an old thread on this topic, but the magic window told me to avoid gravedigging, so I'm starting up a new one.

Has anyone else played Dust: An Elysian Tail? It's a side-scrolling action/exploration game featuring a fully anthro animal cast.
I went into it not really expecting much and then got so into it I beat it in one sitting.

It's kinda of an old game, but I think it's really underappreciated. The plot and voice-acting was all top-notch, and the gameplay was nice and sleek (though I encountered a few glitches on PC version). Graphics were nice, too.
I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good story.
残念ながらSAFEでした
"Too bad, you got a safe."

°˖✧ Project Diva Addict ✧˖°

Hit me up for my Telegram/LINE/3DS Friend Code.

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 03:54:27 pm »
Yes, and I loved it, especially when I could use the guardians magic in battle, and that whirling blade technique, even though I'd damage myself with it at times.

I didn't act too interested in it because my dad introduced me to it, and I don't want him knowing I'm into the fandom, but it's a very fun game.  :)
Every now and then...

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:40:51 pm »
I've not finished it yet, but it was a fun enough little game from what I remember. I'll probably pick it up again sooner rather than later.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 05:02:38 am »
I love the game. The artwork, the graphic effects, the animation, the story...  really not much bad I can say about it.

Fidget is awesome and adorables

Offline Rufure

• Species: Tanuki/Cat
  • professional yawner
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 06:58:49 am »
I'm glad to see others who enjoyed the game as much as I did! :D And yeah... I didn't like Fidget much in the beginning, but she definitely grew on me. /laughs

I think the only thing that could be improved would be refining the art style a little more (it was nice but I'd like to see it get a bit of a revamp with more depth). Hoping we get a sequel some time in the future...
残念ながらSAFEでした
"Too bad, you got a safe."

°˖✧ Project Diva Addict ✧˖°

Hit me up for my Telegram/LINE/3DS Friend Code.